• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is nice

Nicholasp27

When did a good trade happen? Hopefully, the rumor of Bibby being bought out is true and he returns to the Hawks. That would make this trade good considering we don't have a single knock down shooter and we already had our defensive minded PG before we made the trade.

I, for one, would be pretty happy if Bibby signs with anyone else but us. We need to find out what we have in Teague, and develop his confidence which had hit absolute rock bottom. Bibby addresses non of our weaknesses.

I agree, I'm hoping confidence helps him finish at the rim better.

When did a good trade happen? Hopefully, the rumor of Bibby being bought out is true and he returns to the Hawks. That would make this trade good considering we don't have a single knock down shooter and we already had our defensive minded PG before we made the trade.

Here is my concern: We have enough shooters. Even guys that aren't shooters are shooting more (Horford) or more than they should (Smoove). We need guys who will take it to the rim and not settle for the easy way out (jumpers).

Bringing Bibby back would mean ZERO minutes for Teague. And if we are going to be a good defensive team, we need our guards to be able to stop other guards as well. Unfortunately, Bibby cannot provide this. However, Teague has shown that he can--admittedly inconsistently.

In a perfect world, Bibby would come back...but if Teague is going to develop and be "our future," then having yet another PG in front of him (since Crawford doubles as a backup PG for us when he is on the floor with the second unit) wouldn't be prudent.

The trade was decent regardless...if we hadn't given up Crawford, I don't think there would be anybody who would have disagreed with it with a straight face.

Bibby was our best shooter because he couldn't get to the paint and create for the others, JJ would create while Bibby was standing waiting to shoot.....hopefully with Kirk or Jeff the others won't have to work so hard for shots.

Edited by jaybird

Bibby was the Kings best shooter also, Bibby played best coming off screens and when Doug Christie ran the offense. Truthfully, Bibby was used incorrectly with the Hawks like they do most of there players. Bibby is a more proven playoff guy than anyone on our current roster. Finally, Kirk Hinrich has a resume that includes leading a few teams into the lottery, let us not forget. He is not some great player that everyone else should be getting knocked but he get's praised. Furthermore, that once again leads me to my believe that he nor Teague will look exceptional with that weak bench because Hinrich has proven he can not do some type of miracle with a bad unit.

Edited by Superiorblogman