• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Problem is at the Point Guard

Highpozt2

I mention this the other day, and I reiterate until Hawks get someone to defend the point guard and overall improve our perimeter D the good PG will shred us. in our 3 of our 4 loses Nash, Daron Williams and Brandon Jennings had there way. In fact Brandon got so comfortable that no one could guard him he started talking smack to Teague and when Teague did not respond he started jawing at the Hawks bench. Bibby, Teague and Crawford have to shown little ability to defend the PG position. Bibby at this point is to slow, Crawford has never been a defender and of course he is really a 2, so that leaves Jeff T. Hawks are going to have to let Jeff T go through his growth, because Bibby will not fair well against Rondo, Paul, Daron, Parker, Westbrook or any other speedy penetrating PG. Bibby assist numbers are also moderate at best and with the motion offense this will be a liability. Bibby is still helpful to the Hawks but not as a heavy minute starting PG

This was something the team knew coming into the season but it can be hidden but not with this roster. The issue is the money. We can't afford to make a trade for a Hinrich or Harris. Even Billups is questionable unless Melo included. The only way we will pay the tax is for a superstar or box draw like Nash. What you see is what you get. We just can't win in the PG era with Bibby at point.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

This was something the team knew coming into the season but it can be hidden but not with this roster. The issue is the money. We can't afford to make a trade for a Hinrich or Harris. Even Billups is questionable unless Melo included. The only way we will pay the tax is for a superstar or box draw like Nash. What you see is what you get. We just can't win in the PG era with Bibby at point.

Hawks will have to live with Bibbys being on downhill side of his run. The thing is if there any chance Teague can run the show particularly defending the quicker PG. Teague is very quick and has hops, but he appears uncertain when on the court. The Hawks have not done well at drafting or developing PG Acie Law, Salim Stodamire, Royal Ivey, Dan Dickau just to name a few. I hope Teague is not in that group

Bibby is one of my least favroite players on the team but giving Teague more minutes isn't the solution to anything. He just doesn't give you anything offensively.

If that is the case then either Jamaal Crawford or Jordan Crawford will have to see many more minutes at PG. I am much more concerned about assist from Teague than scoring --- and even more concern about defending the fast PG --- the last 3 of 4 games the PG have scorched the Hawks. Nash (19pts 15 asst), Jennings (19pts 6 asst) and Daron Williams (24pts 10asst)

• Premium Member

Bibby is one of my least favroite players on the team but giving Teague more minutes isn't the solution to anything. He just doesn't give you anything offensively.

that and he lacks the ability to create for other guys. Look like we drafted another shoot-first PG that can't shoot.

A gamble might be needed to see what Jordan can bring at the position.

He is a better shooter than Teague and longer. His passing, ball handling have not been NBA tested yet, so the jury is still out . Not giving up on Teague, but we have got to get more from the PG position

A gamble might be needed to see what Jordan can bring at the position.

Jordan would be a turnover machine with bad shot selection. That's an issue itself much less at PG.

we are all clearly aware we need a new pg. but lets keep posting new threads about it every week.

Well of course A11...it's our job :tongue: .

Really though...while it's very early...this seems to be the "year of the PG". You've got a predicted "Dream(ish) Team" that was predicted by some to set the NBA record for victories and they already heve 4 losses...all to teams with premier PGs. Stats in general for the bigtime PGs have been stunning. Add to that, the number of bigtime PGs seems to be growing every year.

we are all clearly aware we need a new pg. but lets keep posting new threads about it every week.

If your point is it is blatantly obvious, then I hope that the Hawks powers think it is blatantly obvious and can address it before the trade deadline. If we don't address then lets hope Teague, Bibby, and the Crawfords can figure it out, it is critical if we want to be one of the top 4 in the East.