• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford considering playing overseas.

Robdawg

With all of the trade talk going on in the NBA (apparently everyone BUT the Hawks) I saw this article on HoopsHype about Horford considering playing overseas. Man it's good to be a Hawk lol...

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/2011/02/18/al-horford-playing-overseas-theres-a-chance/

Didn't Kobe say the same thing ?

Yeah I think he did last year? I'm not too sure. Either way I highly doubt it will happen, Al's in a pretty good situation here in ATL and it sounds like it will only be a last resort. Either way, it's kinda scary that he's even talking about it you know?

Smart guys will keep multiple options open. Al is the only player I care for on this team (and a focused Jamal, who isn't here this year), so I want him to maximize his career. If it's somewhere other than here, I'll live with it and follow his success like The Jet. I think he'd be perfect in a Spurs uniform with tutelage from Pop, Timmy, and even David. Last night he just looked a little tired mentally from playing with this group and for this staff. If many of the same people are in place a year before his contract is up, I wouldn't be surprised, nor mad if he made it clear he's leaving. Good for him.

Edited by benhillboy

To me, Al's a winner. If the Hawks can't deliver then it's best for him to explore his options...even though it would be heartbreaking to not see him in a Hawks uni.

Edited by Robdawg