• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

These "Veterans" Of Which You Speak...

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

“We are one of the youngest teams in the league still. I think we need to fill out the rest of the roster with veterans.” So sayeth Sund. Last year's foray into free agency begat slow, way-past-their-prime Methuselahs like Joe Smith and Jason Collins.

I'm expecting up to 4 roster spots (assuming one of either Johnson or Childress returns) to be filled with these vets.

What is the range of experience do you think Sund is looking for (minimum number of years)?

What players or positions do you believe he has his eye on?

And is there enough dough with the exceptions -- the MLE, BAE, and the "new TPE" (Tibor Pleiss Exception, $3 million) -- to secure four vets more useful than what we brought in last season?

~lw3

The "veterans" will likely be nothing more than vet minimum salary dudes of the likes of Collins, RandMo and a very washed-up Joe Smith. Until this team dives into the luxury tax, spends its MLE (didn't bother to do so last year), and regain some cap space and flexibility, our bench will continue to suck. That is why I think the whole "We need the 3 mil for vets" is BS because the "vets" aren't going to be very good.

• Like 1

I think they traded that pick to help pay jj in the short term. Everyone is going to complain about the spirit group no matter what.

You guys need to accept the harsh reality here. These are millionaires who are sports fans who got together to buy a team. It's not a billionaire paying millionaires type of situation. Money don't grow on trees - especially in a drought.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think they traded that pick to help pay jj in the short term. Everyone is going to complain about the spirit group no matter what.

You guys need to accept the harsh reality here. These are millionaires who are sports fans who got together to buy a team. It's not a billionaire paying millionaires type of situation. Money don't grow on trees - especially in a drought.

What team has used this selling picks technique while trying to compete and actually had it work out well for them? Again, this blew up in Phoenix's face and resulted in them spending more money on inferior talent. You have to go get a veteran to fill that roster spot not only this year but next year, etc. as well.