• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

6-3 Same record as the Heat with a 4-1 road record

HawkItus

Your feelings on the Hawks  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll take 6-3 but that loss last nite was horrible. True, we haven't beaten any quality teams but we have also won on the road our achilles heel.

Speaking of Miami, they have one quality win against the Magic, and have lost to playoff teams, other than that they've beaten New Jersey (twice), Minny, Philly. Not anything to write home about.

• Premium Member

I get it. Last night sucked, but come on. Miwaukee is 4-5. Miami is 6-3. Chicago 3-3, yeat we are being treated like we are the worst team in the league. I don't get it.

You know how it is around here. When the Hawks went 6-0 in the first 6, there were plenty of people discrediting that like it meant nothing. When the Hawks went 0-3 in their last 3, NOW it matters and the team needs to be blown up. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, it's just how it's always been. As far as I'm concerned, the Playoffs aren't in November and I doubt any of us have enough data at this point to make a clear, objective analysis of this team. This team is in the beginning stages of adopting a complex new offensive philosophy and have actually taken to it a lot sooner than I thought they would considering they played nothing but isolation offense during Woody's tenure. It's just too soon to for the doom and gloom. Hey, that rhymed! :line dance:

I have been pretty surprised by how few people have overreacted to both the 6-0 start and the 0-3 lull. I think that most people are just trying to give the team some time to let this team show what they are about.

Confirmation bias is always massive early in the season. (You focus on the things that confirm what you already believe and ignore things that don't support it) The people who thought that the team would immediately get better without woodson would take any evidence that the team has improved as PROOF. People who think that the team is flawed will take the Milwaukee game as PROOF. But really- there are always ebbs and flows to the season. Time will tell on what kind of team this is.

Edited by spotatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I have been pretty surprised by how few people have overreacted to both the 6-0 start and the 0-3 lull. I think that most people are just trying to give the team some time to let this team show what they are about.

Confirmation bias is always massive early in the season. (You focus on the things that confirm what you already believe and ignore things that don't support it) The people who thought that the team would immediately get better without woodson would take any evidence that the team has improved as PROOF. People who think that the team is flawed will take the Milwaukee game as PROOF. But really- there are always ebbs and flows to the season. Time will tell on what kind of team this is.

Confirmation bias is right. It didn't taken long for the agendas to come out after the team hit the skids. The topics and posts about Smoove, JJ, Horf, Marvin, Bibby, Crawford, Teague, and the team in general swing from one extreme to the other on a game by game basis depending on whether we win or lose or if a player has a good game or not. It get's to the point where some posters can't 'enjoy' the game if Smoove hits a few jumpers, if JJ dominates a quarter of the game with iso play and scores 15 pts, or if Marvin goes off for 20+ points in a game becasue it flies in the face of some stance they made on an internet forum. That's truly sad. The last few games have been tough, but we're only 9 games into an 82 game season and the Hawks have won 6 out of those 9 games. I'm pretty sure the team is gonna be just fine.

• Premium Member

6-3, ok. Should be 8-1. The last two losses are on LD. That was some awful coaching last night. If he doesn't figure out a way of NOT PLAYING four scrubs (JT0, Powell, Zaza plus an uninterested Ja.Crawford) at the same time, we're screwed. He just squandered 10+ point early leads and turned them to double-digit losses. Oh, wait, that was yesterday only.

I refuse to believe MW plays such a big role in this team (yeah, I know, he's arguably one of our best defenders) that we lost those games just because he and Mo were out. Those are on LD.

WTF is he doing starting Twin over Zaza? Zaza has had some nice games to begin the season, why not start him? It's not like Zaza would turn the 2nd unit on. Playing among those guys will led him to nights like last night.

START ZAZA LD! Don't eff up, man!

LET'S GO HAWKS!

I'll take 6-3 but that loss last nite was horrible. True, we haven't beaten any quality teams but we have also won on the road our achilles heel.

Speaking of Miami, they have one quality win against the Magic, and have lost to playoff teams, other than that they've beaten New Jersey (twice), Minny, Philly. Not anything to write home about.

d

Yes road wins are good ---- what is concerning about the 3 losses was the lack of defensive enery particularly since we have the depth, talent, athleticism and youth to bring it for 48 minutes. Of course defense is not always awarded and it is a grind that requires energy, the Hawks aren't grinding at their full potential. Larry Drew eluded to this during the post game the other night particularly about the energy of the bench.