• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's starting tonight?

I've been a fan of starting Teague with the starters because Jamal hogs the ball too much when Teague is on the floor. For this game however The Captain might be the better option because of Andre Miller, dude plays like a bull in a china shop and loves to post up smaller guards. Kirk at 6'-4" would fare better than JT...Thoughts?

Edited by jaybird

• Premium Member

MC had indicated that Kirk would be starting in order to match up with Andre better.

Along those lines, he also said in a couple of different places that LD will be tinkering with the rotation again, evidently including a change to the primary starting line-up... and fwiw, I'm anticipating he might go with Teague and Kirk, moving JJ to SF... but maybe that's just me(?).

Reading that Blazers will have Wallace in uniform tonight and that Camby is back from injury... fun stuff.

Edited by sturt

MC had indicated that Kirk would be starting in order to match up with Andre better.

Along those lines, he also said in a couple of different places that LD will be tinkering with the rotation again, evidently including a change to the primary starting line-up... and fwiw, I'm anticipating he might go with Teague and Kirk, moving JJ to SF... but maybe that's just me(?).

Reading that Blazers will have Wallace in uniform tonight and that Camby is back from injury... fun stuff.

A line-up of Teague/Kirk/JJ makes us kinda small going against Miller/Matthews/Batum/Wallace/Aldridge. I think we need Marvin on Wallace.

Teague isn't ready to start full time, but he is capable of handling 15-20 mins a night backing up Hinrich without our team self-destructing.

If LD is thinking of changing anything in the starting lineup, it probably needs to include Marvin to the bench...but then that means either Collins starts at C or a guy like Wilkins starts at SF while being easily undersized every night there.

Sturt, I can see your thinking regarding a combo of Teague and Hinrich starting. Hinrich at SG, which is inferior to him playing PG, might give LD reason to think our D would be great if Teague--when ready to start full time--could man the PG spot. But that's the thing, Teague has started the last two games out of necessity...we had no other [relatively] pure PG on our team to do it. And if Teague was ready to emerge as a starter soon, Drew would have been playing him more. But he didn't.

We will see what LD has in store. Of course, it could be little more than the lip service he paid us when he last said he would tweak the lineup and make changes.

• Premium Member

A line-up of Teague/Kirk/JJ makes us kinda small going against Miller/Matthews/Batum/Wallace/Aldridge. I think we need Marvin on Wallace.

I didn't say that just right... I didn't mean it that LD would make that change for tonight... obviously it doesn't help to start Kirk at PG vs. Andre, and play Teague vs. their 2... I just mean that he's intending to change up his conventional rotation.

I didn't say that just right... I didn't mean it that LD would make that change for tonight... obviously it doesn't help to start Kirk at PG vs. Andre, and play Teague vs. their 2... I just mean that he's intending to change up his conventional rotation.

cool

• Premium Member

Teague isn't ready to start full time, but he is capable of handling 15-20 mins a night backing up Hinrich without our team self-destructing.

If LD is thinking of changing anything in the starting lineup, it probably needs to include Marvin to the bench...but then that means either Collins starts at C or a guy like Wilkins starts at SF while being easily undersized every night there.

Sturt, I can see your thinking regarding a combo of Teague and Hinrich starting. Hinrich at SG, which is inferior to him playing PG, might give LD reason to think our D would be great if Teague--when ready to start full time--could man the PG spot. But that's the thing, Teague has started the last two games out of necessity...we had no other [relatively] pure PG on our team to do it. And if Teague was ready to emerge as a starter soon, Drew would have been playing him more. But he didn't.

We will see what LD has in store. Of course, it could be little more than the lip service he paid us when he last said he would tweak the lineup and make changes.

Indeed, Marvin coming off the bench regularly is what I'm anticipating... and I rule out Collins b/c I don't really see that as being anything new. I guess you could theorize he might start Wilkins at 2 and move JJ to the 3.

Lol @ the -1 for saying Teague isn't ready to start full time (or whatever the heck it was that earned a -1).

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing how many mins Teague gets tonight. I've said it before and I'll say it again: When Hinrich starts full time, Drew should NOT bury Teague on the bench. Give him a consistent 10-15 mins a game, take away Crawford's PG duties, and let him play.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

y'all are really starting to annoy me with the negative ratings for no reason, that's why it was a stupid idea to begin with..

Laugh it off... there's nothing wrong with being controversial or contrarian.

I think she is very knowledgeable.

If you listen close enough she seems like a female disciple of Hubie but her voice does grate on my nerves and make it hard to digest the content of her commentary. Not even being sexist either,I can't stand Clark Kellog also just simply because of their voices.

I'll throw Clyde Drexler in there too on the local stage though I doubt anyone would call him knowledgeable.

We brought Kirk in here to play pg, not the 2. If I see this lineup I'm going to be pissed. Either start him at point, or let him backup Teague. Already got players out of position with Jamal at the point, and Josh at the 3.