• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks @ Pistons

CWebb

• Admin

I honestly think Stuckey might be a worse defender then Bibby...man Mike just got to the basket with ease tonight. Stuckey was Matador tonight.

Great games by Smith and Bibby

Marvin really stood out off the bench.

I don't understand the Piston's adjustment...they went small in the 4th and it killed them. Al was in foul trouble and we didn't even need to put him in.

Crawford has been awful for a while now...

The all star break can't come soon enough. Hopefully our guys will come back with a renewed vengeance next week

Game ball has to go to Smith. Not many players can have the kind of all around game that he played tonight....

Smoove said in the postgame interview that he intends to play hard every game the rest of the year to prove to EC coaches that he should have been an all-star pick.

Not sure if he intends to also play hard against WC teams or plans on going all out and simply play hard in every game.

What a dumb statement - :rolleyes:

(P.S. - great win though and great game by Smoove)

Edited by DJlaysitup

Smoove said in the postgame interview that he intends to play hard every game the rest of the year to prove to EC coaches that he should have been an all-star pick.

Not sure if he intends to also play hard against WC teams or plans on going all out and simply play hard in every game.

What a dumb statement - :rolleyes:

(P.S. - great win though and great game by Smoove)

FYI, He's been bringing it for a while which is why the Josh bashing has been so funny.

2011 stats through 19 games

18.5 PPG

9.5 RPG

3 APG

1.21 SPG

1.21 BPG

47.7 FG%

32% 3PT%

2.52 TPG (turnovers)

Last 10 games

19.9 PPG

9.2 RPG

3.1 APG

1.3 SPG

1.4 BPG

53.6 FG%

30% 3PT%

2.7 TPG (turnovers)

Another FYI - Most of the last 10 games have been playing significant time at the Small Forward.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

• Admin

FYI, He's been bringing it for a while which is why the Josh bashing has been so funny.

2011 stats through 19 games

18.5 PPG

9.5 RPG

3 APG

1.21 SPG

1.21 BPG

47.7 FG%

32% 3PT%

2.52 TPG (turnovers)

Last 10 games

19.9 PPG

9.2 RPG

3.1 APG

1.3 SPG

1.4 BPG

53.6 FG%

30% 3PT%

2.7 TPG (turnovers)

Another FYI - Most of the last 10 games have been playing significant time at the Small Forward.

still don't like him at the sf. He belongs at the PF

We should keep in mind that the Hawks have only played 5 games in 2011 against winning teams. Putting up big numbers against the Wizards, Pistons and Bobcats is nice but lets see if he can keep this up against good teams.

Edited by exodus
  • Like 1

We should keep in mind that the Hawks have only played 5 games in 2011 against winning teams. Putting up big numbers against the Wizards, Pistons and Bobcats is nice but lets see if he can keep this up against good teams.

We should probably also keep in mind JJ has been putting up Marvin like numbers since he made the all-star team against the same competition.

Fair is fair!!!

Joe "the 120 million dollar man" Johnson's last 5 games against that same competition.

13.8 ppg

3.6 RPG

4.8 APG

28.6 3PT%

41.2 FG%

2 total steals and no blocks.

2.8 T/O per game

• Like 1

We should probably also keep in mind JJ has been putting up Marvin like numbers since he made the all-star team against the same competition.

Fair is fair!!!

Joe "the 120 million dollar man" Johnson's last 5 games against that same competition.

13.8 ppg

3.6 RPG

4.8 APG

28.6 3PT%

41.2 FG%

2.8 T/O per game

You are comparing a sample size of 5 games to a sample size of 18 games. Is that your idea of an apples to apples comparison?

JJ has consistently played well against good teams. Last year his big games were in tight games against good teams, not walkovers against losing teams.

Edited by exodus

Fair is fair!!!

13.8 ppg

3.6 RPG

4.8 APG

28.6 3PT%

41.2 FG%

2.8 T/O per game

To be even more fair...Horford since Jan 1.

14.67 PPG

10.0 RPG

4.48 APG

1.33 BPG

.67 SPG

55.3% FG%

1.29 T/O

Al's numbers against those same teams have trailed a bit except for Rebounds and Assists.

and Cap....I know what you're saying about having him at the 4 but the advantages of having him at the 3 and having a true center in the game far outweigh his ability to cover wings off the dribble.

You are comparing a sample size of 5 games to a sample size of 18 games. Is that your idea of an apples to apples comparison?

JJ has consistently played well against good teams. Last year his big games were in tight games against good teams, not walkovers against losing teams.

JJ is a choke artist!!!

Only because I didn't want the "JJ trying to make the all star game and shooting 20 times a game" stretch in Dec/Jan not ruin the sample. We've seen JJ enough to know he'll get his stats during the year by volume shooting and then evaporate in April.

Edited by thecampster

JJ is a choke artist!!!

Only because I didn't want the "JJ trying to make the all star game and shooting 20 times a game" stretch in Dec/Jan not ruin the sample. We've seen JJ enough to know he'll get his stats during the year by volume shooting and then evaporate in April.

I suggest you check last years game logs before you dig your hole any deeper.

Man, some people will say anything they can to avoid giving Josh Smith props.

I know you're not talking about me. Before camp even posted i said few people can play the all around game that Smith did tonight regardless of the competition.

• Premium Member

I like the fact that Josh is proving he can be an impact player at both forward positions. He's not a true 3, but neither is he a true 4. He's a combo forward (tweener). I think LD can continue to use this to his advantage by playing him at the 3 against teams with physical 4 men and more at 4 against teams who have finesse players at the 4.

I suggest you check last years game logs before you dig your hole any deeper.

I know you're not talking about me. Before camp even posted i said few people can play the all around game that Smith did tonight regardless of the competition.

I'm comparing 5 years of watching him miss game winners, seeing others tip in his missed shots (I can think of Josh doing this twice last year alone), and a yearly repeat performance of him disappearing in the playoffs.

I'm comparing 5 years of watching him miss game winners, seeing others tip in his missed shots (I can think of Josh doing this twice last year alone), and a yearly repeat performance of him disappearing in the playoffs.

Then you have a bad memory. JJ averaged 23 ppg over the first 6 games against the Bucks. And remember that he said his elbow injury goes back to last season.

Last year during clutch time JJ shot 46.6% from the field, 40% from 3 and 92% from the line. He was 8th in the league in clutch time scoring.

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

Smith scored less than half as many clutch points as JJ, shooting 43%.

Here is JJ "disappearing" in game 6 against the Celtics.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nheRrtNOcnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smith was 3-8 from the field in that game with 6 turnovers.

Edited by exodus