• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Impressed by LD's coaching tonight

DJlaysitup

LD adapted to a situation tonight...something I have complained about a lot as far as Hawks coaching has gone. Instead of just plugging in the usual guys at the usual spots and running the usual intervals, LD took advantage of a situation tonight. With Jameer Nelson out sick he apparently realized that he didn't have to worry so much about guard quickness and played it as such. He kept in bigs and we got by. We were borderline lotsa times in the second half on offense - but we didn't get killed in the paint as much. We trotted out big after big after big, and while Howard did look like superman a few times - it wasn't that often.

To be fair this wasn't a blowout by any means. The game could have gone either way at the 2 minute point - but we were ahead and had confidence. Bibby and Craw made some big shots - but it's not like they were miracle shots - they make those all the time (just not recently against ORL)

My non-player MVP for this game: Coach LD.

Runnerup: Bob Rathbun for complaining about Dwight's moving screens. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Keep it up Hawks!!

Note: I did notice that when it comes to breaking a guy or two down late and getting a decent shot under pressure - Craw is the only guy on this team that can do it.

• Like 4

D Howard was definitely playing rough out there and could have easily fouled out had every foul been called.

That being said, LD did handle the situation perfectly. He threw Collins out there, and even Etan Thomas. The superb defense by Smoove was also key.

I'm interested to see how the Hawks manage to play without JJ down the stretch. What I saw tonight was great ball movement and excellent defense. I believe the Hawks will continue to get better and better without JJ, because other guys are playing more minutes. Our bench is becoming strong That being said, when JJ comes back the other teammates should be in tune, and hopefully JJ will be as well.

LD likes hard nosed players, the team is changing, guys play harder. Drew is also solid at making subs and setting up different line ups and doesn't fear the change.

He's been coaching well so far.

Still I'd like to see our youngsters a little bit more.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm annoyed when people come on here and talk about how smart their posts are but the thing that impressed me was that we played physical and got Dwight off his game. This is what I was asking for after the Heat loss. It was an ugly game because we controlled the paint much more so than we normally do. But that's a beautiful thing to me.

Runnerup: Bob Rathbun for complaining about Dwight's moving screens. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Keep it up Hawks!!

Note: I did notice that when it comes to breaking a guy or two down late and getting a decent shot under pressure - Craw is the only guy on this team that can do it.

+3 on all your points !

• Premium Member

LD adapted to a situation tonight...something I have complained about a lot as far as Hawks coaching has gone. Instead of just plugging in the usual guys at the usual spots and running the usual intervals, LD took advantage of a situation tonight. With Jameer Nelson out sick he apparently realized that he didn't have to worry so much about guard quickness and played it as such. He kept in bigs and we got by. We were borderline lotsa times in the second half on offense - but we didn't get killed in the paint as much. We trotted out big after big after big, and while Howard did look like superman a few times - it wasn't that often.

To be fair this wasn't a blowout by any means. The game could have gone either way at the 2 minute point - but we were ahead and had confidence. Bibby and Craw made some big shots - but it's not like they were miracle shots - they make those all the time (just not recently against ORL)

man Bob was on fire last night! Talk about animated

Edited by NineOhTheRino