• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Screw it, Josh Smith is a 3pt shooter!

Admin

• Premium Member

Honestly the BEST thing that could happen to the Hawks would be for Smith to become a reliable threat from outside as that would allow us to comfortably move him to the 3 and look to trade Marvin for a competent 5 who can rebound and defend and then move Al down to the 4.

Teague + Marvin for Biedrins?

Depth Chart:

Bibby / Jamal Crawford

JJ / Jordan Crawford

Josh Smith / Mo Evans, Damien Wilkins

Al Horford / Josh Powell

Biedrins / Jason Collins.

Can't really think of any other centers we could get for Marvin (I doubt we could get Biedrins for Marvin to be honest, but the salaries match )

Just imagine if we had gotten Shaq in the off-season. Instead of Collins we could be starting

Bibby

JJ

Josh Smith

Horf

Shaq

Damn. This lineup looks so much better right now than it did a few months ago. Lol. Oh well.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Everything is all smiles and rainbows because we are winning right now and I am really impressed by Josh's numbers especially as it pertains to his re-discovery of a consistent jumpshot. I still, however, can't ignore the fact that the reports have indicated a problem with Josh's overall professionalism with coach Drew. If that issue cannot or isn't already resolved for good, there is still a problem and I believe it will resurface again when Josh has a few down games and gets in one of his pissy moods again.

• Premium Member

The one thing that I remember about Josh Smith prior to the draft was not his athletic ability, but him shooting free throws. If anyone can find it, it's worth looking at. I just remember watching him shoot at the FT line and admiring his form. Fast forward to 2008, I noticed Josh was hitting the outside shot cleanly and with confidence. From that point forward I was never uncomfortable with him shooting from the outside. My issue has (and always will be) his timing and trying to shoot off the dribble. Josh is good when he's spotting up, but if he has to move too much - he is going to fumble the ball or miss badly. I don't know if he can improve that part of his game, but I'm ok with his outside shot. Have been for a long time.

As far as Josh in the post... I keep saying it but, anyway...it'll be something that I necro 2 years from now. lol Josh needs to work on a hook and working the glass. He's big, he's strong, fairly quick, and nobody can jump with him. If he could hit that shot, he would be unstoppable.

Everything is all smiles and rainbows because we are winning right now and I am really impressed by Josh's numbers especially as it pertains to his re-discovery of a consistent jumpshot. I still, however, can't ignore the fact that the reports have indicated a problem with Josh's overall professionalism with coach Drew. If that issue cannot or isn't already resolved for good, there is still a problem and I believe it will resurface again when Josh has a few down games and gets in one of his pissy moods again.

Agree 110%

But Hawks fans do the very same thing. When Smoove plays well they praise him and call him the best on the team but when he has bad game they criticize and want him gone. These are double standards in my book.

There are some absolutely beautiful long range bombs from Josh in this video of him in high school. His form looks like it's gotten back to the high school style except that his motion still seems a little longer and slower now as opposed to back then.

And here is Josh shooting a nice clean FT (at the end of the video)