• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJ getting a 2nd enterview

Brotha2ThaNite

Avery brings a level of toughness and discipline this teams needs. Right now this team only takes pride in being the #1 customers at strip clubs around the country.

(and I not making that up...the hawks are actually known for frequenting strip clubs on the road.)

What are your sources? Wonder if that was where they were going when they played the Bucks in the 1st round, and they supposedly went out the night before a game.

Talk about a guy who has gotten a little to big for his britches:

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/05/avery_johnson_seeks_dual_role.html

Last year, he wouldn't interview for a job unless he was the only candidate. Now, it looks like he is trying to force a team to name him the VP of Basketball Ops along with being named the head coach.

Just admit it, you prefer coaches that will let the players do what they want on offense with no structure. That's why you backed Woody and that's why you want Dwayne Casey. You actually want clueless offensive coaches it seems like.

Obviously Avery Johnson is not perfect..... He took a good team and helped them get to the finals. Did Lenny Wilkens do that here? No

Did Fratello do that here? No

Woody? No

Dallas lost in the first round the next year.... But Dallas also lost earlier than they should have this season. Despite the regular season wins in the last decade that team always seems to have toughness issues.

As for Devin Harris... We should remember that he has only played well one year of his career. He didn't have a good season this year. He is still a combo guard with limited shooting range.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Just admit it, you prefer coaches that will let the players do what they want on offense with no structure. That's why you backed Woody and that's why you want Dwayne Casey. You actually want clueless offensive coaches it seems like.

Obviously Avery Johnson is not perfect..... He took a good team and helped them get to the finals. Did Lenny Wilkens do that here? No

Did Fratello do that here? No

Woody? No

Dallas lost in the first round the next year.... But Dallas also lost earlier than they should have this season. Despite the regular season wins in the last decade that team always seems to have toughness issues.

As for Devin Harris... We should remember that he has only played well one year of his career. He didn't have a good season this year. He is still a combo guard with limited shooting range.

You seem to be forgetting that I am not against hiring Avery Johnson. To me, there is very little difference between the coaches that are currently available. Avery is the name coach that is out there though. I'm just pointing out to all of you that if he comes on board, chances are very high that the Hawks will continue to be among the slower paced teams in the league. Most of that is due to their lack of having a point guard that can dictate the tempo, and Avery is smart enough to slow things down when his point guard cannot control the tempo of the game.

Also, the first line of your post is wrong. I want some structure on offense. I prefer a motion offense style that generates player movement and ball movement in an attempt to find an open shot at the basket. I personaly do not like the idea of designing isolation plays for a go to scorer. I'd rather have the go to scorer play within the offense, and if the offense hasn't created something in the first 20 seconds on the clock, then they can isolate the go to guy.

I also prefer an inside to outside style of offense. If it were up to me, the Hawks would be a very strong defensive team that had an efficient inside to outside offense. The problem with that is that we have no inside presence on offense at this point. I think Al Horford could expand his game offensively in the right scheme though.

Wait, whoa! Dirk opts out and then Avery Johnson gets a second interview? Maybe THATS Ricks master plan. AJ took Dirk and the Mavs to the finals. Maybe theyre close and he'd want to play for him again.

hey, at least I could hope thats whats going on right?

Edited by Moses

Wait, whoa! Dirk opts out and then Avery Johnson gets a second interview? Maybe THATS Ricks master plan. AJ took Dirk and the Mavs to the finals. Maybe theyre close and he'd want to play for him again.

hey, at least I could hope thats whats going on right?

haha... JJ/Marvin for Dirk... cheers