• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 Free tickets for Bucks game tomorrow

JJFAN4LF

it's not that. i guess i'm having a problem finding what u guys are talking about

found what u guys were talking about, but it says offer is not available.

Try this link: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E00451DED097B64?did=aarons&camefrom=NBAHAWKS_1011_E_FB

Is it to late?

Nope.

Edited by WakaFlocka

Great deal by the Hawks to build some fan support.

I would go but I'm checking out that circus thing at Atlantic Station Thurs night (Ovo) and going to the Hawks / Jazz game Fri night. I can't handle 3 work night outings in a row.

Hope all the squawkers have fun ! You can't beat a $3.50 Hawks ticket !

The fact that the hawks are giving away tickets like this reminds me that the asg not going into the luxury tax to keep up with the lakers and celtics is more the fault of those who live in atlanta and don't go to a half dozen games a year than the owners themselves.

Half empty building = a losing business model.

• Like 1

The fact that the hawks are giving away tickets like this reminds me that the asg not going into the luxury tax to keep up with the lakers and celtics is more the fault of those who live in atlanta and don't go to a half dozen games a year than the owners themselves.Half empty building = a losing business model.

So true !

• Like 2

The fact that the hawks are giving away tickets like this reminds me that the asg not going into the luxury tax to keep up with the lakers and celtics is more the fault of those who live in atlanta and don't go to a half dozen games a year than the owners themselves.

Half empty building = a losing business model.

What you are saying is equivalent to a business saying "our sales are down, must be the customers" while failing to account for the fact that they raised prices. To say the reason why the ASG model of business doesn't work is because of the consumers is halfassed economics that fails to recognize that the ASG is also responsible for attendance.

Why would I attend the game if I can watch it at home on a big screen HD with my own beers? What is it that attending the game benefits me as a person?

Those are the type of questions you are ignoring by putting fault on consumers.

Edited by hawksfanatic

Its not just facebook. The Hawks also are sending out text messages about this offer.

This technique is coming from the company the ASG hired to handle tickets (Dynamix? I forget). They are trying to gauge the change in demand based on timing and price for attending the Hawks games. They are holding supply fixed (something that most econometric models can't account for) just by the simple fact that each game in Philips has a set number of tickets. Err...well almost, the secondary ticket market certainly has an impact on the supply of tickets to Hawks games.

But back to the technique, the company is trying to determine the elasticity of demand for seeing the Hawks. Once they are able to get a rough estimate, they can determine a crude pricing model. Over time, they can generate a dynamic pricing model that is based off of certain characteristics of the game (opponent, date, Hawks performance, etc.). This should be great news for Hawks fans IF the goal of the ASG is to increase attendance. If they goal is to maximize profits (which is most likely) then Hawks fans will not like this up to a certain point. At some point in time, maximizing profits will lead to also having full attendance. However, if demand for the Hawks is not large enough then there will be binding constraints which will lead to a pricing model that maximizes profits by not having full attendance.