• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now Lebron is In Miami, Atl needs to trade to contend

DJKadafi

Now the The new BIG 3 Lebron, Chris & Wade are now playing together. Atl need to sacrifice our young players to make some major trades. What players we should trade for to have our BIG 3?

No. You don't make knee-jerk reactionary moves based on this or on what any other team might do. You proceed with the plan regardless of what anyone else is doing.

• Like 2

No. You don't make knee-jerk reactionary moves based on this or on what any other team might do. You proceed with the plan regardless of what anyone else is doing.

That is the problem. What is the plan? To stay content with one-and-done's?

I strongly disagree.

That's why the mavs can't win anything - they don't stick to a plan.

Same thing happened in cleveland.

And btw yeah chris paul would be nice BUT it takes two teams to consumate a trade. Easier said on a message board than done in real life.

• Like 1

Now the The new BIG 3 Lebron, Chris & Wade are now playing together. Atl need to sacrifice our young players to make some major trades. What players we should trade for to have our BIG 3?

All we need is a true center and to bring Chillz back. We can also let Jordan dunk on Lebron 4-8 times a year now.

• Like 2

There are really no trades that we could realistically pull off that would make us better that that team. The Heat are better than us over night; that is something we have to accept.

We are now the third best team in our division.

• Like 1

There are really no trades that we could realistically pull off that would make us better that that team. The Heat are better than us over night; that is something we have to accept.

We are now the third best team in our division.

Are you serious, third best team? Little grasshopper you have plenty to learn....

We might as well pack in the season........... Who needs enemies with fans like this?

We actually match up well against these 3 guys.... now the thing they have to do is find a Rajon Rondo and a Perkins.... Even this doesn't give them a title, remember the Redskins did this a couple years back to sign all these big name free agents and were horrible.... They are still paying for those moves.

All we need is a bench and to push Marvin - either to get better or to the bench - period.

I am looking forward to this match up. HORFORD and SMITH is going to go slap off!

• Like 1

Well I'm not sure what the plan is. That's up to the ASG, Rick Sund, and Larry Drew to come up with. But part of the plan should be to not get all crazy based on the moves that other teams are making. This team is young and improving and in my opinion stability and slow and natural growth can often be the best move of all.

I remember when Ted Turner owned the Braves. He was the KING of reactionary moves, and he was locked in that death struggle every season with the LA Dodgers. So when the Dodgers traded for Rick Honeycutt, who was one of the best young pitchers in the AL at that time, Ted got all crazy and determined not to be outdone by his enemies in Los Angeles, he offered a king's ransom for Len Barker, which turned out to be one of the worst trades in Atlanta Braves history. Barker was the epitome of mediocrity throughout his career, but he'd pitched a perfect game the year before and Ted became blinded by that and just blundered terribly and the Braves of the '80s never really recovered from that move.

So I'm not a fan of the knee-jerk moves based on what anyone else might be doing. You stick with what you're doing, and let the rest figure itself out.

• Premium Member

I know we're Hawks fans, but let's be realistic about this. If the Hawks return with virtually the same team next year (even with a new offensive philosophy), it's going to be a problem. Contrary to popular belief, getting whooped in the playoffs was not all Woody's fault. It's foolish to think that. The roster has issues that need to be addressed if they want to contend in a ever stronger Eastern Conference.

• Like 1

Well sometimes it helps put pressure on the Hawks to better themselves now that our rival just got better and is clearly a better team than the Hawks.Sitting and doing nothing won't improve gate attendance or make us better. This team has been together long enough and has shown it doesn't have the pieces to go all the way.

Are you serious, third best team? Little grasshopper you have plenty to learn....

We might as well pack in the season........... Who needs enemies with fans like this?

We actually match up well against these 3 guys.... now the thing they have to do is find a Rajon Rondo and a Perkins.... Even this doesn't give them a title, remember the Redskins did this a couple years back to sign all these big name free agents and were horrible.... They are still paying for those moves.

All we need is a bench and to push Marvin - either to get better or to the bench - period.

I am looking forward to this match up. HORFORD and SMITH is going to go slap off!

Be Realistic do you honestly think we will be better than Miami or the Heat? You got to be kidding me.

Edited by AliznotaCenter

if the Hawks DONT MAKE A SERIOUS MOVE I WILL BE ON THE HEAT BANDWAGON FOLLOW WITH ME IF THE HAWKS DONT GET ANOTHER SERIOUS PLAYER ON THIS ROSTER. CHRIS PAUL OR WHAT HAVE YOU. you know its gonna be a long 5-10 years if you dont.

Two words - get out

If you feel that strongly about the matter don't post on a hawks forum.

Our only hope to be a significant contender is to upgrade the SF position. Forget the center, it's not going to happen and it's not like the Heat have a great center, it's only Dwight we worry about but so do they. Our PF/C duo is good enough. Since we don't have a superstar we need a SF that will contribute. So either we do a trade for one or we sign someone like Josh Howard or TMac and hope they step up.

Trades: Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Tayshun Prince, Hedu

Free Agents: Matt Barnes, Josh Howard, Tracy McGrady, Al Harrington,Jerry Stackhouse, Kurt Thomas,

Udonis Haslem & Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Atlanta cannot wait 2-3 years to compete for a championship. Theres a chance that the owners are looking to sell the team in the future because they wouldnt resigned Joe Johnson.