• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Armstrong reminds me of the first version of Lo Wright we had here

HawkItus

• Premium Member

Anthony, I see you're fairly new around here. Take this in the spirit it is meant, okay?... That is, to anoint oneself as the thread critic and proceed to tell others how superfluous their new topic is, is to be more than a little hypocritical, in that, no one really cares what any one individual thinks about your opinion of the new thread topic. And so, if you have something substantive to add, by all means do so... but you only make yourself the butt of your own commentary when you pretend that your own superfluous reply is somehow less superfluous than the topic you believe to be superfluous.

Back to the topic at-hand...

I've never thought Armstrong to have a whole lot more to offer than what Josh Powell does... though I also have to admit that I was stunned to realize that the guy isn't older than he is... just seems like he should be in his 8th year by now to me.

• Like 1

From a looks standpoint yes..........from a production stand point it will probably be more like the Lo Wright that was here on his 2nd trip. Lo had some real skills for 6'11'' player in his prime.

Armstrong is a good athlete but doesn't have any post game or mid range game.

May Lo rest in peace.

Edited by coachx

I just don't see Hilton Armstrong being much..

I'm not new. I've been on this website for like 5 or 6 years, I just never posted until 2008.

Would you like to use "superfluous" one more time? I'll wait and let you use it, since it's the only word in your vocab. Go ahead.

RIP Lorenz I was at a basketball camp with him in my younger years in Memphis Tenn. Hilton is a filler and that's all, some people are trying to hype or justify this lateral move by Sund and the ASG, just leave it alone, you can't make it any better or worse than it is. It's horrible, leave it there and stop trying to create something that is not here. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

• Like 1

From a looks standpoint yes..........from a production stand point it will probably be more like the Lo Wright that was here on his 2nd trip. Lo had some real skills for 6'11'' player in his prime.

May he rest in peace.

True, I doubt seriously he can compare to the young Lo. But, the energy and athleticism I think he can clearly match. Sometimes I think that is the difference between this team now and that spunky squad that took Boston to 4. We need a lively big around the basket that just mixes it up. Josh used to do this until he discovered the jump shot.

RIP Lorenz I was at a basketball camp with him in my younger years in Memphis Tenn.

+1

Hilton is a filler and that's all, some people are trying to hype or justify this lateral move by Sund and the ASG, just leave it alone, you can't make it any better or worse than it is. It's horrible, leave it there and stop trying to create something that is not here. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

There are a couple of things that I like about Hilton and one is that he doesn't need plays run for him since he's not that skilled on the block, but he's very good with put backs and since 99% of our shots are jumpers anyway he should be able to produce fairly well with all of our misses. The other is that we'll finally have a bench player who can actually block some shots and even if he doesn't block a lot the mere possibility of him blocking the shot should make someone think twice about trying to get easy layups.

True, I doubt seriously he can compare to the young Lo. But, the energy and athleticism I think he can clearly match. Sometimes I think that is the difference between this team now and that spunky squad that took Boston to 4. We need a lively big around the basket that just mixes it up. Josh used to do this until he discovered the jump shot.

Ya, it will be nice to have a C who can finish at the rim other then Horford. We know ZaZa just goes up hoping for a foul.

I know this is a highlight video...but at least he looks more active than any of the current center backup, have a lil post move, crashes the glass on offensive misses....I guess we'll se what he's got on Friday...can't wait.

I know this is a highlight video...but at least he looks more active than any of the current center backup, have a lil post move, crashes the glass on offensive misses....I guess we'll se what he's got on Friday...can't wait.

Hell as long as he can catch the ball and at least try and block shots he'll be an upgrade over what we've seen from Zaza this year.