• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Having seen what you have seen....

Diesel

I would be willing to include Crawford in the trade to get Chris Paul if thats what it took and he was willing to sign an extension. The question you are asking isn't whether we would prefer Jamal to Joe- its whether we would prefer Chris Paul to Joe Johnson which has sort of an obvious answer.

Edited by spotatl
  • Like 2

I would be willing to include Crawford in the trade to get Chris Paul if thats what it took and he was willing to sign an extension. The question you are asking isn't whether we would prefer Jamal to Joe- its whether we would prefer Chris Paul to Joe Johnson which has sort of an obvious answer.

+1

I would go with CP3 over JJ as well. I love JJ but in this league I believe you need a dominant pg or a center to be a championship threat. Either that or a Kobe Bryant. I would definitely take CP3 and Craw over JJ and Teague..just my opinion.

• Premium Member

Is this really a question? The 6th man of the year and a guy that when healthy is at worst the 2nd best PG in the league vs Joe Johnson and an unproven second year player?

Obvious answer....

I don't think so. I think there's a lot of undervalue for Joe around here. I like CP3 and he is a guy who I really want us to acquire, but think about CP3... IS he really going to stay injury free? Joe is a freakin Iron man. I was listening to some guys talking about the leagues best players.. as far as Iron man is concerned. You have Joe and you have Dirk N. That's it. You can't count on Kobe or Wade to stay healthy. You certainly can't count on CP3.

Secondly, CP3... He's great. However, didn't Collison's play last year make you wonder a little bit? CP3 has never had to share the spotlight with another star. People say West, but West is just OK. In essence, the PG in that offense can do what they want. I mean, you have no 2 or 3... your 4 is good and your C is not offensive. Who else will score in NO?

Now, I like Jamal, but I believe that part of the reason he was 6th man was Joe. It's easy for a player like Craw to flourish when you don't have to carry all the weight. Look at the times he has had to carry all the weight.Chicago, NY, GS... He's a gifted player, humble, great scorer, but I think he will even admit that he was made better by ISO Joe.

I don't think it's a no brainer. NOt when you really consider Joe and what he brings. I think there's a Joe backlash... but Joe is not a 4 time allstar for nothing. He has carried this team. Directly and Indirectly.

• Like 1

Obvious answer....

I don't think so. I think there's a lot of undervalue for Joe around here. I like CP3 and he is a guy who I really want us to acquire, but think about CP3... IS he really going to stay injury free? Joe is a freakin Iron man. I was listening to some guys talking about the leagues best players.. as far as Iron man is concerned. You have Joe and you have Dirk N. That's it. You can't count on Kobe or Wade to stay healthy. You certainly can't count on CP3.

Secondly, CP3... He's great. However, didn't Collison's play last year make you wonder a little bit? CP3 has never had to share the spotlight with another star. People say West, but West is just OK. In essence, the PG in that offense can do what they want. I mean, you have no 2 or 3... your 4 is good and your C is not offensive. Who else will score in NO?

Now, I like Jamal, but I believe that part of the reason he was 6th man was Joe. It's easy for a player like Craw to flourish when you don't have to carry all the weight. Look at the times he has had to carry all the weight.Chicago, NY, GS... He's a gifted player, humble, great scorer, but I think he will even admit that he was made better by ISO Joe.

I don't think it's a no brainer. NOt when you really consider Joe and what he brings. I think there's a Joe backlash... but Joe is not a 4 time allstar for nothing. He has carried this team. Directly and Indirectly.

Yeah, you are pretty much the only person who would ever think that.

• Premium Member

Yeah, you are pretty much the only person who would ever think that.

I've been in the minority before and I was right then too. I'm not saying Joe easily, I'm saying that this is not a no brainer.

If that Marvin/1st for Collison trade could go down, it would be better than us getting CP3 for Joe.

Joe will not get us CP3, maybe Horford or Smith but not Joe. I rather have Joe with CP3 than w/o him.

• Premium Member

Joe will not get us CP3, maybe Horford or Smith but not Joe. I rather have Joe with CP3 than w/o him.

