• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We're going 8-74, getting the 14th pick in the draft, Phillips is going to burn down, and the NBA will fold Atlanta Hawk basketball operations!

MVP23

This last week or so has been pretty rough for us, but its a long season guys. Keep in mind what we saw in the first 6 games was us at our best, and we're hard to be. We're going to have these nights where Joe and Craw struggle (many nights where Joe struggles) and this will happen. Its no big deal. The Mavs are good, and we saw something good with JC2. We're ok, don't worry..

• Like 1

This last week or so has been pretty rough for us, but its a long season guys. Keep in mind what we saw in the first 6 games was us at our best, and we're hard to be. We're going to have these nights where Joe and Craw struggle (many nights where Joe struggles) and this will happen. Its no big deal. The Mavs are good, and we saw something good with JC2. We're ok, don't worry..

I like the optimism, but what possibly makes you believe this team will be anything but another 2nd round at best failure? New coach or not, we lack the intangibles that the elite ones possess. I'm not panicking simply because I don't expect anything but this-

• Like 1

Love the optimism, but my objectivity says that we have some of the same problems we did during our hot 6-0 start...the difference is that we were actually winning those games and playing crap teams.

Will things get better? Likely. But we aren't looking very potent right now.

What you saw was an easy start to the schedule and not the Hawks "at their best".

What you saw was an easy start to the schedule and not the Hawks "at their best".

Yeah Hot you make a good point...if I can extrapolate on it a bit. We had an easy run and if I remember right we were moving without the ball and enjoying the salad days. Then things got tougher and we reverted to standing around and ISOs. I would imagine LD will lay down the law again and get us playing team ball once we are really stinking...then we will go on a winning streak - at which point everybody will get selfish and we will suck again. Then LD will lay down the law and....repeat...repeat...repeat.white%20flag.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

Yeah Hot you make a good point...if I can extrapolate on it a bit. We had an easy run and if I remember right we were moving without the ball and enjoying the salad days. Then things got tougher and we reverted to standing around and ISOs. I would imagine LD will lay down the law again and get us playing team ball once we are really stinking...then we will go on a winning streak - at which point everybody will get selfish and we will suck again. Then LD will lay down the law and....repeat...repeat...repeat.white%20flag.gif

This team beat good teams last year.... But they've shown no passion all season long. Even when they were 6-0, it wasn't all roses like people claim. They sucked at the 3pt shot and played passionless in most of the games. They were simply more talented than those teams and got by with it.

There are so many culprits that's it's socking that things just continue on. The lack of offseason movement by the owners, the overpaying of a second rater like JJ, no bench, no defense, no passion.... Jamal not playing well. Joe shooting terrible. No PG or center either. LOTS of issues. I'm not overly impressed by Al's lack of shot blocking and post game either. Of course there is almost Marvin....The good news that despite all these issues they are 8-5... But the problem is also that they're 8-5 considering the schedule they've had. Last years team might have 2 or 3 more wins at this point given the schedule they have.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The Hawks really better hope that Detroit wants Crawford and Teague for Prince and Bynum. We have to do something to get better at the small forward and deepen our bench. I still think Marvin would actually be better in a backup role. Prince is a student of the game who knows how to win and Bynum is an upgrade over Bibby. Bibby, Marvin, Craw Jr., Powell and Zaza off the bench is enough to take the place of Jamal. Teague is a non-factor.