Big Z vs. Shaq

Kimsey

These are the last two free agents that is capable of becoming a significant rotation player at the 5. I think Sund goes after Ilgauskas because he had interest in atlanta previously and it allows the line up of

Ilgauskas - good shooter

Horford - good mid range shooter

Smith - slasher and post up

Johnson - good shooter

Crawford- shooter and slasher

for longer stretches and when they need extra size against the lakers and magic of the league. Horford's quote that they needed to bring a big to help him and smoove(unintentional zaza diss) only solidifes my belief that BIG Z is the preference.

And with that mindset, we won't get past whomever in the 2nd round, because we decided to take the less talented player.

This team needs a guy who will mix it up in the paint on both ends . . . not an inefficient shooting pick and pop guy.

While both guys were great defensively last year in Cleveland, Shaq is by far the better offensive player. Big Z shot terrible last year, while Shaq was stll a very efficient bruiser on the inside.

Shaq put up better PER 36 numbers than Horford did last year. Shaq is the better player, and the bigger box office draw.

If The ASG, Sund, and Drew are "afraid" of Shaq's personality . . it simply means that this organization and the fans aren't ready to compete for a spot in the NBA Finals yet.

• Like 1

I vote Big Z!

If we can sign:

Jarvis Hayes

Earl Barron

Big Z

I think we are more than competitive enough to make a run.... Miami doesn't scare me, the Chicago Bulls are quietly putting together a power house up there.

Miami's Justice league or Superfriends which ever you wanna call them will be a little too uncomfortable.... It will go a little something like this come start of the season:

#3: you shoot the ball

#1: no, you shoot it.

#6: Too nice, this is your team... you shoot it.

#3: you sure?

#1: I'll shoot it.

#6: No I'll shoot it.

#3: this is Wade County, I get all the shots here.

#6: If it wasn't for me you'd be in Chicago, so this our team

#1: Guys I'm just happy I didn't have to go to Houston.

Ref: (whistle blows) shot clock violation.....

• Premium Member

And with that mindset, we won't get past whomever in the 2nd round, because we decided to take the less talented player.

This team needs a guy who will mix it up in the paint on both ends . . . not an inefficient shooting pick and pop guy.

While both guys were great defensively last year in Cleveland, Shaq is by far the better offensive player. Big Z shot terrible last year, while Shaq was stll a very efficient bruiser on the inside.

Shaq put up better PER 36 numbers than Horford did last year. Shaq is the better player, and the bigger box office draw.

If The ASG, Sund, and Drew are "afraid" of Shaq's personality . . it simply means that this organization and the fans aren't ready to compete for a spot in the NBA Finals yet.

Spot on!

Why in the hell would we want Big Z? He is done for. Get Shaq!!!

Shaq done too. But even Zydrunas or Shaq can be useful just need a good, real coach (not like Woody or Mike Brown). In the best years in Cleveland Big Z was very useful, but not useful for full 100% because coaches were catastrophics. But even at age 35, Big Z can be useful just need to use his very good mid range shooting or 3PT shooting. Remember game in Sacramento back in 2009 December, Ilgauskas just killed Kings in overtime with 3 PT in a row and from same spot in the corner!!!

Forget Ilgauskas, Z said if LeTravel leaves he will just retire. He said he is happy with his accomplishments. But also he was not happy with that 10-14 playing time minutes last season. But I don't think that Zydrunas will play for another team. His heart and soul are in Cleveland and he will be thankful for Cleveland organization for ages.

Shaq can't guard no howard, howard is getting better and shaq is getting worse fast. He gets abused more times than not in this league. He plays nearly all of his minutes with james, Big Z plays his minutes with the likes of jawad williams, bobbie gibson, jamario moon, etc. When shaq abruptly transforms in to jason collins v2.0 don't be surprised.

With that said they are both decrepit and I would welcome shaq to atlanta if he would indeed agree.

Edited by Kimsey

...Forget Ilgauskas, Z said if LeTravel leaves he will just retire. He said he is happy with his accomplishments. But also he was not happy with that 10-14 playing time minutes last season. But I don't think that Zydrunas will play for another team. His heart and soul are in Cleveland and he will be thankful for Cleveland organization for ages.

This makes sense to me suiluap. While I doubt he will actually retire (when there is money to be made)...I would not be surprised at all if he quickly becomes - what we used to say about some old navy guys - "retired on active duty"...or...just cashing checks.

I wouldn't trust the guy to put in the work at this stage in his career. The talk about not being happy with reduced playing time was likely just a bit of marketing. He would likely be happy as heck to jog around for 10-15 mins for $5 million.

I don't want any of Clevelands junk - Mo, Z or Shaq, they couldn't win with the" best" player in the NBA on their team....I might have an interest in Anderson Varejoa though...he rebounds and plays defense and he loves to take a charge (no one on the Hawks do)