• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What player(s) are Hawks targeting?

PaceRam

I keep reading about the Hawks might be after Shaq, Chris Paul, Udonis Haslem, etc but can anyone give any information on any player(s) the Hawks have actually approached with an interest in signing or trading for? Luckily for the Hawks I think they have a pretty good core of players on their roster and they probably are looking at only adding a player or two before the start of next season so I do think they are in pretty good shape right now.

• Premium Member

I keep reading about the Hawks might be after Shaq, Chris Paul, Udonis Haslem, etc but can anyone give any information on any player(s) the Hawks have actually approached with an interest in signing or trading for? Luckily for the Hawks I think they have a pretty good core of players on their roster and they probably are looking at only adding a player or two before the start of next season so I do think they are in pretty good shape right now.

I think the only player that comes in will be Big Z. He is a big body that clogs the lane pretty good and rebounds. A 7-3 player that can help the team off the bench.

I would say the chance of Shaq coming to the Hawks at about 30%. I would rather have Shaq but just dont see it happening.

I think the only player that comes in will be Big Z. He is a big body that clogs the lane pretty good and rebounds. A 7-3 player that can help the team off the bench.

I would say the chance of Shaq coming to the Hawks at about 30%. I would rather have Shaq but just dont see it happening.

Why not? I'd like your opinion.

• Premium Member

Why not? I'd like your opinion.

It has been stated that Shaq wants more than the MLE and if Atlanta does that they get into the luxury tax situation and IMO I don't see the Hawks management doing that for a 38 year old BU center. Don't get me wrong here, I would love to see Shaq here and they would be some negatives but the positives would outweigh the negatives.

That's just my .02 and if you look back over the past few summers we have not brought in any big names. Golden State basically gave us Crawford last year.

Edited by Vol4ever

It has been stated that Shaq wants more than the MLE and if Atlanta does that they get into the luxury tax situation and IMO I don't see the Hawks management doing that for a 38 year old BU center. Don't get me wrong here, I would love to see Shaq here and they would be some negatives but the positives would outweigh the negatives.

That's just my .02 and if you look back over the past few summers we have not brought in any big names. Golden State basically gave us Crawford last year.

I don't know the bottom line implications of what the luxury tax would do to the team are. But when you think of the extra revenue that would be brought in by Shaq in the form of extra ticket sales(he may be mostly washed up, but he is a hall of fame player and still a huge presence), jersey sales and even potentially a further playoff run, you have to seriously consider paying the guy.

I have heard the Hawks are focusing on big men for the final three spots, so among them will likely be Shaq, Big Z, and Brad Miller along with maybe Udonis Haslem and some others that could be mentioned. It wouldn't surprise me if they keep Randolph Morris around as the 13th player on the roster. He's playing in the summer league, and my guess is, they have seen something they like in him.

Haslem is staying in Miami. You won't hear the exact details any time soon, but he and Miller are the reason the Trio took less money.

I find that really odd if they did do that. Him and Bosh play the same position. Would they take less money for someone who's going to play behind one of the Miami Three AmEGOS? Or do they plan to put both Haslem and Bosh at the starting 5? If so, they would be really small in the frontcourt.

Haslem want to win and basically entrench himself in Miami. He already got his money with his last contract. Outside of Big Z expect to us to bring back Collins and add someone from the SL Rosters if they impress. There won't be much of an overhaul of talent. One thing that did piss me off today. Nets sign Petro to backup Lopez for 3 years/$10M. That is an absolute steal for a shot blocking big man.He would have been ideal for us.

It looks to me like their throwing all their eggs into one basket. I know it;s early in Free Agency, but all the good players are signed and this team is going to end up with trash like Joe Smith if they keep waiting around and doing nothing like they have been doing so far. Some sense of urgency wouldn't be a bad thing. It seems like these guys are always waiting for everyone else to sign all the players and they end up with the vets nobody wants anymore.... Like Joe Smith. He would have been out of the league last year if the Hawks didn't sign him.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I have heard the Hawks are focusing on big men for the final three spots, so among them will likely be Shaq, Big Z, and Brad Miller along with maybe Udonis Haslem and some others that could be mentioned. It wouldn't surprise me if they keep Randolph Morris around as the 13th player on the roster. He's playing in the summer league, and my guess is, they have seen something they like in him.

I don't think Morris is all that terrible. Yeah, he would not look great if given big minutes, but for the 13th spot he works just fine.

The thing that still looks shoddy is the PG spot. Bibby needs to go if possible. He no longer brings anything to the team. His playmaking skills and scoring are at career lows. I didn't expect him to take such a hard fall last year. It seemed like his production was HALF of what it was the year before last.

Out of the those guys listed, Shaq is the best option talent wise. I think Big Z is pretty much done and Brad Miller doesn't really help at this point.

The biggest move will probably come from whatever the Hawks do with Childress.

• Like 1