• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bad News for Hawks fans with Dish Network

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

A fee dispute between satellite broadcaster Dish Network and Fox is leaving some people without their favorite programs.

On Friday, Fox blocked several channels to Dish Network customers, including FX, National Geographic Channel and 19 regional sports channels such as Fox Sports Midwest and Fox Sports North, which cover the Sioux Falls area............

Satellite viewers miss out amid Fox, Dish fee dispute

What really sucks is that 95% of Hawks games can only be seen on two Fox owned channels (Fox Sports and Sports South). Doesn't hurt too bad now since Dish is giving us NFL RedZone for free in place of FOX but we may be in real trouble if this thing drags on for months.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I missed 2 Braves games and the UGA because of this.

We have had some problems with Dish before (our DVR will freeze and need to be restarted thus not recording programs and the regular boxes have frozen as well).

Direct tv is looking better every minute. Plus they are running specials where the same package we have now is like 30 dollars less a month for the first year. And they aren't having problems with Fox.

• Premium Member

Lately I've been using Windows 7 MC. I get Some Braves games (Peachtree TV) and all the Falcons games over the air in beautiful HD for free. Honestly if it wasn't for the Hawks being stuck on cable/Sat I would cancel Pay-TV today.

:offtopic2:

I've never been a big fan of Micro$ but those fools hit an grand slam with Media Center. I put it up there with the wheel, fire, and penicillin.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Does anyone know how I can cancel my contract with dish network? Just got it installed two weeks ago and now they want $420 to cancel my contract. This sucks!!! The only reason I got cable was because basketball season is starting in a few weeks.

Edited by chico1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Does anyone know how I can cancel my contract with dish network? Just got it installed two weeks ago and now they want $420 to cancel my contract. This sucks!!! The only reason I got cable was because basketball season is starting in a few weeks.

it's easier to leave a gang or the mob. IDK you may be OK since you've only been in for a few weeks.

Pay-TV companies cover their backside with these types of disclaimers:

Changes in Services Offered. We reserve the right to add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, and our prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services at any time, including without limitation during any term agreement period to which you have agreed under the terms and conditions of any other agreement with DISH Network. If a change affects you, we will provide you notice of such change and its effective date. In the event that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, you understand and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement any programming, programming packages or other Services previously offered that have been deleted, rearranged or otherwise changed. You further understand and agree that you will not be entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change in the contents of any programming, programming packages, or other Services previously offered.

So even though you're not getting what you paid for you're stuck.

Edited by NineOhTheRino