• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody, Joe, Marvin and Josh

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Woody is a nice guy that was given a garbage team. Woody still has to bare most of the blame for never taking the PG position seriously. He gambled. Woody decided to go for the empty wins over devolving players and lost. Hopefully he's learned a lesson and will benefit from his failures in the future.

I like Joe, so even though he has never produced in the playoffs I say bring him back. Joe just needs more offensive structure. If he's willing to take a pay cut and accept that his days of dominating the ball are over....sign him.

Marvin does not belong in the NBA. Coming from a guy that thought BK was an OK GM I cannot fathom what Marvin did to impress BK. I know some of you think it's the system with Marvin but I just don't see the talent. Marvin can't hit uncontested jumpers and he simply can not complete a drive without falling down or being stripped. System????

Josh is probably the best player on this team. With that said I hope he's traded because I hate him as a person. His coach is fighting for the job and Josh decides to give another reason why his coach should be fired. I'm sick of seeing him cry, b*tch, and complain about every freakin thing. He can rot his childish *ss of in GS or NY for all I care.

• Premium Member

I disagree on the Marvin thing .. Let me ask you , where do you think Marvin is on the shooting pecking order on this team ? With a real offense , I think we all may be surprised .

5th

It's Joe, Jamal, Bibby, Al then Marvin but I think that has just as much to do with Marvin's reluctance than anything else.

I would love to get that kid out of Sacramento Jason Thompson. I would be down to trade Smoove to Sacramento for Thompson and Andres Nocioni.

Edited by Deeman

• Moderators

I don't think Joe is taking a paycut. He actually had a good year but the playoffs seriously sucked. Woody is gone and he should be. Marvin, Josh, Horford is a pretty good frontline to work with even though i don't like Marvin much. I think he probably could be a good spot up shooter in the right system but i agree with you about his skills.

A guy that can score 20 points one night , and none the next , needs coaching and plays called for him .. Any of these hawks , on any given night , can score , but there is no consistancy . Not saying I would want Lenny Wilkens back , but look at what he did with a team that had half the talent this Hawks team does. He turned them into a 50 game winner. This Hawks team with that ball movement would be off to the races. We the size and atheleticsim , why did we always walk the ball up ??

And yes , we can win NOW with or without Joe Johnson.( provided management doesnt sit pat and get nothing back in return ).

Marvin has the skills, but he lacks the confidence to be a dominant player in this league. I don't even think he believes in himself anymore. 2 points is just pathetic . NO ONE is going to win anything when there SF only scores 2 points in a game.

• Premium Member

You really think building this team around Al and Jamal? Is gonna keep the hawks in the playoffs lol.. as a matter of tact if they make the playoffs it would be by luck only. That team would be so flawed it's not even funny...

Never said that. The goal has to be to build around a true #1 option (which the Hawks are without) or a center / PG combination. Don't see Kobe walking through those door so Sund better get this team a PG and a Big man.