Woody Defends Smoove AGAIN!

gutz

Haha, Woody is such an idiot and so is Smoove! Give me a break! You didn't play a good game 2 Smoove. You were awful on defense and got lucky with a few jumpers. Come on man. This guy is a fool!

Atlanta Hawks: Woody sticks up for Smoove

3:38 pm May 7, 2010, by Michael Cunningham

Smoove says he wasn't sulking during Game 2. (AP)

Woody said he typically doesn’t listen to broadcasters when reviewing video of games. But he said he heard about Hubie Brown’s critical comments of Josh Smith during Game 2 vs. Orlando on Thursday. Brown, the ex-Hawks coach and member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, criticized Smith for failing to hustle back downcourt when he got frustrated by officials’ calls and bad plays.

It’s happened at times this season with Smith, whom Woody said is “still growing as player.” But Woody defended Smith from the outside criticism.

“We see that on tape and we point that out,” he said. “I don’t need Hubie or them guys like that [to do it]. I heard comments today that Hubie was blistering Josh Smith. Well, he can get away with it because he’s coached. But I don’t know if I can let you guys get away with it.

“That is my job as coach to point that out to Smoove and guys like that when they are doing that. And trust me, it don’t go unnoticed. He knows about it at the end of the day. Our tapes are thoroughly broken down and mistakes are pointed out.”

As it turns out, Smoove also watched a replay of the ESPN broadcast. He said he couldn’t sleep when the Hawks returned from Orlando early this morning so he caught the repeat broadcast of the game.

He said he heard some of Brown’s criticisms but shrugged them off.

“I was definitely into it mentally,” he said. “I always speak my peace with the referees. That doesn’t get me out of my game at all. That just makes me play harder to make them call calls.”

Was he sulking when things didn’t go his way?

“Maybe my body language looked different than my [mentality],” he said. “My [mentality] was strong. It was there. I don’t know, maybe I’ve got to lift my shoulders or something?”

Did he allow his frustrations to affect his effort level?

“I don’t think so,” he said. “I am too ahead of the game in my career now where I [would] let little minor things affect me. I think I played a good game yesterday.”

Smith finished with 18 points, nine rebounds and three assists. But he also had five turnovers and took six jump shots from beyond 10 feet with two makes.

Smith’s failure to get back on defense also contributed to Orlando’s success in transition.

“You just teach from the tapes and you hope like hell that they learn from it and when they get in that situation again they get their [butts] back on defense,” Woody said. “Because we were terrible in transition defense. We gave up at least 12, 14 points because we didn’t get back and get matched.”

MC

“Maybe my body language looked different than my [mentality],” he said. “My [mentality] was strong. It was there. I don’t know, maybe I’ve got to lift my shoulders or something?”

:cant believe: ............Try lifting your knees in a repetitive motion similar to this thing called running instead.

there is a difference between "pointing something out" and actually doing something about it to change it.

Josh obviously has a very skewed view of himself and his own abilities. It's very hard to help people like that.

Woodson is obviously scared to show Josh any real discipline.

Haha, Woody is such an idiot and so is Smoove! Give me a break! You didn't play a good game 2 Smoove. You were awful on defense and got lucky with a few jumpers. Come on man. This guy is a fool!

Atlanta Hawks: Woody sticks up for Smoove

3:38 pm May 7, 2010, by Michael Cunningham

Smoove says he wasn't sulking during Game 2. (AP)

Woody said he typically doesn’t listen to broadcasters when reviewing video of games. But he said he heard about Hubie Brown’s critical comments of Josh Smith during Game 2 vs. Orlando on Thursday. Brown, the ex-Hawks coach and member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, criticized Smith for failing to hustle back downcourt when he got frustrated by officials’ calls and bad plays.

It’s happened at times this season with Smith, whom Woody said is “still growing as player.” But Woody defended Smith from the outside criticism.

