• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props to Collins and E. Thomas !

coachx

The play of Collins and E. Thomas actually allowed Atlanta to play a little "bully ball" to give Orlando a taste of there own medicine. Bob was losing his mind on TV with all the wrestling moves Howard was getting away with. What is nice is that neither Thomas nor Collins would back down. They kept matching his physicality. I loved that.

We need more of it !

I must say thet I could not have expected Whiteside, Alabi, or any other 2nd round center to be close to ready to playing D. Howard like that. Props to Sund for getting some veteran bigs who already know how to play NBA defense. Props to Collins for his conditioning and weight loss that have allowed him to valuable NBA role player once again.

That being said I do believe we need to use 2nd round picks on a young center to develope. The chances are they will be a flop but we could end up with a Hibbert, McGee, or Jordan type of young big.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Yes. I thought Collins did well and I was surprised not to see him more in the 4th. AJC was saying Etan looked bad but I thought he was alright. He's got to be rusty. I'm not totally sure why we need both of them though other than injury.

I totally agree. Its about time we started muscling some people. Even made them earn some points at the line.

I tell you though the main thing that frustrates me about the nba is poor officiating when it comes to the 'superstars'. Zaza would have fouled out in 5 minutes if he played like Dwight.

• Premium Member

I want to see more of the bigger lineups. The game may get ugly, but if it means the Hawks control the paint and the boards on both ends, then I'm all for it because it's going to translate into more wins, especially in the playoffs when the ability to control the paint is critical. I think what Collins and Powell are giving the Hawks right now is really valuable.

Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

The play of Collins and E. Thomas actually allowed Atlanta to play a little "bully ball" to give Orlando a taste of there own medicine. Bob was losing his mind on TV with all the wrestling moves Howard was getting away with. What is nice is that neither Thomas nor Collins would back down. They kept matching his physicality. I loved that.

We need more of it !

I must say thet I could not have expected Whiteside, Alabi, or any other 2nd round center to be close to ready to playing D. Howard like that. Props to Sund for getting some veteran bigs who already know how to play NBA defense. Props to Collins for his conditioning and weight loss that have allowed him to valuable NBA role player once again.

That being said I do believe we need to use 2nd round picks on a young center to develope. The chances are they will be a flop but we could end up with a Hibbert, McGee, or Jordan type of young big.

We could have, for example, drafted the guy who was actually drafted with our pick, Tibor Pleiß. He is 7'1'' and we would not have had to pay him a dime and could have signed Thomas and Collins to give you the vets you want to see this year while letting him develop on someone else's budget over seas.

It would be nice to get ourselves a Jordan, Gortat, etc. type of young big to develop.

• Premium Member

The funny thing is that lineup with Collins (Bibby-Johnson-Smith-Horford-Collins) is the most successful one for the Hawks.

Indeed it has been sucessful and I don't think it should continue to be limited to being used against certain teams. That lineup is just stronger on the boards and defensively than when Marvin is in the lineup. Not trying to diss Marvin, but it's the truth. Even when Powell has been on the floor with Horford and Smith, it's been successful.