• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Defensive rebounding continues to be the central problem.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I'm not blaming this on Horford/Smith because they're so frequently pulled out of position, but it should be noted that the Bucks' OReb% is up 19% in this series over their seasonal average. And that's without a top 25 offensive rebounder in Bogut.

When the Hawks get a new coach who doesn't rely so heavily on switching, it will be a pleasant experience to watch the two athletic bigs pull down rebounds and ignite the up-tempo offense we've all been waiting for...

I'm not blaming this on Horford/Smith because they're so frequently pulled out of position, but it should be noted that the Bucks' OReb% is up 19% in this series over their seasonal average. And that's without a top 25 offensive rebounder in Bogut.

When the Hawks get a new coach who doesn't rely so heavily on switching, it will be a pleasant experience to watch the two athletic bigs pull down rebounds and ignite the up-tempo offense we've all been waiting for...

I knew this would come back to bite the Hawks in the *ss. Earlier in the year when i brought this up some people were like "what are you complaining for, the Hawks are winning?".

• Moderators

And with the Hawks size..... We should be owning that department vs these Bucks.

Agreed. Our frontcourt is bigger and so much more athletic than Milwaukee's.

• Moderators

Marvin had 8 rebs. 6 in the first half. If he has trouble scoring the ball, he at least needs to do this, in order to contribute to the team. The Hawks were great on the boards tonight.

I agree 100%. With his length and athleticism, he needs to be an impact rebounder (relative to the SF position) no matter what. Against a team where he gets as many matchups against smaller players as Milwaukee, he needs to own his counterpart on the boards. Rebounding is discipline and effort. It is in his control to do that.

I actually think the rebounding would be better for us had Bogut played. He doesn't contribute much to the highscreen and roll game. He plays in the paint like a center should. That allows Smith/Horford to stay home and stick to the boards. Marvin has the tools to be a very good rebounder as well. Can't wait for game 7. Kurt Thomas has been making them fight for everything down there.