• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hate is a strong word but I certainly never want to see Lebron on the Hawks or win a title

NJHAWK

Did Lebron want this: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67001/20100604/ferry_stepping_down_as_cavs_gm/

Danny Ferry stepping down as Cavs gm.

apparently so. check out this link:

Yahoo! story

"But more and more, the owner’s impulsive need to inject himself into everything took over the franchise. Most of all, (Cav's owner Dan) Gilbert had become the biggest enabler of LeBron James and his inner circle, and that only promises to get worse. (former Cav's GM Danny )Ferry never loved the players’ pregame skits, the hiring of James’ buddies, the associates’ riding on the team plane, but Gilbert seldom said no to anything. He behaved like the permissive parent who believed his kid would love him more if he spoiled him rotten. And it got the Cavs a superstar, James, who never respected anyone and a cast of associates who had the run of the place. Had James wanted Ferry to still be the GM, Gilbert would’ve backed down and Ferry would have a new contract."

i'm all about the hawks winning. if there would be any way possible for the hawks to win without lbj -- like every championship team has done in the past 7 years -- than i would prefer they do it without him, because up above shows you what you get along with that big giant lbj contract. a spineless club where one player is the star, the coach, and the gm. that is too much to give up for one guy who's a broken leg away from destroying your franchise.

apparently so. check out this link:

Yahoo! story

"But more and more, the owner’s impulsive need to inject himself into everything took over the franchise. Most of all, (Cav's owner Dan) Gilbert had become the biggest enabler of LeBron James and his inner circle, and that only promises to get worse. (former Cav's GM Danny )Ferry never loved the players’ pregame skits, the hiring of James’ buddies, the associates’ riding on the team plane, but Gilbert seldom said no to anything. He behaved like the permissive parent who believed his kid would love him more if he spoiled him rotten. And it got the Cavs a superstar, James, who never respected anyone and a cast of associates who had the run of the place. Had James wanted Ferry to still be the GM, Gilbert would’ve backed down and Ferry would have a new contract."

i'm all about the hawks winning. if there would be any way possible for the hawks to win without lbj -- like every championship team has done in the past 7 years -- than i would prefer they do it without him, because up above shows you what you get along with that big giant lbj contract. a spineless club where one player is the star, the coach, and the gm. that is too much to give up for one guy who's a broken leg away from destroying your franchise.

Some of you guys on this board read everything as if it's the unquestioned truth! Like the phony story (that started this post) about Nike creating shoes for every city LeBron visits during free agency.

Well, it's a fact that Lebron's friends ride with him on the plane. Heck, his agent is a high school buddy, his marketing firm is run by other high school buddies, and so on. In fact, his marketing company is either a front so he can receive money under the table, or just a way for him to make the money he pays his entourage tax deductible. Because I've never seen a worst website for a marketing company, just cliches and poor grammar. It's like a high school student watched Jerry Macguire and thought he could run a marketing business for athletes (which may actually be what happened here).

Point being, no one makes their entourage as much a part of a team's day to day life as Lebron does. Whether or not Ferry had a problem with that is a different issue, but the underlying point is true.

Edited by dlpin

Well, it's a fact that Lebron's friends ride with him on the plane. Heck, his agent is a high school buddy, his marketing firm is run by other high school buddies, and so on. In fact, his marketing company is either a front so he can receive money under the table, or just a way for him to make the money he pays his entourage tax deductible. Because I've never seen a worst website for a marketing company, just cliches and poor grammar. It's like a high school student watched Jerry Macguire and thought he could run a marketing business for athletes (which may actually be what happened here).

Point being, no one makes their entourage as much a part of a team's day to day life as Lebron does. Whether or not Ferry had a problem with that is a different issue, but the underlying point is true.

The problem with this article (any many from Yahoo Sports and AOL fanhouse) is that they are filled with half-truths. Some truth with a bunch of made up crap.