• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Road Trip in Review-- Good or Bad?

ATLHawks6

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I for one believe this team is better on both topics. Trading for Hinrich is an upgrade to every aspect when you compare him to Mike Bibby, and let's face it, we REALLY needed to upgrade that spot. That being said, our team has come out in the past few games on fire since the trade occurred, and I think it shook the locker room up because they now realize that no one is untouchable.

Our defense has been amazing the past few games, even the game against the Blazers when Kirk only scored 8 points, his defense was there and every elses was aswell. The Golden State game was a blowout and both games should have had a much more lopsided final score. We would have won the game tonight had Smoove not gone out of the game, and Hinrich had played.

We still need to address our 4th quarter issues. Iso-Joe 10 times in a row and then Iso-Crawford isn't going to get it done. Teague still looks a little clueless out there on the offensive end, but solid on defense. I believe our guards now are an amazing defensive group. Bottom line, address the 4th quarter issues and get Kirk integrated into our offense.

• Like 2

We look great since the trade. We need to go with hinrich, jj, marvin,smith, horford to finish games. Its the best defensive lineup and i dont think the offense will dropoff much without crawford in the game.

The Hawks have always played in streaks both good and bad. You almost need to be a surfer to take all the waves the Hawks throw out at you. The Hawks can win 4 games in a row and all is right in the world and we're thinking we have a chance to reach the eastern conference finals. They lose 3 games in a row and we're thinking they'll get swept in the first round. I want to see how this team performs in the next two weeks before I make any conclusions.

They've shown a great deal of energy so far after the trade but will that energy remain for the rest of the season? When they get back to Atlanta are they going to study game film or are they going to go party and get lethargic again? I would go so far to say that the upcoming homestand might be a better indicator as to where this team stands then the last few away games were.

• Like 1

Going 3 and 4 on a long Western swing isn't awful. Would we like a 5-2 trip? Absolutely, but given where the team was when they left and where they are today, 3-4 is OK. We could have won in Denver last night, but the loss of Smith & Capt Kirk pretty much killed that possibility

Now it's time to start playing well great at home. We need to make the Highlight Factory a true homecourt for the rest of the season. No more losses at home needs to be the mind set.

• Like 1

3-4 on a road trip where you have a trade, and back to back with Denver and missing Josh Smith in the 2nd half is not horrible. The 4th Q problems I put squarely on LD, its like he goes into a "prevent defense like in football". The offense becomes stagnant for several reasons because we are playing to hold the lead and not lose instead of push to win the game:

1. Tempo - They play at a slower place which takes them out of rythm (Duke does this when they have a big lead which messes the offensive flow)

2. The offense is initiated too late in the shot clock

3. Too much ISO Joe and especially Jamal which leads to a rushed/forced shot with the clock winding

4. Not enough Al Horford

5. Post entry passes are always late, when whoever posts up, the ball is always late getting there

6. Joe takes to long to recognize a double team and pass out of him and whoever i open from the double team should recognize and come to Joe for the ball

It was okay. Teague went 2-2 in starts on the road which is good IMO. Most teams will take .500 on the road. He is the player I am most intrigued and concerned with at this point because he is our best chance for internal improvement considering we gave up 2 1st rd picks to get Hinrich.