• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you rather have running PG?

JTB

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We already have Bibby and Teague on the roster and at the time our Hawks are in good position to get Monte Ellis or Mo Williams, so it is possible that we may get one of them! There are rumors from the Cavs and Warriors that they both are intrested in our SF's Williams and Childress. With that said obtaining either Monte Ellis or Mo williams shouldnt be that hard. Being that LBJ is now a Heat player its not surprising that Mo Williams wants out or has probably shown some type of grief to leave. As for Monte and the Warriors, with the emergence of young Curry im pretty sure they want to rid Ellis.

I say none of them trade Josh for Steve Nash and Grant Hill and then trade Marvin for Shaq and then we can use our Mle for a backup PF banger because no one on the poll is actually an effective nba PG at this point

Shaq/Zaza

Al/

G.Hill/Barnes

Joe/Crawford

Nash/Teague

Teague. We need to develop a PG and I think Teague is it. Lets get our own rising star for a change.

He needs to work on his jumper, but he can penetrate, plays good D and is extremely athletic.

I like the kid. With some extended playing time I think he can blossom into a star.

I guess there is just something about "homerism" that isn't in me. I want the 2010-11 Atlanta Hawks to go 82-0 and sweep their way to a title just like everyone else that is a Hawks fan does. With that said, Jeff Teague, IMO, is not an NBA player and certainly is not a starting PG in this league. I have seen absolutely ZERO from Teague that leads me to believe he is NBA quality.

Now I do not dislike Teague or his demeanor the way I do Joe Johnson. I see Teague full of excitement on the court and when he is cheering on teammates from the bench. I see hustle and heart from the kid. Unfortunately I also see a kid out there doing his best but his best just isn't any good.

I honestly hope Teague proves me wrong. I hope he shows out in the Summer League and greatly improves his game. However it amazes me to see those wanting him in the starting lineup just because he's a young PG that plays for the Hawks.

• Like 1

I guess there is just something about "homerism" that isn't in me. I want the 2010-11 Atlanta Hawks to go 82-0 and sweep their way to a title just like everyone else that is a Hawks fan does. With that said, Jeff Teague, IMO, is not an NBA player and certainly is not a starting PG in this league. I have seen absolutely ZERO from Teague that leads me to believe he is NBA quality.

Now I do not dislike Teague or his demeanor the way I do Joe Johnson. I see Teague full of excitement on the court and when he is cheering on teammates from the bench. I see hustle and heart from the kid. Unfortunately I also see a kid out there doing his best but his best just isn't any good.

I honestly hope Teague proves me wrong. I hope he shows out in the Summer League and greatly improves his game. However it amazes me to see those wanting him in the starting lineup just because he's a young PG that plays for the Hawks.

He was a rookie that hardly got any minutes. Sample size much?

He was a rookie that hardly got any minutes. Sample size much?

I wasn't talking about his ability while he was sitting on the bench. I was talking about his ability while he was in the game. Ugly jump shot. Too many times I saw him drive to the basket and not have a clue about what to do once he got there. A couple of times I saw hit the bottom of the rim on an attempted layup.

I'm not a scout but maybe these are the things you all are seeing and these "deficiencies" (IMO) are a sure sign of greatness to come. I don't know.

• Like 1

I wasn't talking about his ability while he was sitting on the bench. I was talking about his ability while he was in the game. Ugly jump shot. Too many times I saw him drive to the basket and not have a clue about what to do once he got there. A couple of times I saw hit the bottom of the rim on an attempted layup.

I'm not a scout but maybe these are the things you all are seeing and these "deficiencies" (IMO) are a sure sign of greatness to come. I don't know.

Basketball (Like any other sport) can be very tough when not being involved in the action. Practice is not the same as in game play.

You saw his stats in that one game where he played the full 48 minutes. He's a little raw but I believe he can develop nicely.

I say stick with Bibby and Teague, I at least know that they helped us to 53 wins...Monta puts up good numbers on a bad team (he won't have that many shots here), he is not a PG- cannot run an offense and has too many turnovers, Mo dissappears in the playoffs...JJ already does :laugh: dont need two starters doing that and besides Mo's contract is horrible.