• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Hortford is the 'heart and soul' of this current Hawks team

hawks21

I would definitely try to go ahead and sign Horford to a long-term deal, and build around Horford. And if that means trading the tempermental Josh Smith and the Marvin williams for a Carmelo Anthony or other players who can help the Hawks, then maybe GM SUND should go ahead and do so.

Hortford brings on-court leadership, and even though Josh Smith has his moments, Hortford should be seen as the FUTURE moving forward.

• Like 3

I would definitely try to go ahead and sign Horford to a long-term deal, and build around Horford. And if that means trading the tempermental Josh Smith and the Marvin williams for a Carmelo Anthony or other players who can help the Hawks, then maybe GM SUND should go ahead and do so.

Hortford brings on-court leadership, and even though Josh Smith has his moments, Hortford should be seen as the FUTURE moving forward.

Let's remember - AL (as a center) was involved in the epic (record setting) destruction of the Hawks by the ORL team...prior to ORL getting their arses kicked by Boston, and then later Boston lost to the LAL.

While I love Al's play - he is 6-9 1/2 and isn't a center - to be honest he isn't even a really tall PF (like KG).

Let's remember - AL (as a center) was involved in the epic (record setting) destruction of the Hawks by the ORL team...prior to ORL getting their arses kicked by Boston, and then later Boston lost to the LAL.

While I love Al's play - he is 6-9 1/2 and isn't a center - to be honest he isn't even a really tall PF (like KG).

The Hawks have played better against the Magic this year. Al Hortford is a building block moving forward, but this team needs another impact post player who can score and committed to playing defense and battling Dwight Howard or Kevin Garnett or Kendrick Perkins.

GM SUND has to make some moves. Josh Smith is an immensely talented, but flawed and emotionally unstable player ON THE COURT. WE ALL SAW HOW JOSH MELTED DOWN AGAINST ORLANDO IN LAST SEASON'S PLAYOFFS.

Hortford, despite being under-sized brings a mature, aggressive, and athletic style of play from a winning program at Florida...and has continued thus far in Atlanta.. THIS IS WHERE Hortford and Josh separate as players, and this is where GM SUND has to find a player who can pick up where Josh Smith left off and be more consistent and better in other areas of the game.

I know it is not possible to get a player such as Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge, but his growth as a player is type of growth we need from a player such as Josh Smith. Smith still shoots an inordinate amount of jumpers, gets mad when things go wrong (ON THE COURT) and neutralizes all the good things he does with his erratic play.

Edited by hawks21

Only thing that saddens me more than that epic loss is our own fans fluxing up his name and still calling him stuff like Hortford on these very boards. :doh:

Well HFL ...I wouldn't worry too much about the occasional mis-spelling. I have a fairly large amount of posts and make a mistake now andthen...I even run words together accasionally....this isn't an English Class pal.:kickcan:

Baloney.

Teams have missed better players than Al and have managed to score more than 59 points in a game.

The team got killed by Orlando in the playoffs last year with Al playing.

The problem is this team can't handle success and maintain momentum. If they get a "big win" you can almost rest assured that they will come out soon after and play a very terrible game.

These guys are losers. That's all their is too it. Some people will claim that they win a fairly high number of games, but this team has far too many embarrassing performances.

Ownership needs to have a fire sale because this team is boring, unmotivated, dumb, past their high point and are no threat to a team that has a real shot at a title.

• Like 1

The Hawks played pretty decent ball when JJ was hurt, Horford misses 1 game and we look like the Cavs on a bad night for even them. Horford wouldn't have made up a 41 point difference but the confidence and attitude he exudes on this team would have made the score much much closer, maybe like 15 or so. He means just that much to this team and i have said this since his rookie season........he means more than anyone on this team including Josh and JJ. He is the #1 player on this team that we can ill afford to lose for any extent. I have absolutely no confidence in this team without him. Josh is a distant 2nd in that category.

Edited by HawkFoLife

The Hawks played pretty decent ball when JJ was hurt, Horford misses 1 game and we look like the Cavs on a bad night for even them. Horford wouldn't have made up a 41 point difference but the confidence and attitude he exudes on this team would have made the score much much closer, maybe like 15 or so. He means just that much to this team and i have said this since his rookie season........he means more than anyone on this team including Josh and JJ. He is the #1 player on this team that we can ill afford to lose for any extent. I have absolutely no confidence in this team without him. Josh is a distant 2nd in that category.

When JJ was hurt in early December, the Hawks' assist totals were up, and the team spread the scoring around. However, the impact of Horford on this Hawks' team is felt even more. The Hawks hung around for a little while in the first half, but the team seem to lose its aggressiveness in regard to driving to the basket and having more of stronger inside presence--defensively.

The only highlight in the second half was JORDAN Crawford stealing the ball from Chris Paul, and streaking down the court for an alley-oop. The Hawks lacked energy, and look really while getting totally blown out.

You're so inconsistent with the way you spell "Horford" It's NOT HorTford.

Even though I apologize for adding one extra letter to Al's last name, but this team plays differently when HORFORD (LOL) is absent from the starting lineup.

Edited by hawks21