• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bulls fans thoughts on Kirk Hinrich trade

GameTime

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1094940

Kirk vs Jamal Part Two. Awww yeaaah.

I'm sure Crawford CAN'T be happy....

Depending on the deal...Atlanta could be looking good....

If Kirk goes and Jamal stays there, can we plumb the archives for the Kirk vs. Jamal threads and send them to the Atlanta board?

Hinrich will finally prove once and for all that he is indeed a point guard, and not a combo. Good trade by Atlanta.

I spent the better part of last year (when I was one of the few who believed a Boozer/Johnson [but not on that contract] haul would mark a wildly successful summer) saying that Atlanta would actually get better by doing a sign and trade of Johnson to Chicago while promoting Crawford to starter and acquiring Kirk Hinrich.

Hinrich is EXACTLY what that team needs. This is a great deal for Kirk, but of more concern it is a perfect deal for the Hawks. This makes them significantly better, in my opinion. Not just a little better.

They were pitted against each other for the starter role, which Hinrich won.

So, this shouldn't be a problem then... Jamal is a combo guard and pretty much everything I read says Kirk is a PG. Plus, the only way Jamal was going to start is if Joe was traded (I'm pretty sure he realizes this).

Its not like Jamal isn't going to get minutes.

Looks like this could be a non-issue unless there is some animosity between the two guys. Crawford seems to like the role of being sixth man, and Captain Kirk would be PG. I see this lineup at the end of games - JJ, Kirk, Jamal, Al, Josh. The one question is if Jamal is still upset about not getting an extension, and may see this as a slap in face. But I'm guessing he'd still like to stay, so maybe he's over that.

this will help the hawks in my opinion. they will both get to play their positions. most athletes don't get along when a situation happened like the one in chicago. now that they're on the same, a better team, and getting play their natural positions, both of them will be more competitive to show each other who's the boss at their positions. most athletes may hate each other when situations happen like this, but love each other once they both get what they want. why? because they are pretty much the same people. i don't know if i explained this right, but in other words, i think this will be great and help us out. both of them will be playing much better now.

these are grown *ss men and pro's! give me a break! If they have beef cause of who is starting thats got to be the stupidest thing ever! Kirk is a pg and crawford is a SG. Crawford should like coming off the bench its best for him and Kirk should be the starter cause we need that defense and floor general skill set on the floor with the starters. If they do actually still have beef! winning will cure that! if it continues then trades are always there!....personally I think that beef s*** with these two is old news and it wont happen here. Both players just have to accept their role and duties. nobody said anything about Kobe and Ron when they got togeather or when Matt Barnes came to LA! that team gets mad everyday prob cause phil and kobe arent push overs they say what they have to say good or bad! but in the end doesnt it work out for them.........(LA back to back reigning champs)

That happened a long time ago I am sure they are over it by now (if there was ever a beef). I personally cant wait to see Kirk and Crawford on the court together, should be some flashy basketball. Imagine a small lineup of:

Kirk pg

Jamal sg

Joe sf

Josh pf

Al c

CANT WAIT....

:Nail Biting:

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

Kirk and Marvin both got T's for jawing at each other last season.

He and Hawks forward Marvin Williams went at it during a game in Chicago last season, with both earning technical fouls.

"I've always been a super fan of Kirk," Williams said. "Watching him at Kansas, he just competes, man. In college, coach [Roy] Williams would always make reference to Kirk

Here's that Jamal quote:

“It’s tough to tell now [how the trade will work]. Mike was the leader at point guard for a while. Jordan has a bright future. Mo is just solid, gives you defense and 3-point shooting. But I played with Kirk Hinrich [in Chicago] and I know what he’s about.”