• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dream: Perfect 5-0

Gray Mule

:line dance:

Who has the only undefeated team in the WNBA?

Atlanta!!

We just need more Atlanta teams winning a lot more games.

Thrashers - Braves - - Falcons - - Hawks - -

Atlanta Dream 5-0 as they beat last year's champion Mercury team!!

GO DREAM !!

:line dance:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Took a halftime rout and turned it into a nailbiter, so much like our Hawks at times.

Shalee and Izi aren't my idea of a first-place backcourt, but who cares when your frontcourt players are lighting it up as they are? Sancho 20 and 17, Erika 20 and 12, and Angel (the league's leading scorer) with 28 and 5. Time to get an MVP campaign going. Carol Ross has been masterful thus far in making Meadors' shorthanded roster work.

~lw3

Angel is a monster and the Dream are playing excellent basketball.

• Moderators

http://www.wnba.com/features/powerrankings_100529.html

The last undefeated team in the league earns top honors this week. The Dream has a great combination of speed, athleticism and power. Grab the rebound and run. It’s a philosophy that helped Phoenix win two titles in three years and right now the Dream are doing it better than anyone.

This was awarded BEFORE she dropped 28 on the reigning WNBA champs...

McCoughtry Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week

ATLANTA, May 24, 2010 - Atlanta Dream forward Angel McCoughtry was named the league's Eastern Conference Player of the Week presented by Kia Motors today, for regular season games played Saturday, May 15 through Sunday, May 23.

McCoughtry wins the first Player of the Week presented by Kia Motors award of her career after helping Atlanta to its best start in franchise history with a 4-0 mark that has the Dream atop the Eastern Conference. Also included in that mark are a win over the defending Eastern Conference champion Indiana Fever, and the Dream's first ever win at Madison Square Garden.

McCoughtry averaged 21 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 2.0 steals and 1.5 blocks in the first four games. Her 32 points against Connecticut were two shy of her career high. With an additional 10 rebounds and five assists in that game, McCoughtry became just the eighth player in WNBA history to record a 30-10-5 game and the first to do so since Candace Parker on July 9, 2008. McCoughtry has scored in double figures every game this season.

On opening day, McCoughtry, the 2009 WNBA Rookie of the Year, poured in 20 points while also excelling on the defensive end of the floor where she logged four steals and three blocked shots in a 75-70 win at San Antonio. Most recently, the University of Louisville product was an offensive force, logging 21 points and six assists in an 86-77 victory against the host New York Liberty on May 23.

Anybody know whether the Dream- LA Sparks (Angel vs. Candace) matchup will be televised tonight (8 PM)?

:conversation:

Don't know whether tonight's game will be on TV or not. If it's not, wou can still watch it. And, it's free!

http://www.wnba.com/

Just sign up and watch on your computer. That's what I've been doing. Only problem is, the announcers

are always the home team people and you get a one sided report.

This will be a real test for the Dream. Candice (Mrs. Shellhead) is the real thing. She's great.

The Dream's Angel ain't bad either. Should be a great game.

GO DREAM!!!

:dancing18:

• Like 1

:cant believe:

:line dance: :line dance:

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

Behind @ halftime, the Dream went off! Big time. 101-82.

Dream are still perfect - - - - 6-0 for the season.

If you missed this one, you missed a good one. Wow! What else can I say.

GO DREAM!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Good to see that there are people who enjoy the WNBA and support the local team. Personally I would rather watch just about anything else, but it's definitely a good thing that there is a market that can support those very hard working and talented women.

:cant believe:

:line dance: :line dance:

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

Behind @ halftime, the Dream went off! Big time. 101-82.

Dream are still perfect - - - - 6-0 for the season.

If you missed this one, you missed a good one. Wow! What else can I say.

GO DREAM!!

I love how excited you get over the least exciting thing in the world.

AnthonyIII

Different strokes for different folks. Obviously, you are a fan of the Hawks and the NBA. Otherwise, you wouldn't

be on Hawksquawk.

Sure, I get excited and am excited because Atlanta has a winning team. I get excited when any of the Atlanta teams

win. That's because I'm a sports fan and I love sports. I love to watch a good ball game. Any ball game isn't very

exciting unless you choose one side to root for. In all pro sports, I choose Atlanta.

Being luke warm will not do. Just think. If you love ice tea, if it's room temprature, it's no good. If you love a good,

hot cup of coffee, if it's room temprature, it's no good. Luke warm is no good in either case. Same with the WNBA.

AnthonyIII, I hope you will choose to become an Atlanta fan of the WNBA and root for the Dream. You're a Hawk fan.

Add the Dream to your favorite teams. You too can be excited because your team is 6-0 for the season. You don't

have to watch these good looking gals. Just be excited because this is your team, as a fan, and they are winners.

• Like 2

AnthonyIII

Different strokes for different folks. Obviously, you are a fan of the Hawks and the NBA. Otherwise, you wouldn't

be on Hawksquawk.

Sure, I get excited and am excited because Atlanta has a winning team. I get excited when any of the Atlanta teams

win. That's because I'm a sports fan and I love sports. I love to watch a good ball game. Any ball game isn't very

exciting unless you choose one side to root for. In all pro sports, I choose Atlanta.

Being luke warm will not do. Just think. If you love ice tea, if it's room temprature, it's no good. If you love a good,

hot cup of coffee, if it's room temprature, it's no good. Luke warm is no good in either case. Same with the WNBA.

AnthonyIII, I hope you will choose to become an Atlanta fan of the WNBA and root for the Dream. You're a Hawk fan.

Add the Dream to your favorite teams. You too can be excited because your team is 6-0 for the season. You don't

have to watch these good looking gals. Just be excited because this is your team, as a fan, and they are winners.

+1

• Moderators

Took a half-dozen wins for the AJC to finally fix the Dream's coverage page. No more going to the Hawks section to find Dream articles.

Hopefully the fans still hung up over losing Ivory and 'Mique will suck it up, come out and support the team when they return from their road trip. They're off to play the next best team in the league next (Seattle, on Tuesday) featuring probably the only competitor for league MVP to Angel so far (Lauren Jackson).

A link to "DreamSquawk" for the interested few: http://atlantadream.proboards.com/

~lw3