• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

anthony morrow

chuck15

do we give him good look and bring him home? we put jamal in the starting five and have morrow play the part crawford played last year?!?!

Already posted about Morrow. He will be a tough get at the MLE, would probably be matched, but possible.

but with all the guards in GS and with inconsistant mins he gets in GS you think he ask them not to match like JJ did with the suns?

JJ did not just ask not to be matched and they politely stepped aside for the betterment of our team and JJ; Suns forced our hand with a trade. Nellie loves this kid; so who you want to send over for Morrow to get the salaries to match?

no doubt nellie loves the kid.but how much longer is nellie goin to be there? and not matching an offer from us would help better both teams it would allow players there to get more consistent mins ....it would allow morrow to further his career ...cause we all can agree that offensively he's there but GS doesnt teach him defense....how good would morrow be if he learned to play some D.......im not exactly sure who would send...but if the salaries matched i would send marvin.....morrow shoots better than marvin..a little bit more athletic that marvin.....and im pretty sure in the long run can be alot better than marvin

do we give him good look and bring him home? we put jamal in the starting five and have morrow play the part crawford played last year?!?!

As a big GT fan, I am thrilled for and surprised by the success Morrow has had at the NBA level. Having said that, he may be a good fit for GS but I don't think he is a $5+ million type player. He struggles with defense, athleticism and creating his own shot. I'd rather have Childress back.

i too am a tech boy but like i said when u play for nellie he skips defensive workouts ....put him with a coach who preaches some defensive might bettter his game.......i cant tell you how many times i watched marvin or bibby or JJ miss a wide open 3....this kid can shoot.....have him wonder around the 3 point line and get good spacing for horf or smith or even JJ if he comes back....all great teams had it.......spurs had bowen.....lakers had horry....lakers had ariza last year.......artest kinda played that role this year......posey when the celtics won in 08.....im not saying hes the key to us winnning it all....but he can help us get better

but with all the guards in GS and with inconsistant mins he gets in GS you think he ask them not to match like JJ did with the suns?

and we dont gave a surplus of 2's already? I was a supporter ofn Morrow coming here about 3 wks back before Evans picked up his option and before we drafted another player similar. If we make a move and get rid of a couple contracts I say we should put all of our resources into finding a legit 7fter out there our bringing in someone like Mike Miller to sure up our 3spot . We might be able to get by with our pg deficiencies for one more yr while awaiting to see how teague pans out.

surplus of 2's? with JC1 JC2 who else do we have mo evans ....im sorry but JC2 isnt proven in the nba ...mo cant do anything right.....and LD said we'll be more of a running offense .he could be our ray ray..on a fast break and he jsut lingers around the 3 line all day

surplus of 2's? with JC1 JC2 who else do we have mo evans ....im sorry but JC2 isnt proven in the nba ...mo cant do anything right.....and LD said we'll be more of a running offense .he could be our ray ray..on a fast break and he jsut lingers around the 3 line all day

YES we have a surplus of 2's. We cannot assume JJ isnt in the mix until he officially isnt in the mix. Until then, it looks like he will be retained. So yes add him, and the possibility of Chillz being back in the mix be it at the 3 or the 2 spot and thats a lot of SGs. Crawford isn't proven yes, but still he is a guaranteed roster spot. Hell for that matter, Morrow garnered the same ?s which is why he went undrafted. Just because he raised some eyebrows over this year doesnt mean he is proven either.

All I am saying is that once again, we have other holes that need attention version obtaining another player of similar traits of someone already on out team. Unless Chillz, Evans, or Crawford are moved, I say we must concentrate $$ solely on securing a servicable big. Beating of the drum continues.....

YES we have a surplus of 2's. We cannot assume JJ isnt in the mix until he officially isnt in the mix. Until then, it looks like he will be retained. So yes add him, and the possibility of Chillz being back in the mix be it at the 3 or the 2 spot and thats a lot of SGs. Crawford isn't proven yes, but still he is a guaranteed roster spot. Hell for that matter, Morrow garnered the same ?s which is why he went undrafted. Just because he raised some eyebrows over this year doesnt mean he is proven either.

All I am saying is that once again, we have other holes that need attention version obtaining another player of similar traits of someone already on out team. Unless Chillz, Evans, or Crawford are moved, I say we must concentrate $$ solely on securing a servicable big. Beating of the drum continues.....

We don't know about JJ or Chilz so adding them to our roster is no different than subtracting them. It is pure speculation for all of us right now. The thought process on Morrow is obviously if we lose JJ; not if we keep JJ. Now if we SNT JJ, a SG could be in the mix as well; which would make Morrow redundant. I have never been sold on Chilz as a SG; but he could be a starting SF or at least 1st off the bench.

If we do not get a SG and lose JJ, Morrow could become valuable to us. He is a better scorer than Evans and a better defender than Craw. He will cost more or be equal to Evans; but much cheaper than Craw.

He will be playing somewhere; and I see him and Wesley Mathews as the two best bargain RFA SGs out there this year. Neither will replace JJ; but who the hell will considering our cap space and options?

Edited by Buzzard

My issue is this. These are the guys we know we have on our roster

Teague 6'1.5"

Bibby 6'2"

Jordan 6'4.5"

Mo 6'5.25"

Jamal 6'5.5"

I'm not sure another 6'5" wing is in order regardless of whether or not Joe leaves.

We carried Mario for most of last season and JJ as well. Jordan for JJ's spot, now replace Mario. If we do not lose JJ, its obvious we do not have a spot for Morrow or any other SG.

In essence if JJ stays Mario is gone. If he does not, Mario should still be gone.

Edited by Buzzard