• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can these superpower bball teams PLEASE stay out of our division?

TheDude

Of course CP3 would like Orlando the most, who wouldn't like to play with a top 3 player who is a center but they do not have the pieces we have to entice Orlando like we do. We can get CP3, sign Shaq and we have a lineup that can beat every team in the NBA, regular and post.

CP3/Teague

Joe/Jordan C./West

Marvin/Evans

Horford/Powell

Shaq/Okafor/Zaza/Collins

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Of course CP3 would like Orlando the most, who wouldn't like to play with a top 3 player who is a center but they do not have the pieces we have to entice Orlando like we do. We can get CP3, sign Shaq and we have a lineup that can beat every team in the NBA, regular and post.

CP3/Teague

Joe/Jordan C./West

Marvin/Evans

Horford/Powell

Shaq/Okafor/Zaza/Collins

Orlando has the pieces CP3 wants to play with, and do not count their trade assets and talent short with:

Ryan Anderson

Brandon Bass

Marcin Gortat

Jameer Nelson

Michael Pietrus

Draft picks, Quenton Richardson and Stanley Robinson

New Orleans could get young and talented in a hurry dealing with Orlando and that is what their owner has stated is his primary goal. There is a lot to be said for staying in the draft and making good picks. ASG should get a clue.

Edited by Buzzard

Orlando has the pieces CP3 wants to play with, and do not count their trade assets and talent short with:

Ryan Anderson

Brandon Bass

Marcin Gortat

Jameer Nelson

Michael Pietrus

Draft picks, Quenton Richardson and Stanley Robinson

New Orleans could get young and talented in a hurry dealing with Orlando and that is what their owner has stated is his primary goal. There is a lot to be said for staying in the draft and making good picks. ASG should get a clue.

I hate to disagree, but I do.

Del Demps is not going to deal Chris Paul to Orlando for Jameer Nelson and filler, which is what every other player you listed there is. Orlando absolutely cannot match a package of Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby, and draft picks in a deal for Chris Paul, and if Chris wasn't getting bad advice from LeBron's management group, he would welcome a move to the Hawks.

The other team mentioned by "sources", which I'm going to assume is TRMR, is the Knicks, and they certainly don't have anything they can deal that would attract the Hornets.

Del Demps is not going to deal Chris Paul to Orlando for Jameer Nelson and filler, which is what every other player you listed there is. Orlando absolutely cannot match a package of Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby, and draft picks in a deal for Chris Paul, and if Chris wasn't getting bad advice from LeBron's management group, he would welcome a move to the Hawks.

The other team mentioned by "sources", which I'm going to assume is TRMR, is the Knicks, and they certainly don't have anything they can deal that would attract the Hornets.

Thank you. I have said all along that Atlanta can offer N.O. a more attractive package than any of his "wish list" teams. I'm starting to believe that these NBA players are more interested in going to a sexy market than going to a solid basketball team. I laugh at what the New York Knicks would try to send New Orleans in a deal. Galanari, Tony Douglas, Wilson Chandler? No thanks...

Thank you. I have said all along that Atlanta can offer N.O. a more attractive package than any of his "wish list" teams. I'm starting to believe that these NBA players are more interested in going to a sexy market than going to a solid basketball team. I laugh at what the New York Knicks would try to send New Orleans in a deal. Galanari, Tony Douglas, Wilson Chandler? No thanks...

Remember this though. Chris Paul fired his former management group not to long ago and hired the group that has been representing LeBron James. This group's sole interest is to get their players into a big market. That's it. That's the only reason the Knicks are even mentioned in conjunction with Chris Paul. Del Demps would laugh in Donnie Walsh's face if he came up with an offer of Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler, and Danilo Galinari for Chris Paul.

Atlanta is a much bigger market than Orlando and is build upon star power like LA. Remember when Vick was here, you couldn't get a ticket if you wanted one.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

The 1st thing that is missing from your opinion IMO is the fact that he does not want big contracts back. Crawford is valuable with his expiring but Smoove and Bibby will not help him with theirs. Gortat and Bass is highly thought of by at least one other team (Dallas) that is pretty good at evalauting talent.

