• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should the Hawks consider signing Tony Allen from the Celtics?

hawks21

I just don't see Joe Johnson re-signing here in Atlanta, and the team should NOT over-pay.

John Salmons is a good option, but I hope the team also considers signing Tony Allen from the Celtics.

Allen and Salmons have playoff experience and can help the Hawks if Joe leaves.

Edited by hawks21

I think the reason we drafted Little Crawford is to back up Big Crawford...plain as the nose on your face.

And to be fair to Hawks management - I don't see that as a big problem. JJ doesn't want to play the SF position and (IMO) Big Craw is as good or better than him at the 2. Who didn't notice that Big Craw was superior to JJ when it came to beating guys off the dribble - and was just as good shooting from outside?

And who didn't realize that tying up 25million on SGs hurt our team. kickcan.gif

I feel like T. Allen would be a bit redundant. We would then have 3 combo gaurds in addition to 2 pg's, but none that can defend the 3. If we sign another wing not named Joe Johnson he needs to be in the 6'6 to -6'8 height range. Salmons and JChill fit that profile well.

I think the reason we drafted Little Crawford is to back up Big Crawford...plain as the nose on your face.

And to be fair to Hawks management - I don't see that as a big problem. JJ doesn't want to play the SF position and (IMO) Big Craw is as good or better than him at the 2. Who didn't notice that Big Craw was superior to JJ when it came to beating guys off the dribble - and was just as good shooting from outside?

And who didn't realize that tying up 25million on SGs hurt our team. kickcan.gif

Problem is there will be nobody on the team that will draw all the double teams Joe got to free up other players. There is a reason Jcraw never made the playoffs as the staring 2 anywhere else. He can shoot you into a game some nights but as the #1 option he will more often than not shoot you out of a game.

• Like 1

We have too many guards already.

Lose JJ, Cut Mario and there is plenty of room for another guard or two even when just carrying 13 players.

Edited by Buzzard