• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we sign JJ forget Childress and Horford

red2play

The Hawks still hold the rights to Josh Childress. His cap hold is $10.89 million (300% of $3.63 million, his final year’s pay). That cap hold takes the Hawks well over next year’s salary cap ($59.5 million to $61.8 million). If the Hawks rescind their rights to Childress then they’ll be back to the above figures. I do want the Hawks to re-sign Childress so I’m going to ignore the cap hold for the rest of the post (rather than changing the post) but be aware that it exists.

So now we have Horford up next year. This will RAVAGE THE TEAM for the next six yrs+. Reminds me SO MUCH of Nique and how we didn't care about winning.

• Premium Member

A lot of times, it comes down to players you'd like to have versus players you actually need. With that said, many want Chillz back, but Horford is a guy the Hawks NEED. I see them letting Chillz go, but I don't think Horf's going anywhere.

• Premium Member

A lot of times, it comes down to players you'd like to have versus players you actually need. With that said, many want Chillz back, but Horford is a guy the Hawks NEED. I see them letting Chillz go, but I don't think Horf's going anywhere.

I see us trading Marvin and keeping both Chillz and Horf.

Jamal Crawford comes off the books in 2011. There will be plenty for Horford.

And add another 4.5 million for Evans to that. Lot of to do about nothing. If we won't let JJ walk you can bet your bottom dollar Horf won't walk either. Chilz maybe so, but he has not played a game in two seasons, its not like we are really losing anything if he does.