The Hornets need a center and small forward if Okafor is traded with Paul. We do not have those pieces at prices as favorable or a center as talented as Orlando does. That is why I listed their small forwards and big men. What we have is three somewhat expensive players IMO. PF Smoove young, talented but expensive, SF Marvin young and somewhat talented and somewhat expensive, and PG Bibby old and somewhat expensive. We could also include our rookie to help add to the youthfull talent level and short term side of the deal.

It would not surprise me if Orlando got into the bidding mix with NY. I have to agree that the Magic gives Paul a great chance at competing for a championship while they also have comparable young inexpensive talent to include in the deal. Young, talented, and inexpesive is really what I think the Hornets will be looking for in return should a deal take place. But that is just my opinion.

Furthermore the Hornets already have a good PF in West plus up and coming PG and SG in Collision and Thorton. What we seem to be offering is duplicate players in Bibby, Crawford, and Smoove. The team that can send them a young talented and inexpensive center and sf, if a deal goes down, has the best chance IMO.

Edited by Buzzard

Atlanta is a much bigger market than Orlando and is build upon star power like LA. Remember when Vick was here, you couldn't get a ticket if you wanted one.

It is a bigger market but I'm starting to wonder if Atlanta is more attractive than an Orlando. Orlando has better climate, no state tax, and a new arena this year. Not saying they're better but they're definitely more attractive living wise than Atlanta.

It is a bigger market but I'm starting to wonder if Atlanta is more attractive than an Orlando. Orlando has better climate, no state tax, and a new arena this year. Not saying they're better but they're definitely more attractive living wise than Atlanta.

Atlanta- Affluent Black middle and upper class. If you love New Orleans, Atlanta definitely NO pt. 2 with a lot of LA citizens. Love superstars more than winning but would take both. One of the best state for taxes, no Texas or Florida but still. A lot to do for a wealthy African American which is important to a lot of NBA players, especially one with a family like Paul. Soon to be the entertainment hub outside of Hollywood. Ability to play for a top tier championship team that has everything but a center and if we sign Shaq, that will change that. More depth than Miami and more talent than Orlando. Better than LA and any other Western Conference team.

Orlando- Everything you stated. Dwight Howard. more fans going by last year but Atlanta isn't a contender and Orlando is with a SS so I take that with a salt of grain. Better owners. Did not pass up on you for Marvin Williams. Disney World?

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Atlanta- Affluent Black middle and upper class. If you love New Orleans, Atlanta definitely NO pt. 2 with a lot of LA citizens. Love superstars more than winning but would take both. One of the best state for taxes, no Texas or Florida but still. A lot to do for a wealthy African American which is important to a lot of NBA players, especially one with a family like Paul. Soon to be the entertainment hub outside of Hollywood. Ability to play for a top tier championship team that has everything but a center and if we sign Shaq, that will change that. More depth than Miami and more talent than Orlando. Better than LA and any other Western Conference team.

Orlando- Everything you stated. Dwight Howard. more fans going by last year but Atlanta isn't a contender and Orlando is with a SS so I take that with a salt of grain. Better owners. Did not pass up on you for Marvin Williams. Disney World?

No doubt. Atlanta is definitely no Cleveland or Detroit. It is definitely a home court advantage in itself because a lot of visiting team's players hit the club scene while in town. It all depends on the player. If you like social events, nightlife, and celebrity lifestlyle; Atlanta is definitely the place to be. If you prefer golfing, amusement parks, and family outings it may be Orlando..

CP3 is not coming to the hawks, not matter what the hawks can offer. First, it wouldn't be worth it to the hawks as CP3 would likely leave in the end anyways.

But even disregarding that, if the Hornets trade CP3 it would be a cost cutting measure. It would be about dumping CP3s and Okafor's contract.

Why would they trade a guy who can be a MVP candidate making 30 mill over 2 years for a guy making almost 40 mill over 3 years (Smith)? Or 2 guys universally seen as overpaid (Bibby and Williams)?

CP3 is not coming to the hawks, not matter what the hawks can offer. First, it wouldn't be worth it to the hawks as CP3 would likely leave in the end anyways.

