• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We gotta shake a leg

bigjmw84

We need to pick up two big bodies asap. It doesnt even have to be Shaq.

Anthony Tolliver 6-10 243- Isnt exactly the best defender, but is relentless on the boards, runs the floor well, and can score in limited time (12pts 7reb)

DJ Mbenga 7-0 255 -Phill Jackson has praised him for his relentless motor, rebounding,and high-level defense without fouling out.(A huge upgrade over Collins)

PG:Teague/Bibby

SG:JJ/JC/JC2

SF:Williams/Smith/Evans

PF:Smith/Tolliver/Horford/Aminu

C: Horford/Zaza/Mbenga

• Premium Member

i don't think it's happening. Sund has already given the fans what they wanted in form of a new coach. Anything else would be admitting that the old coach was NOT the real root cause.

Only after this upcoming post season, where it's a given that our beloved 'core group of guys' get their heads bashed in by Orlando and friends, will we see some new faces.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

We need to pick up two big bodies asap. It doesnt even have to be Shaq.

Anthony Tolliver 6-10 243- Isnt exactly the best defender, but is relentless on the boards, runs the floor well, and can score in limited time (12pts 7reb)

DJ Mbenga 7-0 255 -Phill Jackson has praised him for his relentless motor, rebounding,and high-level defense without fouling out.(A huge upgrade over Collins)

PG:Teague/Bibby

SG:JJ/JC/JC2

SF:Williams/Smith/Evans

PF:Smith/Tolliver/Horford/Aminu

C: Horford/Zaza/Mbenga

:sobbing: Jason Collins over Mbenga! What a shame!

How viable an option is Mbenga? I dont really know much about him or his game but only remember that I always see him at the end of the bench in both LA and Dallas. If he is praised that much, why dont we see him getting more PT in a role like Brown/Vujacic had behind Fisher, behind the oft-injured Bynum???

How viable an option is Mbenga? I dont really know much about him or his game but only remember that I always see him at the end of the bench in both LA and Dallas. If he is praised that much, why dont we see him getting more PT in a role like Brown/Vujacic had behind Fisher, behind the oft-injured Bynum???

Bynum, Gasol, and Odom were the reasons he didnt get much PT, but he is a good defender with a reliable10-12 footer

i don't think it's happening. Sund has already given the fans what they wanted in form of a new coach. Anything else would be admitting that the old coach was NOT the real root cause.

Only after this upcoming post season, where it's a given that our beloved 'core group of guys' get their heads bashed in by Orlando and friends, will we see some new faces.

New coach or not, it was obvious are bench players were nott that good. If we just upgrade our frontcourt depth with more than just bodies(Morris/Collins), we will be much improved with the new motion offense. This can happen without trading anybody. Depending on how we look in the new offense, I could see a player or two getting dealt for somebody significant at the trading deadline.

Wow, completely forgot about the big man from Congo. He definitely is someone I would like the Hawks to pursue. Positive attitude, good work ethic, a big body who is a reliable defender. He puts in reasonable numbers when given the chance. I know it's a small sampling...but DJ started 2 games early season last year when both Pau Gasol and Bynum were hurt. In those games, he averaged 7.5 ppg, 12.5 rpg, and 4.0 bpg. Plus he'll probably come cheap. Seems like a perfect fit to me.