Hoodstar's REALISTIC Offseason Plan

PureGreatness

If im Rick Sund I let the fans talk and talk all throught the summer but i pay them no attention. I would do whats best for the team. Remember what Buddy Ryan said " if you listen to the fans, you'll wind up sitting with them".

Don't resign Woodson, Hire Byron Scott- Byron scott develops point guards and will put a offensive system that will fit the players. Which will be totally opposite of woodsons style. He can develop teague to be a good point guard who can push the pace instead of walking up and down the court.

Let Joe Go- He isnt worth 15 MIll AND WE KNOW IT! He pounds the ball for 20 seconds then decides to make a move. YOU DONT GIVE SOMEONE 15 MILL IF HE IS NOT WORTH IT. Whether its sign n trade o what not gotta get rid of him.

Get rid of MARVIN AND BIBBY!- Your maying marvin 9 Mill and Bibby 6 mill THEY NOT WORTH IT. You have to package them in a trade. Maybe to New orleans for the chris pauls back up. or andre miller. prob have to include a draft pick or another scrub. oh well find a way.

You Prob wont get a superstar this offseason but you might not need to.

BRING BACK CHILLDRESS- when Chilldress comes back he dont wanna come back and play with Joe or for Woodson but both will be gone.

Get blake griffins brother. Ive been told he beat his man off the dribble and take it to the hole. he would be a good back up to horford.

GET JOHN SALMONS AND TYSON CHANDLER- John Salmons is a very good basketball player that we could get and Tyson Chandler played for Byron Scott in New Orleans.

KEEP, SMOOVE, HORFORD,CRAWFORD AND TEAGUE- People can say what they want about Smoove but he and Horford are the only ones that like to pass the ball. Not saying they dont go iso but that was our offense for 6 years so when byron scott comes in it will be different. You only trade smith if in exchange u get a superstar or a offer u cant refuse.

2010 NBA ROSTER

Collins or Miller/Teague

Salmons/Crawford/Chills

Smoove/Chills

Horford/Griffin

Chandler/ZaZa/Morris

Remember this is assuming we let JJ walk instead of a sign n trade.

I know this team doesnt look great but assuming nothing amazing happens. Balanced team with ball movement and a system that fits our players. Everybody playing they natural positions.

And to be honest this is more realistic. the only thing is maybe nobody wants marvin but if so this will be our 2010-11 roster. Does it look great? No but if you wanna be like the pistons then you need to have solid ball movement. and a actual offense and a smart coach which we will have.

You dont wanna start over too much but you have to establish a solid team.

Not saying im gonn be 100% correct but seems more solid.

What about sign-and-trading JJ to Utah for a resigned Carlos Boozer (4 years / 52 million) and CJ Miles? Utah would be perfect for JJ and they have Milsap to fill in at PF. I wouldn't pay Boozer the money that JJ is looking for, though, so it would have to include a $2-4 million player like Miles. He's signed 2 more years at a small price for 10 ppg. Boozer would be about 33 when the deal was up; he's about the same age as JJ. Even better would be including Bibby for a resigned Kyle Korver.

Next step would be finding a new home for Josh Smith. Use him to get out of Bibby and/or Marvin's contract.

What about sign-and-trading JJ to Utah for a resigned Carlos Boozer (4 years / 52 million) and CJ Miles? Utah would be perfect for JJ and they have Milsap to fill in at PF. I wouldn't pay Boozer the money that JJ is looking for, though, so it would have to include a $2-4 million player like Miles. He's signed 2 more years at a small price for 10 ppg. Boozer would be about 33 when the deal was up; he's about the same age as JJ. Even better would be including Bibby for a resigned Kyle Korver.

Next step would be finding a new home for Josh Smith. Use him to get out of Bibby and/or Marvin's contract.

Fans right now are just frustrated but Sund is trading Smoove anywhere. Im telling you that right now cause im being realistic and using common sense. unless a deal that we cant refuse shows up but other than that Smoove isnt going anywhere.. Keep Smoove and Horford. We have to get rid of Marvin and Bibby. they dont produce s***.

I like your Kyle korver idea. what is he a SG?

Edited by hoodstar

• Moderators

I don't think you're being realistic and using common sense if you think NO will trade us Collison (is that who you mean) for Bibby and Marvin. As a starter the last few months of the season he avg 18 points and 9 assists. We might have a better shot at CP3 but we aren't getting anyone decent for Bibby and Marvin.

I agree that Smoove and Horford aren't going anywhere. They are the core. I think its tempting to see what another coach with a different system can do with this roster.

• Like 1

I don't think you're being realistic and using common sense if you think NO will trade us Collison (is that who you mean) for Bibby and Marvin. As a starter the last few months of the season he avg 18 points and 9 assists. We might have a better shot at CP3 but we aren't getting anyone decent for Bibby and Marvin.

I agree that Smoove and Horford aren't going anywhere. They are the core. I think its tempting to see what another coach with a different system can do with this roster.

+1

Thanks for adding a little sanity to this thread that was a waiste of bandwidth.