“We see that on tape and we point that out,” he said. “I don’t need Hubie or them guys like that [to do it]. I heard comments today that Hubie was blistering Josh Smith. Well, he can get away with it because he’s coached. But I don’t know if I can let you guys get away with it.

“That is my job as coach to point that out to Smoove and guys like that when they are doing that. And trust me, it don’t go unnoticed. He knows about it at the end of the day. Our tapes are thoroughly broken down and mistakes are pointed out.”

As it turns out, Smoove also watched a replay of the ESPN broadcast. He said he couldn’t sleep when the Hawks returned from Orlando early this morning so he caught the repeat broadcast of the game.

He said he heard some of Brown’s criticisms but shrugged them off.

“I was definitely into it mentally,” he said. “I always speak my peace with the referees. That doesn’t get me out of my game at all. That just makes me play harder to make them call calls.”

Was he sulking when things didn’t go his way?

Did he allow his frustrations to affect his effort level?

“I don’t think so,” he said. “I am too ahead of the game in my career now where I [would] let little minor things affect me. I think I played a good game yesterday.”

Smith finished with 18 points, nine rebounds and three assists. But he also had five turnovers and took six jump shots from beyond 10 feet with two makes.

Smith’s failure to get back on defense also contributed to Orlando’s success in transition.

“You just teach from the tapes and you hope like hell that they learn from it and when they get in that situation again they get their [butts] back on defense,” Woody said. “Because we were terrible in transition defense. We gave up at least 12, 14 points because we didn’t get back and get matched.”

MC

He is tryin to gain the support of his players because he knows he is just about finished.

I am not suprised at all by Smith's actions or comments. He has done the same thing all year. Arguing with the refs instead of getting back on defense. Why are we shocked? Also, I am lmao @ the "He is still growing as a player." He has been in the NBA for six seasons now. When does the maturation start top occur? Having watched him for 6 years now, he is even worse now than 4 or 5 years ago. He needs a reality check.

Honestly, Josh and most of the players on the team are or at least appear to be out of shape, as if they don't have trainers at all. They walk down the court as if they are on a golf course, and they have been doing all this season. Honestly, I don't think they can play a high intensity game for 48 minutes because they are out of shape. A seven series? Yeah, right.

They have won most of their games with about 50% or less effort which may work during the regular season, but it will not and has not worked in playoffs. Hopefully, the team will realize that true winner put 100% effort in every game they play, whether they are twenty points up or twenty points down.

Honestly, Josh and most of the players on the team are or at least appear to be out of shape, as if they don't have trainers at all. They walk down the court as if they are on a golf course, and they have been doing all this season. Honestly, I don't think they can play a high intensity game for 48 minutes because they are out of shape. A seven series? Yeah, right.

They have won most of their games with about 50% or less effort which may work during the regular season, but it will not and has not worked in playoffs. Hopefully, the team will realize that true winner put 100% effort in every game they play, whether they are twenty points up or twenty points down.

Maybe because they've played the same amount of minutes all year long except in blowouts which most where in like November

:cant believe:

I see a problem. A very BIG problem.

We all witnessed what was happening. It was pointed out by Hubie Brown, just in case you weren't really

paying any attention at the time.

We all, collectively, a Hawk fans, got kinda sick at our stomach as we watched what was going on.

-------- AND NOW ------ BOTH WOODY AND JOSH TELL US THAT EVERYTHING WAS ALL RIGHT ! --------------------------

Really? Both of them? Yep. Read what they have to say about all this crap. It's all right. J. Smoove does this.

And, they are both professionals - - This is what they do for a living - - They make big $$$ for doing this.

IT'S ALL RIGHT - - - JOSH DOES THIS ALL THE TIME! - -

He will make a few spectacular plays and all will be forgiven.

:help wanted3:

And still, we, the fans of this Hawk team, still want them to win! Have mercy on us.

:white flag:

Edited by Gray Mule