• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ramon Sessions is Fools Gold

NJHAWK

He is the Glenn Robinson of pg's. Is that better. I wasnt really comparing his game to Vaughns. Just saying like that year we will still not have a pg even if we get Sessions. We are better off without Sessions because he is a losing type player.

Edited by NJHAWK

Sessions is fools gold ?

Only a fool would think Sessions is "gold" in the 1st place. Sessions is what he is.......an obvious upgrade to Teague and a guy who can help Bibby share the load at PG. Nothing more and nothing less. Hell, I'd gladly take Sessions for Evans / Teague.

Sessions is not worth given up Teague or Jordan for. There is a reason he was once in the D League. There is a reason the TWolves did not hesitate to get rid of him even though they don't have the greatest PG situation. The reason is he does not always play to the level of whatever numbers you see that make you think he is a upgrade. Add the fact that he has never seen the type of pressure the playoffs will bring, or a team trying to make the playoffs is under, He is far from a sure upgrade over Teague, and he is definitely not a upgrade over Bibby considering Bibby has the battle scares to prove he has been there done that.

• Like 1

Sessions is not worth given up Teague or Jordan for. There is a reason he was once in the D League. There is a reason the TWolves did not hesitate to get rid of him even though they don't have the greatest PG situation.

The TWolves ran a Triangle and I'm not sure if you are aware of this but they happened to of drafted two PGs in the early lottery as well. Why hold on to a player that 1) doesn't fit a system that only requires it's PGs to be Mike Bibby and not actually handle the ball or set players up 2) hold on to a long contract when you already have one PG bitching about being the man when he finally decides to show up to town in addition to the one you are paying 4 mil to just suck.

The guy is a baller and has worked his way up in the league, don't try to use the fact that he was in the DLeague as a detraction when plenty here agree that both Jordan and Teague should be down there themselves so they can get PT. The guy has actually won games for his teams while our young'ns struggle to put up 10 points in extended garbage time.

The TWolves ran a Triangle and I'm not sure if you are aware of this but they happened to of drafted two PGs in the early lottery as well. Why hold on to a player that 1) doesn't fit a system that only requires it's PGs to be Mike Bibby and not actually handle the ball or set players up 2) hold on to a long contract when you already have one PG bitching about being the man when he finally decides to show up to town in addition to the one you are paying 4 mil to just suck.

The guy is a baller and has worked his way up in the league, don't try to use the fact that he was in the DLeague as a detraction when plenty here agree that both Jordan and Teague should be down there themselves so they can get PT. The guy has actually won games for his teams while our young'ns struggle to put up 10 points in extended garbage time.

I am fully aware that Jonny Flynn is rumored to be on the trade market. I am fully aware the Rubio is not interested in playing in Minny. I am fully aware that the TWolves are not stable at PG and they got rid of a guy that Hawks message boards are touting as our hope of getting to the ECF. What a joke.

I am fully aware that Jonny Flynn is rumored to be on the trade market. I am fully aware the Rubio is not interested in playing in Minny. I am fully aware that the TWolves are not stable at PG and they got rid of a guy that Hawks message boards are touting as our hope of getting to the ECF. What a joke.

I believe the T-wolves traded Sessions after the draft and before Flynn had his injury and he has not been able to regain his form, that's why he is on the trade block. Rubio may not be inerested in playing in Minny, but until such time he belongs to them, so they didn't need Session (Minny is dumb any way)

Don't knock Sessions because he went the D-League route, at least he is now here in the NBA and productive. No one is touting him as the saviour but if you have a chance to trade Teague and Mo for him you do it.

Sessions averages 12 points and 5 assists....Teague and Mo combined don't average that. Sessions will be what Teague should have been for us, a PG off the bench to run the offense and hit shots and can get to the rim consistently.

Getting Sessions would be like when we traded Speedy and Acie for Jamal...Productive vs unproductive,,,and he is only 24 years old.,,,last 10 games 17pts, 8 assists in 33 minutes

Edited by jaybird

I believe the T-wolves traded Sessions after the draft and before Flynn had his injury and he has not been able to regain his form, that's why he is on the trade block. Rubio may not be inerested in playing in Minny, but until such time he belongs to them, so they didn't need Session (Minny is dumb any way)

Don't knock Sessions because he went the D-League route, at least he is now here in the NBA and productive. No one is touting him as the saviour but if you have a chance to trade Teague and Mo for him you do it.

Sessions averages 12 points and 5 assists....Teague and Mo combined don't average that. Sessions will be what Teague should have been for us, a PG off the bench to run the offense and hit shots and can get to the rim consistently.

Getting Sessions would be like when we traded Speedy and Acie for Jamal...Productive vs unproductive,,,and he is only 24 years old.,,,last 10 games 17pts, 8 assists in 33 minutes

I disagree on Sessions the guy has never played meaningful NBA minutes. Never been a team trying to do what we are trying to do. I seriously doubt if playoff teams allow him to get to the bucket at will when it counts. It's so easy to fool the general public which is basically what the OP meant. Sessions has one good game against a legit playoff team and fools start thinking he can do that with a playoff team when the intensity gets kicked up. It's more likely that Shaq, Perkins, or KG will slam him to the floor breaking his neck before they let him run to the rim all night .

At 19.06, Sessions is ranked 9th among PG's in the NBA in PER rating (PER explained here, What is PER?) behind only Paul, Westbrook, Nash, Rose, Deron, Tony Parker and Steph Curry, so he is putting up an excellent NBA season and is just 24 years old. He would be an upgrade over Mike Bibby across the board (much quicker, better defender, better distributor and better scorer), so if we can get him at a reasonable rate, in my opinion it would be really stupid not to do so.

• Premium Member

He is the Glenn Robinson of pg's. Is that better. I wasnt really comparing his game to Vaughns. Just saying like that year we will still not have a pg even if we get Sessions. We are better off without Sessions because he is a losing type player.

Hm. Right. And Jamal is a winner for sure. Would be better off without him as well? I mean, not right now, but when we traded for him?

• Premium Member

I disagree on Sessions the guy has never played meaningful NBA minutes. Never been a team trying to do what we are trying to do. I seriously doubt if playoff teams allow him to get to the bucket at will when it counts. It's so easy to fool the general public which is basically what the OP meant. Sessions has one good game against a legit playoff team and fools start thinking he can do that with a playoff team when the intensity gets kicked up. It's more likely that Shaq, Perkins, or KG will slam him to the floor breaking his neck before they let him run to the rim all night .

Once more... Jamal is a loser, he has laid some eggs in the playoffs and yet there are people willing to ship Marvin in order to be able to resign him. So why not take Sessins, a "loser", to run the offfense, since all we got @ PG is crap? Sessions is a definite upgrade, getting him on the cheap should be a no-brainer. Not to mention we would never have to see Mo in a Hawks uni again.

Edited by BrazilianHawk