• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague's shot?

Frenzy

Guest Squawker

How come it seems like his jumpshot is awful now, when in college he was actually a pretty good shooter. Is it a confidence problem, or a mechanics problem?

Confidence

• Like 3

How come it seems like his jumpshot is awful now, when in college he was actually a pretty good shooter. Is it a confidence problem, or a mechanics problem?

It seems like it's about confidence, I saw a mix where Jeff was able to pull up on the break for college three pointers. Granted, they are college three pointers but it shows that Teague can shoot if he has the confidence to do so.

Big confidence issue, or he could just be rusty from now getting enough minutes. Who knows. Maybe a combination of both. The fact remains that Teague should be getting more minutes now(at least, I hope so).

Side note: I wonder who's starting tonight?

Edited by Boss
  • Like 1

Big confidence issue, or he could just be rusty from now getting enough minutes. Who knows. Maybe a combination of both. The fact remains that Teague should be getting more minutes now(at least, I hope so).

Side note: I wonder who's starting tonight?

lol i swear you have the best signature lol

• Like 1

Mechanics. He's mediocre on wide open attempts but off the dribble and contested jumpers are surefire airballs, bricks or blocks. His release is too low and he compounds it with zero elevation, it's pretty much a set push shot. It may have worked in college against smaller, less lengthy and less athletic players but in the NBA even the scrubbiest scrub would dominate your rec team. He's either going to have to make his release point higher (why not considering his freak arm length?) or jump higher (again why not considering his leaping ability?) if not both in order to make that a consistant part of his repertoire at this level. Some may say confidence but having guys in your grill forcing you out of you comfort zone has more to do with that than a coach sitting you. It's a transition period for every player once they realize what helped them dominate at the amateur level is not going to work at the pro level.

• Like 2

Mechanics. He's mediocre on wide open attempts but off the dribble and contested jumpers are surefire airballs, bricks or blocks. His release is too low and he compounds it with zero elevation, it's pretty much a set push shot. It may have worked in college against smaller, less lengthy and less athletic players but in the NBA even the scrubbiest scrub would dominate your rec team. He's either going to have to make his release point higher (why not considering his freak arm length?) or jump higher (again why not considering his leaping ability?) if not both in order to make that a consistant part of his repertoire at this level. Some may say confidence but having guys in your grill forcing you out of you comfort zone has more to do with that than a coach sitting you. It's a transition period for every player once they realize what helped them dominate at the amateur level is not going to work at the pro level.

if it were mechanics he would have shot poorly in previous basketball years. no matter what level, its still a ball and a basket. it's all confidence

if it were mechanics he would have shot poorly in previous basketball years. no matter what level, its still a ball and a basket. it's all confidence

His shot mechanic is the same, it's flat with zero elevation. The defenders on the other hand are not and his confidence is shook because he can't get shots off on them due to his poor mechanics. This may not have been evident to him in high school or college but clearly at this level he has to change them. No amount of bravado is going to keep that shot from being less than easily defended.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's definitely a combination of both. Since he has started his confidence has been great but his shot is still pretty crappy, which indicates that there are definitely problems with the shot beyond just confidence. As has been mentioned the dude can't shoot anything but a set shot, I mean I seriously recall him making 2 or maybe 3 shots in his entire NBA career of off the dribble which is a bit ridiculous at this level for a PG. If Teague can work on his jumpshot (keyword JUMP) during the summer and develops an actual pro-level shot he can yet turn out to be a very good player.