• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN draft special

DrReality

Extensive conversation on their special draft show about FA and very little mention of JJ. He was mentioned a time or two as an after thought. Everything was about where LBJ, Bosh and Wade are going. And that Miami has cleared enough cap space to sign three major FA's while NY can sign 2.

My hunch is that Miami will be a major player and snag as many top FAs as they can and then NY will step up and offer JJ a boatload of money. Won't have to wait long now. Makes a sign and trade that much more important.

• Premium Member

Extensive conversation on their special draft show about FA and very little mention of JJ. He was mentioned a time or two as an after thought. Everything was about where LBJ, Bosh and Wade are going. And that Miami has cleared enough cap space to sign three major FA's while NY can sign 2.

My hunch is that Miami will be a major player and snag as many top FAs as they can and then NY will step up and offer JJ a boatload of money. Won't have to wait long now. Makes a sign and trade that much more important.

I think JJ and Boozer ends up in Miami with Wade. Unfortunately, I don't think that team is better than Orlando.

I think JJ and Boozer ends up in Miami with Wade. Unfortunately, I don't think that team is better than Orlando.

That would be an awesome starting lineup; but their bench is going to be sorry as hell. Because if Wade and JJ both get max deals (which they will) that's somewhere between 34-35 million gone, then you take out 12-14 million for Boozer. That could be all of their money in 3 players to give them a whopping total of.........................6. A bench full of vets signed for the minimum isn't good enough to help out.

That would be an awesome starting lineup; but their bench is going to be sorry as hell. Because if Wade and JJ both get max deals (which they will) that's somewhere between 34-35 million gone, then you take out 12-14 million for Boozer. That could be all of their money in 3 players to give them a whopping total of.........................6. A bench full of vets signed for the minimum isn't good enough to help out.

Wouldn't they still have the mid-level to use? Not to mention that if they sign JJ and Boozer first along with other players to fill out the roster they can then take themselves over the cap to sign Wade for the max because of the Bird rights.

Same here, but man...it's scary to think that Miami somehow has 42 mil to spend.

Wow. just...Wow.

They don't have anywhere near that much to spend. This article is from before the Cook trade that saves them an additional 3 million but that's the only change I know of.

http://insider.espn....tory?id=5315544

Miami Heat

by Chris Broussard

Objective: Add one or two stars to play alongside Dwyane Wade.

Assets: $23.9 million worth of cap space and four draft picks (Nos. 18, 41, 42 and 48).

The plan: Imagine James, Wade and Bosh playing together. It's not likely, but it could happen. If the three stars sit down and say, "Let's form a 'Big Three' that would dwarf the one in Boston," and were willing to take a little less money to do so, you'd have a surefire dynasty. And that's certain to be Heat president Pat Riley's pitch.

The three players could max out at $16.5 million each in the first year of their upcoming contracts. But if each guy agrees to start out at $13.5 million, they could be teammates for the next five years. As for the rest of the team, remember that no one thought Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Eddie House and Glen Davis would be enough of a supporting cast.

Alternative advice: As fetching as the above scenario may be, it's a long shot. A more realistic scenario starts with re-signing Wade. The Heat still could sign Bosh outright, too, then add a shooter such as Ray Allen, Anthony Morrow or J.J. Redick with the remainder of the money. Morrow or Redick would come cheaper than Allen, so why not go after one of them and point guard Kyle Lowry?

Wouldn't they still have the mid-level to use? Not to mention that if they sign JJ and Boozer first along with other players to fill out the roster they can then take themselves over the cap to sign Wade for the max because of the Bird rights.

No they wouldn't have the MLE. Only teams that are over the cap at the beginning of the offseason qualify for the MLE.

No they wouldn't have the MLE. Only teams that are over the cap at the beginning of the offseason qualify for the MLE.

I go on many MB but for ppl to say Atlanta fans don't know crap..... They have no clue. A lot of you guys know more then the guys who cover the sports for a living :thumbsupsmileyanim: