• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeAndre Jordan

reeballin4

How would yall like a move to get DeAndre Jordan to play center. He's young and defensive minded and he crashes the boards good. Put him alongside Al Horford and I'm sure his play would increase. A lineup of Bibby, JJ, Smoove, Horford, and Jordan would be solid. Marvin off the bench, the role he is best suited for. Also, Teague should be given more play time imo we should allow him to develop by experience, he has the potential and athletic ability to be a force on both sides of the floor. Idk who we could trade but Jordan is a nice young prospect and there arent many other options of centers besides Mcgee from Washington who would also fit right in with his athletic ability.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think everyone likes him and if you are looking at how he would fit on this team if you could just add him to the roster it looks pretty exciting. That said, he is a young true big man who is cheap (and playing on the king of cheap's team) which means he is going to be expensive to acquire right now.

• Premium Member

I would love to have Jordan......

9.5 points, 9.8 rebs, and 5.2 fouls per 36 minutes playing almost entirely against other teams' second units. No offensive game and he displays even less defensive awareness than the guy he's backing up (which is saying a lot). Oooo, pinch me now.

He's mediocre as it is and I don't see much upside. No interest.

Edited by niremetal

• Moderators

9.5 points, 9.8 rebs, and 5.2 fouls per 36 minutes playing almost entirely against other teams' second units. No offensive game and he displays even less defensive awareness than the guy he's backing up (which is saying a lot). Oooo, pinch me now.

He's mediocre as it is and I don't see much upside. No interest.

In fairness, his career norms are better than that and he is only 22 years old - the same age as Roy Hibbert during his rookie season. There is still plenty of upside, IMO.

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

In fairness, his career norms are better than that and he is only 22 years old - the same age as Roy Hibbert during his rookie season. There is still plenty of upside, IMO.

I disagree. I just don't see where there's room for improvement. He is Dennis Rodman offensively - garbage points and absolutely nothing else (with an atrocious FT% to boot) because he has no feel for the ball from either the high or low post. He really has never shown even a glimmer of hope that he'll ever be an offensive threat, nor the awareness to show that he'll be of much use defensively. He's been a decent rebounder, but that's all - and even then, his rebounding stats have come mostly against other teams' second units. I just don't see where in his game there is potential for a sudden improvement that would make him more than a marginal rotation player.

In other news, has the board abandoned the practice of enforcing the "trade ideas should be posted/moved to the Trade Ideas forum only" policy? Seems like there's been an ever-increasing number of trade ideas popping up and staying in Homecourt lately.

Edited by niremetal

• Moderators

I disagree. I just don't see where there's room for improvement. He is Dennis Rodman offensively - garbage points and absolutely nothing else (with an atrocious FT% to boot) because he has no feel for the ball from either the high or low post. He really has never shown even a glimmer of hope that he'll ever be an offensive threat, nor the awareness to show that he'll be of much use defensively. He's been a decent rebounder, but that's all - and even then, his rebounding stats have come mostly against other teams' second units. I just don't see where in his game there is potential for a sudden improvement that would make him more than a marginal rotation player.

In other news, has the board abandoned the practice of enforcing the "trade ideas should be posted/moved to the Trade Ideas forum only" policy? Seems like there's been an ever-increasing number of trade ideas popping up and staying in Homecourt lately.

He is averaging 9.1 pp36, 10.4 rpg36, and 1.8 bp36 as a starter so saying his rebounding stats have come mostly against other second units rings false when his rebounding per 36 numbers as a starter are the same as his career numbers as a reserve (and better than his per 36 numbers as a reserve this season). I don't disagree that he is very raw and may never polish up to be where we want him to be but it seems to me that he is an effective rebounder today and at age 22 he has the frame to improve over the next 6 years in some other areas of his game like awareness.

On posting, the practice right now is to move specific fantasy trades to the trade board and to allow discussion of players who we might be interested in trading for in homecourt unless it gets abused. Those types of discussions tend to involve discussions of our salary structure, team needs, etc. that are well suited for this forum as long as they aren't abused.