• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if?

IHeartAtlanta

This is just seeing what you guys think what would have happened if somehow we avoided Olando  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion we would have fared much better against either of these teams, and right now we wouldn't be sitting here a pessimistic about our future as yall seem to be....

I Think against Orlando it was all ABOUT MATCHUPS, and i believe Dwight howard said it best "we only play them four times a year", (not counting the playoffs) and they were the ONLY team to blow us out repeatedly last year.............

And for people saying we didn't improve over the summer i disagree to a certain extent.......... We are getting rid of Randolph Morris, lol and i don't care who we sign instead of him, We improve........... Joe Smith vs. Josh Powell well i'm not too sure who is better............ We pretty much have JC2 replacing Mario West which is a MAJOR upgrade............. And NO WAY AT ALL is it possible for Coach Dru to be worse than Woodson, its impossible......... And Teague is supposedly coming into his own, which makes it where we don't have to hide Bibby defensively

Soo what i'm trying to say is don't be soo Negative, its only four games a year........ (hopefully we avoid them in the playoffs lol)

Tell me what yall think

Please don't be one of those people who said its impossible we were the three seed we couldn't have played them blah blah blah blah Or it don't matter it didn't happen..... lol

Edited by IHeartAtlanta

• Premium Member

I think some of you guys didn't watch Boston vs. Cleveland. Boston was a much better team than they had shown during the season. We, like Cleveland, would have had Iso Joe shut down and we would have had no answer for Rondo.

I hate to be the bringer of truth but just because we had played Boston well in the past, I don't think we would have been able to do the same in the postseason. Those guys were monsters.

We had a better shot against Cleveland. Cleveland had some internal breakdowns that started with Lebron.

I think some of you guys didn't watch Boston vs. Cleveland. Boston was a much better team than they had shown during the season. We, like Cleveland, would have had Iso Joe shut down and we would have had no answer for Rondo.

I hate to be the bringer of truth but just because we had played Boston well in the past, I don't think we would have been able to do the same in the postseason. Those guys were monsters.

We had a better shot against Cleveland. Cleveland had some internal breakdowns that started with Lebron.

You're completely right.

Boston look at the big picture and that's why they were as successful as they were. The Hawks looked at the small picture and got beat down in the playoffs. Once the playoffs started these two teams were in opposite places. The Hawhs already had played their best ball and Boston was focused on the big prize and played their best ball.

Boston would have 4-2. It's real nice that people want to bring up that the Hawks took them to 7 games a few years ago. But this team didn't have the luxary to paly the underdog role. They nearly lost to the underdog team in the first round. There is no way they could have went from just barely beating the Bucks to beating the much better team that was focused. It wouldn't have happened.

• Moderators

You're completely right.

Boston look at the big picture and that's why they were as successful as they were. The Hawks looked at the small picture and got beat down in the playoffs. Once the playoffs started these two teams were in opposite places. The Hawhs already had played their best ball and Boston was focused on the big prize and played their best ball.

Boston would have 4-2. It's real nice that people want to bring up that the Hawks took them to 7 games a few years ago. But this team didn't have the luxary to paly the underdog role. They nearly lost to the underdog team in the first round. There is no way they could have went from just barely beating the Bucks to beating the much better team that was focused. It wouldn't have happened.

One of the reasons Boston was better in the playoffs is they used their bench in the regular season, didn't run guys into the ground playing every game like it was their last.