• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Missed the Dwight Howard love....

Diesel

• Premium Member
On whether O’Neal would be a good fit for the Hawks: “I don’t know. I like their lineup now. I know a lot of people get mad and say they’re not big on the inside, but they’re a big team. They’ve got big guards. They’ve got big forwards. They’ve got a flying forward [smith]. So it doesn’t really matter about having a seven-footer.

I wonder if Smoove could get Howard to opt out and come to Atlanta in 2012??

That would be crazy....

If we could move Zaza and Marvin for ending contracts by 2012.... We can outright sign Dwight Howard.

We'd have:

Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, and Doc Rivers as the coach!!!

If we're really skilled, we can get Chris Paul to Opt out too!! and come to Atlanta.

I wonder if Smoove could get Howard to opt out and come to Atlanta in 2012??

That would be crazy....

If we could move Zaza and Marvin for ending contracts by 2012.... We can outright sign Dwight Howard.

We'd have:

Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, and Doc Rivers as the coach!!!

If we're really skilled, we can get Chris Paul to Opt out too!! and come to Atlanta.

Notice he complimented his boy Smoove in that blurb....

I couldn't imagine a team like that...I'm not gonna lie, that made me chub up a little...

• Premium Member

Would that ruin the league?

If there were superteams built in specific places?

Miami: Bosh, Wade, James.

Atlanta: Paul, Johnson, Howard, Smoove.

Chicago: Rose, Boozer, ?

NY: Amare, ?, ?

I think it would kind of suck for a team like Minny who has no stars or N.O. but then again, those teams would get a chance to draft stars. Nobody is mad with Minny's draft last season.

Notice he complimented his boy Smoove in that blurb....

I couldn't imagine a team like that...I'm not gonna lie, that made me chub up a little...

About 2012... We have to start planning it. Right now, we're at 46 Million, we lose 13 Million we'll be at 33 Million with a chance for Howard. Getting Paul would be impossible but it's a nice thought. I guess it depends on a draft pick or two?

And don't forget this quote ...

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/07/30/dwight-howard-opens-up-on-lebron-shaq-and-joshs-wedding-sssh/?cxntlid=sldr_hm

On the belief by some that the Hawks need Shaq to get past Magic: “That’s only four games out of the season. You have to look long term and what’s best for your team. Cleveland got Shaq to match up with the Magic. They also got Antawn Jamison to match up with the Magic. But they didn’t even play the Magic. They played Boston [and lost]. You match up for the league, not just one team.”

Would that ruin the league?

If there were superteams built in specific places?

Miami: Bosh, Wade, James.

Atlanta: Paul, Johnson, Howard, Smoove.

Chicago: Rose, Boozer, ?

NY: Amare, ?, ?

I think it would kind of suck for a team like Minny who has no stars or N.O. but then again, those teams would get a chance to draft stars. Nobody is mad with Minny's draft last season.

About 2012... We have to start planning it. Right now, we're at 46 Million, we lose 13 Million we'll be at 33 Million with a chance for Howard. Getting Paul would be impossible but it's a nice thought. I guess it depends on a draft pick or two?

I don't think it is, or will, ruin the league. Miami has set the bar, now, I see a lot of organizations follwing suit. Likewise, I see a lot of players trying to join forces with other stars, similar to the CP3 rumblings. Paul and Howard would be close to a "superteam". Point is, the way the league is currenly constructed, if it's in the rules to be able to sign a Bosh, Wade, Bron trifecta, then so be it and I'd expect others to follow.

My main concern with "superteams" being constructed, is the geographical location of teams or the historical teams, like Boston, reeling in all the players. Miami, LA, Orlando, NY...that's where they will be formed. Not Philly, ort Milwaukee...or (gulp) Atlanta.

Unlike other moves we've wittnessed, Dwight to ATL would make perfect sense... poetic justice!

I'm sure that he would love the opportunity to play for Hawks and with his buddy Smoove!

Hawks just need to retain contender status and anything is possible...

Eh, I don't see Dwight Howard going here. Orlando has shown that they are willing to spend money, make trades, sign players, etc. and surround Dwight with the right players. They have been a contending team for two years now(about to be three), and unless they stop doing so....I don't see him leaving there. I would love for Dwight to play here in his hometown, but right now....I'm not getting my hopes up.

I will have to see a lot out of Smoove and Dwight before I ever think they will be an effective duo yet alone championship worthy. Dwight just can't play next to a traditional non jumpshooting big because he doesn't know how to pass out of a doubleteam or out the post period. It's why the Magic are spending our entire payroll on jumpshooters to surround him and he is still amongst league leaders in turnovers. If Dwight is ever to wear a Hawk uni it's gonna be with Smoove off the team or shooting like Nowitzki in 2012.

My main concern with "superteams" being constructed, is the geographical location of teams or the historical teams, like Boston, reeling in all the players. Miami, LA, Orlando, NY...that's where they will be formed. Not Philly, ort Milwaukee...or (gulp) Atlanta.

Not sure that matters if you have an owner with deep pockets who wants to win. I can't see our current owners luring in the talent since they can't promise that they will do what ever is necessary to win. They are more financially limited than most owners. Miami has an extremely wealthy owner (#2 in the NBA). Unless we can get these guys to sell the team to the next Ted Turner, we'll have good but not great teams. And no Howard - at least until he is past his peak.