• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Huge Trade of the Day.

Let's try this on for size.

Theo/next yrs #1 to Memphis for Lo/Battier.

Then....

Toni/Glover to Denver for Mengke Bateer/Harvey.

First... Why does Memphis do this trade?

For as much as they like what they have in Memphis, Theo is a lot better than Lo. And Battier really doesn't have a spot. He's not a 2. Dickerson is coming back. Gasol has the 3 locked up. Swift needs to be looked at as a 4 AND in the draft, don't be surprise to see them make a move to get Dunleavy Jr.

The second reason is that it's no secret that next yr, Detroit gets Memphis' first pick. Memphis would love to have a first... Even if it's Detroit's.

Why does Denver do it?

Toni brings leadership. They lose nothing important to them in those players.

We would have:

JT/Belcher

DJ/Ira/EDump

Battier/CC

SAR/Harvey/Hendu

Lo/Bateer/Nazr.

The reason I like it is because Battier gives us a solid scoring force at SF. I wouldn't be surprise if he puts up 20 a game. Lo is a scoring C. However, the hidden thing is Bateer. This guy could be something special if he has the right people working with him. Gar Heard and Rick Mahorn are the right people... I can see this 7'0 290 lber giving ShaqFu a little trouble. But even if he don't... The three headed Monster we have built at C is strong enough to win the east.

Moreover, there's always room to send Nazr off for a SG.

First off, reportedly Theo will be better than he has ever been this next year with this new therapy is already at 100% healed. Lo cannot even compare to Theo when both are healthy.....at least Theo is consistent when he is healthy though, unlike Lo. Theo is a major game changer and although we only got to see that in the opening game against the Rockets, we will be fools to trade him right now unless we get a comparable player at C in return.....Lo is not that guy. Getting Battier is nice, but he isnt enough of an upgrade from Ira to justify that trade. I would love to get Battier however, but not at the expense of Theo. Hell give them Dion/Toni/filler for Battier/filler......but dont give them Theo just to get him.

In reply to:

First off, reportedly Theo will be better than he has ever been this next year with this new therapy is already at 100% healed. Lo cannot even compare to Theo when both are healthy.....at least Theo is consistent when he is healthy though, unlike Lo.

Offensively, Theo cannot put up the numbers that Lo does. Defensively, Theo is good to have however, the three headed Monster at C should be considered.

In reply to:

Getting Battier is nice, but he isnt enough of an upgrade from Ira to justify that trade.

Are you kidding?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shane_battie...x.html?nav=page

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ira_newble/index.html?nav=page

Just look at the offense and defense on this comparison. Battier is a helluva lot better offensively. Almost doubles Ira's numbers. I won't even begin to talk about 3PTFG%. Then look at the defensive numbers.

1 Bpg

1.55 Spg.

These numbers are really good.

The worst part is that Battier is just a rookie. We put him in the game... Those 14 ppg could be huge. He becomes another scoring option... His shooting makes people respect him. Unlike Ira who is basically "self checked" on the offensive end.

Ira was essentially a rookie with us as well and didnt even get the benefits of having a full offseason or season with us. Next year he should be significantly better. However, I definitely think Battier is better and I would love to have him, but like I said.....he is not enough of an upgrade to justify trading Theo. If you want Battier then great, lets get him and keep Theo. That can be done. Something like

Hendu/Dion/pick(s)

for

Battier/Long

That is a deal that I could live with. Just imagine then having Theo/SAR/Battier/DJ/JT all in the game together. That is a symbiotic unit that would be just about perfect IMO.

• Premium Member

If Memphis trades Battier, they would want something that helps their team.

The thought of Theo/1st for Battier/Lo helps in 2 ways because Theo is better than Lo..(defensive) and The 1st would help them get over the 1st that they would lose.

BUT.

Hendu/Glover for Battier/Long does absolutely nothing to help them. It saddles them down with an unwanted contract and they get a SG that is no better than Dickerson or Battier right now.

As far as Ira goes, he played on somebodies pro team last yr. rookie for us is ???? He's a pro. To compare him to Battier and say tht they are close is laughable. Battier is far better defensively and offensively Battier has range on his shot. Battier is a guy who could open the floor for our other scorers. In the future, Battier would be even better than his rookie season. So I believe that Battier and Lo for Theo and 1st is a very good deal for Both teams. Very good. Especially if Memphis gets Dunleavy Jr.

for a trade that brings us Lo/Battier in return, but that second part of your original trade to get Harvey and Batteer is no good IMO. Still though, I would rather trade away a package of our second tier guys to get Battier/Long/salary filler......we have enough guys with Nazr/Toni/Hendu/Dion/etc plus picks next year to make that happen if/when they draft Dunleavy. As a matter of fact, I am quickly seeing how likely this deal may be. Battier isnt Wests guy, he is Knights guy, and we all know Pete loves Shane. Shane fits with our corp 4 like a glove. We know that West loves Dunleavy and he has made it no secret that he wants to draft him. I would not be shocked to see us acquire him at all, but we arent going to give up Theo/SAR/JT/Slim to get him. Anyone else on the team is far from untouchable though.

For our sake Dolfan I hope you are right about Battier. I would love to have him with the Hawks next year. It would be as if we were getting our 3rd overall pick back from Memphis,However wouldn't West want to have Battier and Dunleavy on the same team(if he decides to draft Dunleavy).

I know that Shane might go cheap but If we come to the table, West will want Theo. Truth of the matter is that West can trade Battier anywhere. He could send Battier to Washington for Heywood/ future first if he so desired. And being that Jordan is in limbo as to coming back, Washington would consider it.

But I wouldn't be mad if it took Theo/1st to get Battier/Lo.

We both know that Battier fits this team perfectly. Pete like Battier. And LO isn't that bad. As for his consistency, he's been more consistent than Theo. I am willing to bet money that if West gets Dunleavy, Battier or Dickerson is on the next thing smoking.

That's not even ruling out: Swift/Dickerson for Jones...

Think of that:

Theo/Gasol/Dunleavy Jr./Jones/Williams?

Scary.

But even worse is:

Lo/SAR/Battier/Slim/JT.

Who could score with us??

And

Lonzo/Swift/Jackson/Dickerson/House??

Both Battier and Dunleavy play the same position.

Dunleavy may be better.

West wants E Jones too. I think he's going to use Dickerson and Swift to get him.

That would mean that at C, they would still have LO.

An upgrade of that is Theo.....

I would imagine that West is probably asking about Theo and other Cs better than Lo. ONe thing that West is is Shrewd. I wouldn't even be surprise to see him put together a package for Vlade!