• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HIGHLY ACTIVE, FINALLY!

QuantumHawkz

• Premium Member

"I felt that we really made an effort to contest and challenge every shot. It's a little frustrating for me, because I wish that we played like this all the time. I hope there's no looking back now. We saw how we can play. Now we have to be able to keep it up."

-- Al Horford on the Hawks' defensive performance. "I'm not concerned about whether he makes or misses shots. . . . The biggest threat [from] him is when he utilizes his speed and his quickness, and when he harasses people defensively. That's two straight games where I've thought he's done a really good job with his energy."

-- Larry Drew on Teague.

By Geoff Lepper, for NBA.com

FINALLY, THE -HAWKS -HAS COMEBACK -TO THEIR OLD SELFS!!!!!!!!!( in the rocks vocie) Where has this team been? don't know or care. Iam just glad we're playing like the REAL atlanta hawks. look i know i sound like a broken record, but the facts are the facts. The hawks make up with their lack of size with being HIGHLY ACTIVE AND SCRAPPY ON THE DEFENSIVE END. Keep it up hawks and i see no reason why we can't make it pass the second round. GOOD WIN,BETTER EFFORT!

Edited by QuantumHawkz

I love our new PG. That's what we have needed for quiet some time. He brings speed - quickness

that we have really needed. Hawks just look like a different team with him playing PG.

Then, last night, he had a a new back up PG. Captain Kirk looked like he had been here all

the time. He's going to be a great addition.

JT sure looked like he belonged. Impressive.

GO HAWKS!!

:line dance:

Great game by the Hawks last night! That is the way we started the season this year. Hate to say it but I think knowing that everyone was on the trading block (with the exception of Joe and Al), may have lit a fire under some of their a$$es. Either play hard or get rid of them. Do you hear that Marvin (oops, he is so bad, no one wants him).

I'll say it again, when Kirk stepped on the floor in the 1st with the lineup of Kirk/Craw/JJ/Smoove/Horf, this team was executing perfectly. Perfect ball movement, they were VERY FAST, the defense was perfect.... to me, it looked like Kirk had been with the team all along. I cannot wait until he starts.

I love our new PG. That's what we have needed for quiet some time. He brings speed - quickness

that we have really needed. Hawks just look like a different team with him playing PG.

Then, last night, he had a a new back up PG. Captain Kirk looked like he had been here all

the time. He's going to be a great addition.

JT sure looked like he belonged. Impressive.

GO HAWKS!!

line dance.gif

Yeah GM...that was fun. I actually haven't followed Kirk all that much since the Chicago days. I Always thought he was a fairly standard 6-1 1/2" coaches kid who survived on his brains. I'm VERY please to see that he is 6-4" and wiry strong and much faster than I expected.

I guess I should have known that since he was always rated as a top quality defensive PG.