• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks would only move Smoove for star PF

Chaze

It's not his "dream:..it's his natural position. Al is barely 6'9" if that. He played PF all throughout college.

He just wants to play the position that suits him the best and that's PF. He isn't causing a "stir" and has

done everything the team has asked of him so far.

Just trade the "eternal special project" named Josh Smith and let him be another team's headache.

Get a decent C in here and move Al to the PF and watch how much better a team we become.

Look, myself and the organization see him as a center. Unfortunately, it is a dream for him to be PF here until they either trade him or Josh smith. My question to you is: Why do you dislike Josh so much? He has proven to be a great player for us and I think very high of Al no matter if he is our center or PF. Al just needs to accept that if Josh is on our ballclub, he will not be a Power forward. Al knew this when he was drafted here what his role was and he has done a great job of it. But don't keep bringing up " I have no problem with it, but you know Power forward is my natural position". You and I both know what he is really trying to say without saying it.

Not to dispute David Aldridge but I find it highly unlikely that the Hawks would trade Smith for another Power Forward. In my mind you only make that move if you are getting a starting caliber Center back or if you are obtaining an established star like Chris Paul. That move should only be made if it indeed does free Al Horford from the Center position and simply bringing another PF in here just duplicates the problem.

In any deal for Paul New Orleans would most certainly make the team taking him also take Okafor. I don't really want to pay Okafor but he fits here under this scenario.

Not to dispute David Aldridge but I find it highly unlikely that the Hawks would trade Smith for another Power Forward. In my mind you only make that move if you are getting a starting caliber Center back or if you are obtaining an established star like Chris Paul. That move should only be made if it indeed does free Al Horford from the Center position and simply bringing another PF in here just duplicates the problem.

In any deal for Paul New Orleans would most certainly make the team taking him also take Okafor. I don't really want to pay Okafor but he fits here under this scenario.

I would trade Josh or Al for Paul.... Would you? And remember this, if every team thinks the same about Al that most of the posters on here think, Al will be the one traded because of his value and potential.

I would trade Josh or Al for Paul.... Would you? And remember this, if every team thinks the same about Al that most of the posters on here think, Al will be the one traded because of his value and potential.

I would trade Josh for Chris Paul in about a nano second. Seriously I don't think twice about it and I would sort the roster out after the fact. With Al Jefferson I don't know. It is kind of duplicating ourselves as Horford probably still has to guard opposing Centers. I am intrigued with Jefferson's back to the basket game on offense but still the Hawks have more problems defensively.

Also to go a step further, In my opinion if it comes down to Horford or Smith then I trade Smith every time. Horford is a proven winner with an excellent basketball IQ. Smith has all of the potential in the world but has shown a complete unwillingness to recognize his strengths and weaknesses. I am afraid that he will never completely fulfill his potential. I know that might not be a popular opinion but it is mine. Still I am not just trading him for anyone. The fact that Chris Paul is always the first name that pops in my head shows how much I think of Smith.

Why do you dislike Josh so much?

Here's why........

1) He only plays hard when he "feels like it"

2) He a whiney cry baby

3) He's lazy and rarely boxes out for rebounds

4) He's immature and plays lousy on the road with no friends and family around

5) He thinks he's fouled EVERY TIME he drives the hoop

6) He walks back on 'D'

7) He doesn't realize his own limitations

8) He easily gets taken off his game by the opposition or the ref's

9) He has a lot of natural ability, but wastes most of it

10) He doesn't play with his head.

• Like 1

Horford's rookie contract does not allow the $$$$ to work out.

The only reason they trade Paul is to get rid of Okafor's contract. In order to do that we have to come up with about $26 mill in contracts to make it work.

Crawford, Teague, & Smoove do that and Crawford's expiring deal saves their owner about $40 mill over the next 4 years that he would be paying to Okafor.

Horford's rookie contract does not allow the $$$$ to work out.

The only reason they trade Paul is to get rid of Okafor's contract. In order to do that we have to come up with about $26 mill in contracts to make it work.

Crawford, Teague, & Smoove do that and Crawford's expiring deal saves their owner about $40 mill over the next 4 years that he would be paying to Okafor.

Great points but I think if New Orleans believes in Al as a long term option( which they would) they would just have Atlanta do a sign and trade. You can sign any player to a desired contract and then trade him I believe!!

Here's why........

1) He only plays hard when he "feels like it"

2) He a whiney cry baby

3) He's lazy and rarely boxes out for rebounds

4) He's immature and plays lousy on the road with no friends and family around

5) He thinks he's fouled EVERY TIME he drives the hoop

6) He walks back on 'D'

7) He doesn't realize his own limitations

8) He easily gets taken off his game by the opposition or the ref's

9) He has a lot of natural ability, but wastes most of it

10) He doesn't play with his head.

Well, until they get another premiere player(Not just a power forward) your frustrations will unfortunately continue. I'm just glad you are not in charge of trading Josh, because we might only get two bottles of soda and a moon pie...........Go Hawks!!!!!

Great points but I think if New Orleans believes in Al as a long term option( which they would) they would just have Atlanta do a sign and trade. You can sign any player to a desired contract and then trade him I believe!!

You cannot sign a player to a larger contract and then trade him. He could sign an extension but that wouldn't change his cap number for this year.

Unless we included Zaza or Bibby (and neither would save the Hornets money, plus we need Zaza, so that won't happen) then it would have to be Smith that is traded.

The rumored offer of Josh/Jamal for Paul/Okafor is the perfect trade for us since Horford and Okafor could be interchanged between the 4-5 and both are natural front court players.

• Like 1

You cannot sign a player to a larger contract and then trade him. He could sign an extension but that wouldn't change his cap number for this year.

Unless we included Zaza or Bibby (and neither would save the Hornets money, plus we need Zaza, so that won't happen) then it would have to be Smith that is traded.

The rumored offer of Josh/Jamal for Paul/Okafor is the perfect trade for us since Horford and Okafor could be interchanged between the 4-5 and both are natural front court players.

I'm not disagreeing with you because I really don't know. But are you saying that OKC can't trade Durant with his new contract? I only ask because he and Al were in the same draft and Al could resign just like him right?

• Like 1

+1

I'm not disagreeing with you because I really don't know. But are you saying that OKC can't trade Durant with his new contract? I only ask because he and Al were in the same draft and Al could resign just like him right?

I'm not saying that they can't trade Durant, I'm saying that Durant's salary for this year and next year are still the same as before he signed the extension and after that year then his salary jumps to what they agreed to in the extension.

Brandon Roy also signed an extension after his 3rd year in the league and it's the same as if the Blazers traded him. Right now they would have to use his salary for this year (3.9 million), which is the last of his rookie contract, and then next year his extension kicks in and his salary jumps to (13.5 million).

For us even if we signed Horford to a maximum extension like Durant did his salary for this year and next year would remain the same since he is under contract during those years.

I'm not saying that they can't trade Durant, I'm saying that Durant's salary for this year and next year are still the same as before he signed the extension and after that year then his salary jumps to what they agreed to in the extension.

Brandon Roy also signed an extension after his 3rd year in the league and it's the same as if the Blazers traded him. Right now they would have to use his salary for this year (3.9 million), which is the last of his rookie contract, and then next year his extension kicks in and his salary jumps to (13.5 million).

For us even if we signed Horford to a maximum extension like Durant did his salary for this year and next year would remain the same since he is under contract during those years.

Wow.....I didn't know that. So really that 5yr/85 won't kick until his rookie contract is up!!!! That"s sucks...........