• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ wants to stay in ATL

Flight

The longer the weeks before free agency dragged out, sources say it’s become clearer to guard Joe Johnson that he truly wants to stay with the Atlanta Hawks. Will the Hawks give Johnson a $119 million max contract over six years, or come close to it? It’s doubtful they will go the distance with a max offer, but that sixth guaranteed season is likely to be a difference-maker in keeping Johnson. He’ll meet with the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls on Thursday, but sources insist those major markets don’t hold much of an appeal to him.

Via HoopsHype

Its just my opinion but I don't think Lebron is going anywhere. I honestly think he just enjoys the media attention and is eating this stuff up. He makes no secret that he aspires to be a billionaire. I see no way he passes up on that 6th year of max money. At the end of this contract Lebron will be approaching his Mid 30s. He may not be near the same player then that he is now. It wouldn't shock me at all to see him sign a 3yr deal with Cleveland and if they can't win a championship in those three years he is gone.

I have always thought JJ would stay with the Hawks. My guess is that he was waiting for assurance that they would possibly improve the team. That is the part I want to see.

I see no way he passes up on that 6th year of max money

I just don't get why people keep saying this. The last time Lebron was a FA he had a choice of signing a max deal of 4 years and 60 million dollars or for 5 years and 78 million. He gave up 18 million guaranteed last time and it worked out perfectly fine for him. This isn't his last max deal so I just don't see why he would blink over giving up that last guaranteed year again.

We need JJ to come back, our sg spot is going to kill us if he leaves

Thank you JJ for wanting to stay in the ATL. It is nice to have a guy who simply admits that he is all about the money instead of these turdmuckles who proclaim their desire to win a championship - while still going for the max $$.

And don't get me wrong - JJ works his tail off (plays massive minutes) - this post is no diss against him.

I just don't get why people keep saying this. The last time Lebron was a FA he had a choice of signing a max deal of 4 years and 60 million dollars or for 5 years and 78 million. He gave up 18 million guaranteed last time and it worked out perfectly fine for him. This isn't his last max deal so I just don't see why he would blink over giving up that last guaranteed year again.

While you are at it, why don't you remind us how old he was the last time he was a freeagent..........you really think Lebron is gonna sign another 5 year max deal at 32-33yrs of age???? He will be a 13yr vet after his new contract expires. You say it won't be his last max deal.......you think Lebron will play 20yrs? There is more to the situation than meets the eye. The fact that his style of play is predicated mostly on his athleticism makes me question how long he will/wants to play. That is a lot of games.