You're delusional. Once CP3 starts demanding a trade, there will be blood in the water. When that happens, NO will cut off their right arm for Joe.

Jamal Crawford has more trade value than Joe Johnson does right now. Would people prefer Chris Paul/Joe to Jamal/Joe?

No he doesn't.

Jamal's trade value is for teams wanting to get rid of an unwanted contract. Not a star player.

Value is really situational. And Jamal's contract is for a team who is looking to contend but lose a big contract at the end. Sorta like us. I would say, Craw could get us Vince, Arenas, or somebody like that, but CP3 and Melo will require we anti up either Smoove or Horf. At the end of the day a team with a star to trade is going to want something back that will last longer than this season.

In history, we are the only team that has traded it's star (in his prime) for an ending contract... and we were burned sufficiently for it.

With what we've seen of JC2 so far and his similarity to JC in terms of production and style there's no doubt in my mind that I'd much rather trade Jamal than Joe if we're looking to acquire CP3 or another star. Another thing is that CP3 makes Joe much more valuable because he can create a lot of open shots for Joe, whereas Jamal is better at creating his own shot as opposed to have someone else set him up, at least that's how I see it. You also have to keep in mind that Joe is probably untradeable because of his age/contract/production, whereas Jamal has a very valuable contract and will no doubt be able to still live up to that contract at the end of it. And while I doubt New Orleans is looking for an expiring contract in return for CP3 they wouldn't have any problem flipping Jamal for something of more value to them or even making the trade a 3way.

Also the real question is would you prefer CP3/Jamal to JJ/Teague/Jamal since Jamal would still be here, or at least we'd be able to flip him for something else of value and looking at it like this it's not nearly as clear cut to me.

For me I'd look to move Smoove/Jamal for CP3/Okafor and build around that group with JC2 as the 6th man.

You're delusional. Once CP3 starts demanding a trade, there will be blood in the water. When that happens, NO will cut off their right arm for Joe.

No he doesn't.

Jamal's trade value is for teams wanting to get rid of an unwanted contract. Not a star player.

Value is really situational. And Jamal's contract is for a team who is looking to contend but lose a big contract at the end. Sorta like us. I would say, Craw could get us Vince, Arenas, or somebody like that, but CP3 and Melo will require we anti up either Smoove or Horf. At the end of the day a team with a star to trade is going to want something back that will last longer than this season.

In history, we are the only team that has traded it's star (in his prime) for an ending contract... and we were burned sufficiently for it.

I'm delusional, Diesel you do know your the last person here who should say that. It's like Mariah Carey coming in here saying everyone here should start taking their meds.

• Premium Member

I'm delusional, Diesel you do know your the last person here who should say that. It's like Mariah Carey coming in here saying everyone here should start taking their meds.

lOOKING past the attempted Barb... You're still delusional if you think that once the season starts that NO will get anything close to equal value for a disgruntled CP3.

Oh, yes. Because a team that has tried to get rid of an MVP candidate in order to cut salary will be just dying to add a 29 year old back up all star with currently the largest deal in the NBA...

• Like 1

You can't be serious. If the Hornets are losing Chris Paul then they wouldn't give up Peja for Joe Johnson. Have you really missed the point that to most of the league Joe Johnson is a bad contract?

Edited by spotatl

• Premium Member

You can't be serious. If the Hornets are losing Chris Paul then they wouldn't give up Peja for Joe Johnson. Have you really missed the point that to most of the league Joe Johnson is a bad contract?

If Chris Paul leaves NO High and Dry.. do you know what that means for that franchise? Not only is he their franchise player, he's really their only good player. His value is dropping daily because he doesn't want to be in NO. Right now, NO has the only leverage that it has, but they fear being Lebroned int he offseason. JJ is signed for 6 years. NO would be excited to get Joe Johnson and build around him and West.

You and superstar must have missed this past offseason. The Nuggets and the Hornets do not want to be Lebroned. A team that can offer them a star player in return for their allstar will be on their speed dial. Plus... outside of Atlanta, Joe is considered a beast. It's only amoung Hawks fans that Joe is seen as being = Peja.