• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Am I Missing Something?

benhillboy

I hate to bash the guy's head in but yall make me do it. Posts to re-sign and go forward with Joe? Mindboggling. I don't know what to say.

Maybe we could've went out a little more respectably against Orlando if Jamal had played signifigantly more minutes than Joe and handled the offensive load while Joe guard's the perimeter and cuts down on the three point barrages, you know, like I said a couple weeks ago. Shame on me for thinking outside the box. Jamal only scored 17 more points in 15 less minutes throughout the series, yet you want to continue to pay Joe 6 million more dollars? Insert logic here.

Please tell me I'm missing something. Please. All of you know I'm open-minded and receptive.I know you guys don't want to mire in sure mediocrity when you can possibly shake things up and see what happens. Josh and Al together are clearly the centerpiece of this franchise (take issue with 82games.com regular season stats along with the playoff efficiencies, not me) If you can't see Joe should be done here, you need them thick, reinforced bifocals. You know, the ones that make your eyes look like 3D dots underwater.

We seriously need to move on if we're to have any chance at snatching an occassional 2 seed, which would directly invole us beating Orlando often and carrying that into the post-season. Have any of you seen any evidence of that possibly happening while paying Joe anywhere near max? Dwight Howard will dominate in the Southeast for a long time, and there are no True Centers coming anytime soon to combat him. With that said, he is the head of the snake, and an extremely flawed, clumsy, silly one who would easily wilt, along with his squad and coach, if we had some guy, any guy, who knows how to apply pressure at the rim, get to the line, be smart and efficient, and won't allow his team to be embarrassed. The Anti-Joe if you will.

SMH.

Edited by benhillboy

I hate to bash the guy's head in but yall make me do it. Posts to re-sign and go forward with Joe? Mindboggling. I don't know what to say.

Maybe we could've went out a little more respectably against Orlando if Jamal had played signifigantly more minutes than Joe and handled the offensive load while Joe guard's the perimeter and cuts down on the three point barrages, you know, like I said a couple weeks ago. Shame on me for thinking outside the box. Jamal only scored 17 more points in 15 less minutes throughout the series, yet you want to continue to pay Joe 6 million more dollars? Insert logic here.

Please tell me I'm missing something. Please. All of you know I'm open-minded and receptive.I know you guys don't want to mire in sure mediocrity when you can possibly shake things up and see what happens. Josh and Al together are clearly the centerpiece of this franchise (take issue with 82games.com regular season stats along with the playoff efficiencies, not me) If you can't see Joe should be done here, you need them thick, reinforced bifocals. You know, the ones that make your eyes look like 3D dots underwater.

We seriously need to move on if we're to have any chance at snatching an occassional 2 seed, which would directly invole us beating Orlando often and carrying that into the post-season. Have any of you seen any evidence of that possibly happening while paying Joe anywhere near max? Dwight Howard will dominate in the Southeast for a long time, and there are no True Centers coming anytime soon to combat him. With that said, he is the head of the snake, and an extremely flawed, clumsy, silly one who would easily wilt, along with his squad and coach, if we had some guy, any guy, who knows how to apply pressure at the rim, get to the line, be smart and efficient, and won't allow his team to be embarrassed. The Anti-Joe if you will.

SMH.

Your hate for Joe is what is mindboggling to me. You actually think that Jamal is better then Joe. That is not even a comparison Joe is the reason he had his career year just like Flip had his career year last year. Joe is not a super star but he is a star and only someone with blinders cant see that. He play awful in this series and that is can not happen. If you poll every team in the NBA and ask which player they would rather have between Joe and Jamal it would not be close and it would not be in Jamals favor.

• Like 2

Your hate for Joe is what is mindboggling to me. You actually think that Jamal is better then Joe. That is not even a comparison Joe is the reason he had his career year just like Flip had his career year last year. Joe is not a super star but he is a star and only someone with blinders cant see that. He play awful in this series and that is can not happen. If you poll every team in the NBA and ask which player they would rather have between Joe and Jamal it would not be close and it would not be in Jamals favor.

I agree.

Not to mention, what can Joe do with a coach that can actually call offensive plays? I am interested to see Joe under new leadership.

I agree.

Not to mention, what can Joe do with a coach that can actually call offensive plays? I am interested to see Joe under new leadership.

Joe had a real offensive coach in Phoenix and his last 2 years there scored 16-17 points a game on 44.5% shooting. He did the same thing with a real coach and that real coach made him the second option. His FG% is almost exactly the same here as it was in Phoenix even though he wasn't the focus of the offense and he scored 5 less points a game in the same amount of minutes.

i totally agree. people on this board kill me that they want johnson gone!.....they dont realize that at this stage the asg really cant go after any star and really dont have but two choices 1 s&t JJ or 2. just resign him if we want to stay as a competing team.

its not so much that I want Joe gone . I think we have seen first hand what Joe being the center piece of this team will do for us. Its time to use that cash and go in a different direction , perhaps a balanced scoring ,passing , team oriented basketball team.

Joe isn't the one to get us over the hump. If you guys can't see it , you never will. A new coach , an actually offence where our players have roles other than pick up garbage points off Joes misses , and a stronger inside presence could make this team scary .