But even disregarding that, if the Hornets trade CP3 it would be a cost cutting measure. It would be about dumping CP3s and Okafor's contract.

Why would they trade a guy who can be a MVP candidate making 30 mill over 2 years for a guy making almost 40 mill over 3 years (Smith)? Or 2 guys universally seen as overpaid (Bibby and Williams)?

$37,500,000 for a top 25 player with the potential to be a top 10-15 is an amazing contract. CP3 is demanding to be traded, has been for awhile but now he's public about it. I don't know where ppl think Williams is overpaid outside of HS and some of them would think he's overpaid if it was just for the MLE. As for Bibby, he's overpaid but we can't do nothing about it now. Crawford is owe 10.8, was the 6th man of year and is an expiring. Okafor contract is albatross, taking his contract on is seriously negative value for us. One that makes us not want to trade Crawford but rather Bibby and Evans instead.

I agree man. People who think some combination of Crawford, Marvin, Bibby, and Smoove will get NO to jump are not looking at the Hornets team needs or their owners goal of getting younger, talented, and cheaper talent. Their owner will now have a lineup that consist of these players.

Collison/Bibby

Crawford/Thorton

West/Smoove

The Hornets did not make the playoffs last season. Their goal is not to add expensive veteran depth. If they lose Paul, they will be in the lottery for at least two more seasons. No way is their owner going to pay Bibby, Smoove, West, and extend Collison and Thorton to not get into the playoffs. Craws 10 million will in no way make up for that two year outlook.

I agree man. People who think some combination of Crawford, Marvin, Bibby, and Smoove will get NO to jump are not looking at the Hornets team needs or their owners goal of getting younger, talented, and cheaper talent. Their owner will now have a lineup that consist of these players.

Collison/Bibby

Crawford/Thorton

West/Smoove

The Hornets did not make the playoffs last season. Their goal is not to add expensive veteran depth. If they lose Paul, they will be in the lottery for at least two more seasons. No way is their owner going to pay Bibby, Smoove, West, and extend Collison and Thorton to not get into the playoffs. Craws 10 million will in no way make up for that two year outlook.

I think the fact that is getting ignored is that New Orleans is not going to trade Chris Paul without getting a young star talent in the deal, and of the teams that have been talked about, Atlanta is the only one that can offer a young star player that they can use as a building block for their team in Josh Smith. They aren't going to trade their best player for a bunch of rif raf, which is what Orlando and New York will offer.

Smoove is a better player than West and it's not even that close. I watched a lot of NO games and that was clear. Williams isn't going anywhere. Crawford is an expiring. They will not take on Bibby nor do they have to unless Atlanta gets there way, I don't know why he was mentioned. We already explained the dynamics of the deal in New Orleans and Atlanta cap in another CP3 thread.

I think the fact that is getting ignored is that New Orleans is not going to trade Chris Paul without getting a young star talent in the deal, and of the teams that have been talked about, Atlanta is the only one that can offer a young star player that they can use as a building block for their team in Josh Smith. They aren't going to trade their best player for a bunch of rif raf, which is what Orlando and New York will offer.

I don't know how to respond to this, but I will try. David West is a scoring threat everytime he touches the ball. You seem to think Smoove is the second coming of someone. But even if he is, the Hornets are not going to pay 18 million a year to have two power forwards. Go find a young Center and SF on our team and you have a chance at a deal.

You keep throwing this Smoove info out there as if, 1- the Hornets need a PF, 2- Smoove has made some all-star games and is a marketing dynamo, and 3-David West is not a great value at under 6 million a year. Don't know if you noticed this or not ( I think not) but David West has not been included in any of these Paul trade rumors.

He is not going anywhere KB, and certainly not to the bench to backup Smoove, when the Hornets have so many other pressing postional needs along with wanting monetary releif. IMO you are looking at our roster and seeing what works well; but completely ignoring the Hornets roster and what would work well for them.

I understand the Homer viewpoint on Smoove and Craw being worth CP3, but it is not realistic when you look at the Hornets lineup and overall needs. Not realistic at all IMO.

Edited by Buzzard