• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We only had to lose on one side of the ball with the Hoford vs Howard matchup!

JTB

(First off a bigger center is not going to help us unless that next big center is Shaq. We have big centers on the roster in Zaza,collins and even rand mo they just dont have the skills to provide. so either we get shaq or our BIGS we do have just grow some damn balls and strap them boots up and get ready to play!)

Now to my topic:

Going back to horford vs howard matchup, we only had to lose on one side of the ball. If SMARTS was played in the game we could have made a better challenge against howard and the magic! What smarts do i mean? well lets take a look at the matchup shall we:

what went wrong matchup:

Howard is the bigger center in this matchup so why in the hell was woody letting or telling horford to bang with this man in the paint on the OFFENSE END, i understand bangin on the defense end horford didnt have a choice! we didnt make howard work on defense like we should have everything came easy to him against us

what should have happened:

what should have happened in this matchup is that we should have only been losing on the defense end of the matchup! as far as offense goes woody should utilize that solid mid range jumper horford has and made howard *ss work on the defense end! but instead woody probably let what happen just happen without trying to address the issue. Horford has a solid mid range that could have created a problem for the magic and got howard away from the paint, which then could have got smoove in position to bang with lewis in the paint one on one and score.

my point:

its simple really............horford should have made howard work on defense.horford has a jumper and he didnt use it. horford's jumper could have opened up alot of opportunities for the hawks. why wasnt horfords jumper used?...woody?.....horford?....anybody?......im never going to understand why we lost the whole matchup and not just half between these two. i get that horford cant stop howard from scoring but neither can howard stop horford from scoring if horford is used the right way!...please LD next year make sure you utilze horford's mid range against howard and all other bigger centers than horford!

See ATL its not about size its about using what you got and being smart. im not saying we would have won the series if horford was used right but we would gave them a challenge in the series if horford waas used right! I hope Larry drew use his smarts with these players and keep to his word about putting players in position to score based on their abilities.

ps sorry about the miss print in the title

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

The hawks problem against the magic on offense is that they too often settle for long 2 point jumpers and you want the hawks to shoot more long 2 point jumpers. The Magic are thrilled to let teams shoot long 2 point jumpers all day.

no i hope LD actually run plays and set these players up to score. horford can beat howard on the offense end with that shot he has more so than horford actually scoring on howard in the paint!

It's not about Horford against Howard. The Hawks lost because of what the other 4 Magic players were doing. Boston showed the way you beat Orlando is to let Howard and his limited offensive game and loust foul shooting get his and guard all the shooters on the outside.

you are right but in this thread im just comparing these two in their matchup to open some eyes that horford can make probs for howard on the offense end

no i hope LD actually run plays and set these players up to score. horford can beat howard on the offense end with that shot he has more so than horford actually scoring on howard in the paint!

you are right but in this thread im just comparing these two in their matchup to open some eyes that horford can make probs for howard on the offense end

I agree with you, but there is no doubt in my mind that there is entirely too much focus on Dwight Howard when there should be more focus on the players around him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We definitely need Big Al to use his 15-18 jump shot to get Howard away from the rim. I remember back in the day Christian Laettner was just killing Orlando era Shaq because Christian could just sink those outside jumpers all day long.

We definitely need Big Al to use his 15-18 jump shot to get Howard away from the rim. I remember back in the day Christian Laettner was just killing Orlando era Shaq because Christian could just sink those outside jumpers all day long.

Laettner was also a tremendous passer from the high post. He could pull his man away from the basket and hit the slasher to the basket with ease.