Hawks may catch a break vs. Thunder Fri night

coachx

MRI shows he has a sprained right knee.

Sweet !

Well, sweet in proper context. Much better then a tear.

Where did you hear that ? Arthur Triche's twitter perhaps ? I've been checking for MC to break the news with no luck.

Following a Wednesday MRI, Josh Smith remains day-to-day with a sprained right knee.

Now that we know there is no structural or ligament damage, owners can breathe a sigh of relief. It doesn't mean that Smith will definitely play on Friday, but there is a chance. We'll know more after Thursday's practice.

This is from rotoworld per Hawks on Twitter... Good news.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=29586

Durant's injury would be a big help for the Hawks especially if Smoove is still out.

I'm getting nervous........hope the MRI results come out today.

Normally I would say I want that other team to be full strength but those damn refs call too many fouls for Durant. :pleasantry:

I just get the feeling that the style that the Thunder plays can operate without Durant, of course not at full strength, but they should not be taken lightly at all. Unlike a lot of perimeter stars, he never brings the ball up and is more of a second option to that stud PG they have. Those bailout foul calls on his jumpers will not be missed though. Glad Kirk has a day off. I wouldn't wish Rose and Westbrook back-to-back on my worst enemy. We should pull it out, especially if the crowd brings it like yesterday. Hopefully Josh can go and Al should have another monster game because Sefalosha can shut down Joe pretty easily, who doesnt even register in the top 50 scorers anymore according to today's paper.

Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy

I just get the feeling that the style that the Thunder plays can operate without Durant, of course not at full strength, but they should not be taken lightly at all. Unlike a lot of perimeter stars, he never brings the ball up and is more of a second option to that stud PG they have. Those bailout foul calls on his jumpers will not be missed though. Glad Kirk has a day off. I wouldn't wish Rose and Westbrook back-to-back on my worst enemy. We should pull it out, especially if the crowd brings it like yesterday. Hopefully Josh can go and Al should have another monster game because Sefalosha can shut down Joe pretty easily, who doesnt even register in the top 50 scorers anymore according to today's paper.

Let's Go.

[/quot

You never miss a chance to bash Joe. His shooting has been bad this year but other areas are up. January was nice because you didnt have anything to post about.

Just stating the facts arhawk. And did you see how easy our schedule was in January with all the undersized 2 guards we played on poor teams? Nothing to be impressed about at all. Joe gives me so much fuel to bash him, I can't help it. If you think it's all right for a guy to sign for 120 and not be a top 50 scorer, then you and I probably won't agree on anything basketball related. I can only hope you live long and prosper good sir.

• Like 2

Westbrook and Harden are their only scoring threats with Durant out and Green traded. Oh, and our good friend Nate off the bench. Outside of that, their frontcourt of Nazr, Ibaka, and Collison are not known for their offense and really just a collection of more coordinated Zazas. Joe and Kirk should have no issue containing their perimeter attack especially with our bigs being able to cheat off their guys and Al should have a decent game as well. Maybe someone can trick Marvin into believing that they are still the Sonics and he goes for his career high again.

source?

Did they say how long he will be out? Josh is like a spiderman. He recovers at lightning speed.

(excerpted from Michael Cunningham-ajc):

-------------------------------------------------------------

1. Don’t count on Josh Smith playing Friday night. Larry Drew isn’t. Smith, who sat out Wednesday’s win over Chicago with his right knee ligament sprain, did not practice Thursday. Smith said the problem is the pain he feels when cutting on the knee. It’s the first game he’s missed this season.

“I’ve been blessed throughout this whole season to really not be plagued with an injury,” Smith said. “I guess it was my turn. I’m definitely frustrated. I’m a competitor and I definitely want to be out there, but my teammates were telling me just to rest my body and get myself as close to 100 percent as possible before I get back out there.”

Smith joked that he’s a player-coach and that, if he doesn’t play against the Thunder, he’ll take a seat next to Drew and help him draw up plays.

2. Drew does plan on Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant playing. Durant sprained his ankle in the Thunder’s win Wednesday against team. He was listed Thursday as doubtful to play against the Hawks.

Drew: “Let’s say I won’t lose any sleep if he didn’t play.”

(excerpted from Michael Cunningham-ajc):

Smith joked that he’s a player-coach and that, if he doesn’t play against the Thunder, he’ll take a seat next to Drew and help him draw up plays.

Now THAT is a joke if I ever heard one.

• Like 1

Just to reiterate what I posted on the other thread:

According to an Oklahoma news source:

Smoove is confirmed out.

Durant has been upgraded to a game-time decision from doubtful.

http://www.newsok.com/okc-thunders-kevin-durant-upgraded-to-game-time-decision-vs.-atlanta-hawks/article/3545879?custom_click=pod_headline_nba-news