• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: the truth about Joe Johnson

gsuteke

The Hawks can resign him. Yes, Chicago and Miami have cleared out room. However the Hawks have the benefit of offering a 6th year on his contract and 10% higher contract.

Yes, Joe Johnson will sign an 100 million dollar contract over 6 years if he resigns with Atlanta. Are you comfortable with that?

Joe isn't a marketable guy. He doesn't have alot of endoresement deals, therefore he's not going to walk away from 10+ million and an extra year. The Hawks can and will resign him if they exercise their bird rights and offer him a "MAX" deal.

My question to the Squawk are you comfortable with offering Joe Johnson that contract?

The Hawks can resign him. Yes, Chicago and Miami have cleared out room. However the Hawks have the benefit of offering a 6th year on his contract and 10% higher contract.

Yes, Joe Johnson will sign an 100 million dollar contract over 6 years if he resigns with Atlanta. Are you comfortable with that?

Joe isn't a marketable guy. He doesn't have alot of endoresement deals, therefore he's not going to walk away from 10+ million and an extra year. The Hawks can and will resign him if they exercise their bird rights and offer him a "MAX" deal.

My question to the Squawk are you comfortable with offering Joe Johnson that contract?

We wouldn't offer Solomon Alabi or Hassan Whiteside 500k. You think we're offering Joe Johnson 100 million? Don't get your hopes up is all I can say.

I was never comfortable with offering him max or near max money because he isn't that type of player. However, those thinking Jordan C. can come in and readily contribute are probably wishful thinkers. Joe, under a more structured offense that takes the ball out of his hands and forces him to play off the ball much more, will be a better JJ for us.

I guess it's better to have Joe Johnson than to lose him for nothing. However, he's not worth a max contract. Joe Johnson isn't a player that's going to get you over the hump, and he's not a player that's going to bring fans to the game. If Johnson is signed to a max contract, I have a feeling that the Hawks will end up regretting it.

joe johnson wants a max contract that we can prolly barely afford when a guy off the bench naed jamal crawford literally outplayed him in almost every gamee in his contract season he plays bettern than good defensee but mostly in gamess that are bigg or hell just give upp i really lLOVE joee butt should we go afterr otherrs. i was thinking a sign in trade at least get something out of him before he bolts i mean we did boo him in game 4 against the magics does he still like the fans.team etc.