• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks would only move Smoove for star PF

Chaze

NBA reporter David Aldridge writes that the Hawks "would only contemplate moving [Josh] Smith for a major, star player at power forward."

The Hawks probably prefer more size and back-to-the-basket skills at the PF spot, but the odds of Smith being traded seem fairly low. This also doesn't mesh with the idea of Shaq playing center and Al Horford sliding to PF -- quite reasonably, Alddridge writes that "the Hawks also do not want to mess too much with a team that won 53 games in the regular season."

Source: NBA.com

link:Josh Smith for a star pf

With this being said wat star PF would yall want??

Edited by Chaze
  • Like 1

Guest Squawker

Smoove is already a star at the PF spot IMO. Not an extreme star like Bosch but an all-star for sure and top 10 PF in the league.

• Premium Member

Jefferson for Smoove??

I gotta say I would think about it long and hard if I was ASG. Our offense would be unstoppable. (Let's not forget we were the third most efficient offense last year). Defense would suffer though. Another thing you gotta consider is that Jefferson can play some center (the guy is almost 7 feet tall) which means Horford would be able to get more PF minutes than he does with Smoove. I think I would do it.

Josh Smith is a star power forward for sure. There isn't a lot of guys around the league I'd want to have instead of him. David Lee or David West are fine players, but I would miss Josh Smith's defensive prowess. End state is I am happy with Josh Smith on this team.

This comment makes zero sense. Why would you trade one of your 2 power forwards for ANOTHER POWER FORWARD???

The fact that the Hawks wouldnt consider trading Josh for a quality C is confusing. Let's add some more 6' 9" guys. ???

Smoove for Boozer? Smoove and Deron Williams would be awesome!

Imagine if we could swing a deal for Williams. I know it would be damn near impossible to keep Smith and acquire Williams, but wow that would be an exciting team with just those two.

In other words folks...... The Hawks are not trading Smoove. Just as I thought so. Smoove have more effect on this team's winnings/losing then JJ does. The way he effect a game with Blocks, Rebs, Steals, Passing and Scoring..... it's hard to find a guy like that in the leage.

It would have to be apart of a major star trade to put Smoove into the trade. His contract is awesome for what you get from him.

• Admin

In other words folks...... The Hawks are not trading Smoove. Just as I thought so. Smoove have more effect on this team's winnings/losing then JJ does. The way he effect a game with Blocks, Rebs, Steals, Passing and Scoring..... it's hard to find a guy like that in the leage.

It would have to be apart of a major star trade to put Smoove into the trade. His contract is awesome for what you get from him.

Losing JJ would have had a bigger impact on this team.

That being said .... trading Smith for another PF does not make sense.... trading him for a center or PG that would make a difference to the team is a whole different situation.

His value is at its highest and the fact that we have two all star caliber PFs on our roster makes him tradable. However, it would have to be for someone(s) who will help add to our win column.

Smoove for Boozer? Smoove and Deron Williams would be awesome together in Utah!

Oh God I'd love to see how Jerry Sloan would handle Josh strolling back up the court during those times when he is pouting. But yeah other than that he'd be pretty awesome with Deron ... although he'd look a lot more awesome with Chris Paul throwing him alley oops here in Atlanta!

• Admin

Oh God I'd love to see how Jerry Sloan would handle Josh strolling back up the court during those times when he is pouting. But yeah other than that he'd be pretty awesome with Deron ... although he'd look a lot more awesome with Chris Paul throwing him alley oops here in Atlanta!

I think it will cost us Smith to get Paul though

Jefferson for Smoove??

I gotta say I would think about it long and hard if I was ASG. Our offense would be unstoppable. (Let's not forget we were the third most efficient offense last year). Defense would suffer though. Another thing you gotta consider is that Jefferson can play some center (the guy is almost 7 feet tall) which means Horford would be able to get more PF minutes than he does with Smoove. I think I would do it.

We are a running team, Al Jefferson is a half court player. Al Jefferson makes our defensive problems even worse without the weakside shot blocking of Smoove.

That's a joke of a move.

I want a star PG with a starting caliber center............

Josh Smith is a formidable trade asset. Why would he be traded for another PF? I would plan to keep Josh.

The most valuable positions are Center and Point Guard. Under special circumstances, teams will trade an equal-valued PG or C for a PF. That doesn't happen very often. If Sund can find such a team, then he should make the deal. Other wise, forget the Josh trade.

This comment makes zero sense. Why would you trade one of your 2 power forwards for ANOTHER POWER FORWARD???

The fact that the Hawks wouldnt consider trading Josh for a quality C is confusing. Let's add some more 6' 9" guys. ???

Because Horford is not a Power forward on this team, he is a center! Al needs to understand that and stop causing so much drama. I'm not saying he should not look to be what he thinks he should be in this league, just don't cause a stir on your team. I would love to see Horford stay our center, but I think he will leave to pursue his dream of playing Power forward elsewhere!!

Because Horford is not a Power forward on this team, he is a center! Al needs to understand that and stop causing so much drama. I'm not saying he should not look to be what he thinks he should be in this league, just don't cause a stir on your team. I would love to see Horford stay our center, but I think he will leave to pursue his dream of playing Power forward elsewhere!!

It's not his "dream:..it's his natural position. Al is barely 6'9" if that. He played PF all throughout college.

He just wants to play the position that suits him the best and that's PF. He isn't causing a "stir" and has

done everything the team has asked of him so far.

Just trade the "eternal special project" named Josh Smith and let him be another team's headache.

Get a decent C in here and move Al to the PF and watch how much better a team we become.

• Like 1

What David Aldridge says on NBA TV is far from fact.

It's not his "dream:..it's his natural position. Al is barely 6'9" if that. He played PF all throughout college.

He just wants to play the position that suits him the best and that's PF. He isn't causing a "stir" and has

done everything the team has asked of him so far.

Just trade the "eternal special project" named Josh Smith and let him be another team's headache.

Get a decent C in here and move Al to the PF and watch how much better a team we become.

I agree that in the NBA Horford is a better PF then C if paired with a top 10 center then with Smoove. The complication is that Horford is a top 10 center himself but it is evident the Hawks need a bigger player to wrestle with Howard in a 7 game series.

I thought Noah played PF and Horford played Center at Florida. I remember Horford being the 1 matched up vs. Oden in the Championship game. I remember Horford being the 1 with the better post game and offensive polish so he would draw the toughest post defender too.

I'd love the Crawford/ Smoove / Teague / 1st FOR Paul / Okafor deal.

That is a good deal that saves the Hornets money and brings in fan friendly talent if the current owner cannot sale. Paul is very unhappy with the current ownership there.

The Shaq signing would be great for this team It would allow Horford to have a heavy weight to shere the load with. Shaq off the bench for 22 minutes a night would be great for this undersized team.

Edited by coachx