• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lorenzen Wright's body found

Vesper

This has nothing to do with your average Jo's filing bankruptcy for $40,00 debt.

People who have earned over $50 million before they turn 35 have no business filing bankruptcy. That was kind of the whole point, ya know ? Yet dozens of x-pro athletes, who should have millions in the bank, go broke every year.

OK X. You really do not know what Lorenzen's situation was, with respect of his finances. We do know his divorce was finalized just last January. We know the Ex is in an upscale home. Perhaps the foreclosures were Lo's way to liquidated. It happens all the time. Especially with a pending divorce. Because he had foreclusures does not mean he didnt have money.

I see it all the time.

Perhaps your rant is relevent for some cases, but it is way premature to stick your views responsibly in this thread concerning Mr. Wright's passing. But I could be wrong.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

OK X. You really do not know what Lorenzen's situation was, with respect of his finances. We do know his divorce was finalized just last January. We know the Ex is in an upscale home. Perhaps the foreclosures were Lo's way to liquidated. It happens all the time. Especially with a pending divorce. Because he had foreclusures does not mean he didnt have money.

I see it all the time.

Perhaps your rant is relevent for some cases, but it is way premature to stick your views responsibly in this thread concerning Mr. Wright's passing. But I could be wrong.

No, you are not wrong. I have not heard Lo was bankrupt and even if he was, so what, that has nothing to do with his murder.

No, you are not wrong. I have not heard Lo was bankrupt and even if he was, so what, that has nothing to do with his murder.

When your hurting for money and are out of a job people make stupid decisions to get money and keep their lifestyle.

What about this ? This stuff was out yesterday. He has some skeletons in his closet.

http://www.abc40.com/Global/story.asp?S=12896398

Court documents show that Wright acknowledged to the FBI that in 2008 he sold two luxury vehicles, a Mercedes sedan and a Cadillac SUV, to Bobby Cole. The affidavits about the business deal don't show if Wright knew that Cole had been indicted in 2007 on drug distribution charges or if they knew each other.

Cole told the FBI he was connected to the organization run by Craig Petties, an accused drug kingpin charged with racketeering and conspiracy in six murders.

In 2008, Cole offered to turn over to Drug Enforcement Administration agents three vehicles he bought with drug money, including a 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV and a 2008 Mercedes Benz S63 that had been registered to Wright.

Wright told agents he had sold two vehicles to Cole and he no longer owned them, although registration records listed the Cadillac in Wright's name and the Mercedes in one of Wright's business investments, Allwright Automotive LLC.

In federal court filings, Lorenzen Wright claimed ownership of the cars and said he didn't know the property was used in a crime. A federal judge entered a default judgment in favor of the government in March 2010 and the vehicles were forfeited and the case closed

Wow ! That case sure did get closed quickly and simply.

Why did he "sale" 2 luxury cars to a drug dealer without signing the tilte over ? Why keep the cars in your name while a drug dealer drives them around ? Perhaps for extra money since he soon lost his 2 homes on bank foreclosures and was out of a job the next season. Perhaps b/c a drug dealer can't let the government know they own to luxury cars while making no legal income.

No telling what information Wright gave the FBI or DEA to keep the IRS off him.....or more importantly, no telling what the "drug kingpin charged with 6 other murders" thought Wright told them.

If Wright had not been hurting for money then he would not have to resort to "leasing / selling" his cars to drug dealers without signing over the title.....either that or he was just made a very stupid decision (for money) right before both his houses were foreclosed on and right before he was out of a job.

None of this looks good for him at all.

99% of murders have something to do with a lover, money, or drugs. This one has all 3 possibilities looming but I believe the first domino to fall were money issues. I

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

^ It's not clear that Lo knew what Bobby Cole did for a living or who he was connected to before he sold those vehicles. What is clear is that Cole's boss knew who he was after the sale. It's possible Lo found out after the money changed hands and tried to work through authorities to nullify the transaction before exchanging the title.

It will be interesting whether this gives credence to ex-Mrs. Wright's story of three armed men showing up at her door looking for her former husband a couple weeks before he returned to Memphis. Whether that story ever got from her or her divorce attorney to the police before finding Lo is questionable. But for all this stuff not to be revealed when selling that whole "We don't know who would ever possibly want to harm Lorenzen!" shpiel when he was "missing" seems a bit fishy.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3